Are you searching for the perfect monitor to take your gaming or work setup to the next level? Look no further than the best 55-inch monitor on the market! With its massive screen size and stunning resolution, this monitor will impress.
Whether you’re a gamer looking for a more immersive experience or a professional needing a large display for your work, this monitor has got you covered. So, what makes this monitor stand out from the rest? Let’s dive into its features and find out!
At a Glance:
Best 55 inch Monitor
|Design||Black Friday Deals||Retailer|
1. LG OLED55C1PUB 4K Smart OLED TVBest Pick
|Screen Size||55 inches|
|Resolution||4K Ultra HD|
|Display Type||OLED Display|
|Processor||α9 Gen 4 AI Processor 4K|
|Smart Features||Google Assistant & Alexa Built-In|
Now, let’s dive into a detailed review of the LG OLED55C1PUB 4K Smart OLED TV.
As soon as you turn on the LG OLED55C1PUB, you’ll notice how the OLED display brings your content to life in over 8 million pixels.
The contrast is stunning, with perfect black levels and over a billion rich colors that make the images pop. Each pixel turns on and off independently, making it ideal for viewing dark environments.
This is especially useful for gamers who want to immerse themselves in their games without distractions fully.
One of the standout features of this TV is the α9 Gen 4 AI Processor 4K. It uses deep-learning algorithms to detect scenes and genres and adjusts the picture and sound accordingly.
This makes your content look its best no matter what you’re watching. Whether watching a movie, playing a game, or streaming content, the LG OLED55C1PUB delivers an outstanding viewing experience.
Gamers will appreciate the Game Optimizer feature. It gives you easy access to all your game settings, and the latest HDMI allows fast gaming speeds.
The Auto Low-Latency Mode and HGiG offer low input lag and fast response times. This TV is perfect for gamers who want to play their favorite games without lag or delay.
Another great feature of this TV is the built-in Google Assistant and Alexa. You can control your TV with voice commands and ask it to play your favorite music, give you the weather, or even add items to your shopping list. It’s convenient and easy to use, and you don’t need an extra device.
The LG OLED55C1PUB also offers a home cinema experience. With Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision IQ, and Dolby Atmos, you get breathtaking pictures and audio that make you feel like you’re in the middle of the action.
The Filmmaker Mode allows you to see movies exactly how the directors intended them to be seen. And with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV Plus, Disney Plus, and LG Channels, all your favorite content is at your fingertips.
In terms of positives, the LG OLED55C1PUB is an excellent TV that delivers an outstanding viewing experience with stunning picture quality, fast gaming speeds, and smart features.
It’s perfect for gamers, movie lovers, and anyone who wants a high-quality TV that delivers an immersive experience.
However, there are some negatives to consider as well. The TV is expensive, which may be a deal-breaker for some. It also has limited HDMI ports, which could be problematic if you have multiple devices you want to connect to.
- Stunning picture quality
- Fast gaming speeds
- Built-in Google Assistant and Alexa
- Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision IQ, and Dolby Atmos
- Access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV Plus, Disney Plus, and LG Channels
- Limited HDMI ports
2. Samsung QN55Q80AAFXZA 4K QLED Smart TV
|Display Size||55 inches|
|Resolution||4K UHD (3840 x 2160)|
|Quantum Processor||Quantum Processor 4K|
|HDR Support||Quantum HDR 12X|
|Voice Assistants||Bixby, Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant|
Now, let’s dive into this TV’s detailed review and features. The Samsung QN55Q80AAFXZA is a top-tier 55-inch TV with stunning picture quality and a wide range of features.
One of its most impressive features is the Direct Full Array technology, which uses in-screen LEDs to deliver deep blacks and pure whites for a truly immersive viewing experience.
Thanks to its Quantum Dot technology, it also features a billion brilliant colors, ensuring every detail pops from the screen.
The Quantum Processor 4K is another standout feature of this TV, which transforms any content you watch into 4K with machine learning-based AI.
This means that even non-4K content is upscaled to near-4K quality, delivering a crisp and clear picture. Quantum HDR 12X further enhances the picture quality, offering a wide range of cinematic colors and detail in every scene.
Another feature that sets the Samsung QN55Q80AAFXZA apart is its Object Tracking Sound, which provides realistic 3D audio that moves with the action on screen. This means you get an immersive sound experience that perfectly complements the stunning visuals.
Regarding smart TV features, the Samsung QN55Q80AAFXZA is powered by Tizen, which gives you access to your favorite apps, streaming services, and smart home devices right from your TV.
It also has multiple voice assistants built-in, including Bixby, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant, so you can control your TV and other smart devices using your voice.
- Direct Full Array technology delivers deep blacks and pure whites
- Quantum Dot technology offers a billion brilliant colors
- Quantum Processor 4K transforms any content into near-4K quality
- Object Tracking Sound provides realistic 3D audio
- Tizen-powered smart TV features
- Multiple built-in voice assistants for easy control
- The TV is on the pricier side compared to other 55-inch models
- The stand may be a bit wobbly for some users
3. Sony X950H 4K Ultra HD LED TVStaff Pick
|Picture Processor||X1 Ultimate|
|Display Type||Triluminos Display|
|Backlight Type||Full Array LED with local dimming|
|HDR||X-tended Dynamic Range PRO 6x|
|Smart TV||Android TV with Google Assistant|
|Voice Control||Works with Alexa|
The Sony X950H 4K Ultra HD LED TV is a top-of-the-line television with a stunning display and powerful picture processing technology.
Its Picture Processor X1 Ultimate analyzes content to enhance color, contrast, and clarity for an incredible viewing experience.
The Triluminos Display provides an advanced range of colors and gradations, allowing you to see exactly what the creator intended.
The Full Array LED with local dimming delivers brighter highlights and detailed dark scenes with incredible contrast, thanks to the X-tended Dynamic Range PRO 6x.
It also has a dedicated Game Mode, providing a smoother and more responsive gaming experience when using a PlayStation.
This TV runs on Smart Android with Google Assistant, giving you hands-free control of your TV and smart home devices.
Easily search for movies and shows, get answers, and manage tasks, all with voice commands. It’s also compatible with Alexa, allowing you to control the TV using an Alexa-enabled device.
The Sony X950H 4K Ultra HD LED TV seamlessly integrates with your Apple devices with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support, making it effortless to manage your smart home and stream content.
- Stunning display with advanced color and contrast technology
- Powerful Picture Processor X1 Ultimate for enhancing color, contrast, and clarity
- Full Array LED with local dimming delivers bright highlights and detailed dark scenes
- Dedicated Game Mode for a smoother and more responsive gaming experience
- Smart Android TV with Google Assistant and Alexa compatibility
- Seamless integration with Apple devices with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support
- Expensive compared to other 55-inch TVs on the market
- Limited app selection compared to other smart TVs in the market
4. Vizio P55QX-H1 4K UHD LED Smart TV
|Dolby Vision HDR||Incredible brightness, contrast, and color that bring entertainment to life before your eyes|
|4K Ultra HD||Over 8 million pixels, 4 times the resolution of 1080p|
|VIZIO IQ Active Processor||Superior picture processing and intelligent 4K upscaling engine|
|ProGaming Engine||Unique suite of gaming features for smoother graphics, more responsive gaming, and better 4K HDR picture quality|
|AMD FreeSync||Fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate with AMD FreeSync technology|
|Included components||Power cable, remote control, stand|
Now, let’s dive into the detailed review of this TV.
First, the Vizio P55QX-H1 is an excellent 55-inch TV that provides an outstanding visual experience. The Dolby Vision HDR technology provides bright, vivid colors, and the 4K Ultra HD resolution brings everything to life in stunning detail.
The VIZIO IQ Active Processor is a great feature that delivers superior picture processing, making the overall picture quality of this TV even better.
One of the standout features of this TV is the ProGaming Engine, which is perfect for gamers. This suite of gaming features optimizes Xbox and Playstation gameplay, providing smoother graphics, more responsive gaming, and better 4K HDR picture quality.
The Variable Refresh Rate matches the refresh rate between your console and TV for tear and stutter-free gaming at the lowest input lag.
It is important to note that VRR and low auto latency mode are only compatible with Xbox One X. The AMD FreeSync technology ensures that gaming is smooth and artifact-free, regardless of the framerate.
The TV has a power cable, remote control, and stand, so you have everything you need to start.
In terms of smart features, the Vizio P55QX-H1 is powered by SmartCast, which is easy to use and provides access to all your favorite streaming services. You can also use Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa to control the TV with your voice.
However, there are some negative aspects of this TV that you should consider. One of the main drawbacks is that the TV’s user interface can sometimes be slow and clunky.
Additionally, some users have reported that the TV’s built-in speakers could be better and that you may need a soundbar or external speakers to get the best audio quality.
Overall, the Vizio P55QX-H1 is a fantastic 55-inch TV that provides an outstanding visual experience, particularly for gamers.
The ProGaming Engine, AMD FreeSync technology, and Variable Refresh Rate make this TV a great choice for gamers who want to get the best possible performance out of their gaming console.
The VIZIO IQ Active Processor and Dolby Vision HDR technology also ensure that everything you watch on this TV looks incredible.
However, the slow and clunky user interface and poor built-in speakers are minor issues you should consider.
- Excellent picture quality with Dolby Vision HDR and VIZIO IQ Active Processor
- ProGaming Engine, with Variable Refresh Rate and AMD FreeSync technology, is perfect for gamers.
- Easy-to-use SmartCast with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa support
- Slow and clunky user interface
- Poor built-in speakers
5. Hisense 55-Inch Class H9 Quantum Series Android 4K ULED Smart TVBudget Pick
|Screen size||55 inches|
|Display technology||Quantum Dot ULED|
|HDR support||Dolby Vision HDR|
|Local dimming||Full array with 132 zones|
|Smart TV platform||Android TV|
The Hisense 55-Inch Class H9 Quantum Series Android 4K ULED Smart TV is a stunning TV that will transform your home entertainment experience.
The quantum dot ULED technology delivers a billion colors with stunning brightness, contrast, and color accuracy.
The Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos sound technologies create a truly cinematic experience with astonishing images and immersive audio.
One of the standout features of this TV is the full array of local dimming with 132 zones, which delivers superior HDR performance with up to 1,000-nits peak brightness.
This is especially great for movies and TV shows with dark scenes, as it provides incredibly detailed contrast and deep blacks.
The TV also has a Game Mode that significantly reduces input lag, making it perfect for gamers. Additionally, the TV is easily controlled via the voice-enabled remote or through an Alexa-enabled device.
You can easily open or search for apps, control the volume and inputs, and even search for your favorite TV shows and movies.
The TV measures 48.5 x 28.2 x 3.9 inches and weighs 38.1 pounds without the stand (48.5 x 30.7 x 10.2 inches with the stand, LxWxH, 39.2 pounds).
It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, a voice remote (with batteries included), a power cable, and a quick start guide. It also features far-field voice control for easy navigation and built-in Google Assistant.
- Stunning image quality with a billion colors and Dolby Vision HDR
- Immersive audio with Dolby Atmos
- Full array local dimming with 132 zones for superior HDR performance
- Game Mode with reduced input lag for optimized gaming
- Easy to control with a voice-enabled remote or Alexa-enabled device
- Includes far-field voice control and built-in Google Assistant
- It may be a bit pricey for some budgets
- Some users have reported slow or buggy issues with the Android TV platform.
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Welcome to the ultimate buying guide for the best 55-inch monitor! A 55-inch monitor is perfect for those who want a large screen for gaming, streaming, and watching their favorite movies and TV shows.
However, with so many available options, choosing the perfect one that meets your requirements can take time and effort.
This guide covers the essential factors you should consider before purchasing a 55-inch monitor. So let’s dive in!
- The display technology is the first factor you should consider when choosing a 55-inch monitor. Three display technologies are available in the market: LED, OLED, and QLED. OLED provides the best picture quality, but it is expensive. LED is the most affordable and widely available technology, while QLED offers the best balance between cost and picture quality.
- Resolution is another crucial factor to consider while choosing a 55-inch monitor. The two most popular resolutions are 4K and 1080p. 4K offers the highest resolution with four times the number of pixels of 1080p. It provides a more detailed and immersive viewing experience. However, 1080p is still a great option for those who want a more affordable monitor.
- HDR is a relatively new technology that improves the overall picture quality of a monitor. It provides better contrast, brighter highlights, and a wider color gamut. It’s worth investing in a monitor that supports HDR, especially if you’re a movie or gaming enthusiast.
- A high refresh rate provides a smoother and more fluid gaming experience. If you’re a gamer, investing in a monitor with a high refresh rate of at least 120Hz is worth it. However, if you’re using the monitor for regular tasks, a 60Hz refresh rate is more than enough.
- Smart features like built-in Wi-Fi, voice control, and smart home integration can add convenience and ease of use to your 55-inch monitor. Android TV and Roku TV are popular smart platforms that offer access to thousands of apps and streaming services.
Based on the specifications mentioned in the above reviews, we suggest the Sony X950H 4K Ultra HD LED TV and the Hisense 55-Inch Class H9 Quantum Series Android 4K ULED Smart TV.
Both these monitors have superior display technology, support HDR, and have high refresh rates, making them perfect for gaming and watching movies.
Additionally, they have smart features like built-in voice control and access to thousands of apps and streaming services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between HDR10 and Dolby Vision?
A: HDR10 and Dolby Vision are high dynamic range (HDR) formats that improve a display’s color, contrast, and brightness. However, Dolby Vision is considered superior as it supports 12-bit color depth, compared to HDR10’s 10-bit color depth. Dolby Vision also uses dynamic metadata, which allows it to optimize HDR performance on a scene-by-scene basis.
Q: What is local dimming, and why is it important?
A: Local dimming is a feature found on many high-end 55-inch monitors that allows the display to dim or turn off certain areas of the screen independently, resulting in deeper blacks and improved contrast. This feature is important for a more immersive viewing experience, especially when watching content with dark scenes.
Q: What is the refresh rate, and why does it matter for gaming?
A: The refresh rate refers to the number of times a display updates its image per second. A higher refresh rate means a smoother and more responsive gaming experience, as the display can keep up with fast-paced action without any motion blur. A 55-inch monitor with a 120Hz or higher refresh rate is ideal for gaming.
Q: What is VRR, and why is it important for gaming?
A: VRR stands for variable refresh rate, which allows a display to match its refresh rate to the frame rate output of a gaming console or PC. This helps to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering, resulting in a smoother and more immersive gaming experience. A 55-inch monitor with VRR support is highly recommended for serious gamers.
Q: What is the difference between LED and OLED displays?
A: LED (light-emitting diode) displays are backlit, meaning a backlight illuminates the entire screen. On the other hand, OLED (organic light-emitting diode) displays emit light on a per-pixel basis, allowing for deeper blacks and better contrast. OLED displays have wider viewing angles and faster response times but are generally more expensive than LED displays.
In conclusion, a 55-inch monitor is a great choice for those who want to enjoy an immersive viewing experience without sacrificing too much space in their homes.
With the latest technological advancements, these monitors offer stunning picture quality, rich colors, and smart features that make your viewing experience more enjoyable.
When choosing the best 55-inch monitor, consider your preferences, budget, and the features that matter most to you, such as HDR support, refresh rate, and smart features.
Do your research and read reviews before making your final decision, and you’ll be sure to find a monitor that will bring your movies, TV shows, and games to life like never before.