Hey there! Are you tired of squinting at your computer screen, trying to fit everything onto a tiny display? If so, consider upgrading to an ultrawide monitor. With an ultrawide monitor, you’ll see more of your work, whether gaming, editing videos, or web browsing.
This article will look at some of the best ultrawide monitors on the market today and explore what makes them stand out. So please sit back, relax, and let’s dive into the world of ultrawide monitors!
At a Glance:
best ultrawide monitor
1. LG 34GP83A-B UltragearBest Pick
|Resolution||3440 x 1440 WQHD|
|Refresh Rate||160Hz (overclocked)|
|Response Time||1ms (MBR)|
|HDR Support||VESA DisplayHDR 400|
|Color Gamut||99% sRGB|
Let me share my experience with the LG 34GP83A-B Ultragear monitor. As someone always looking for the best gaming monitors, this ultra-wide monitor is one of the best on the market.
The large, curved screen immerses you in the action, and the ultra-wide aspect ratio increases your field of view, allowing you to see more of the game world.
The monitor’s overclocked 160Hz refresh rate with 1-millisecond Motion Blur Reduction (MBR) keeps you firmly in the action while reducing blur and ghosting. This means you can respond to opponents quickly, giving you an edge in fast-paced games.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its HDR compatibility. With VESA DisplayHDR 400 and 99% sRGB color gamut support, the monitor brings virtual worlds to life with highly accurate color, elevating textures, elements, character movements, and natural light and shadow. The vibrant colors and the details are crisp, making the gaming experience even more immersive.
The NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium compatibility virtually eliminate screen tearing and minimize stutter in high-resolution, fast-paced games. This results in a fast and fluid gaming experience free from distractions, giving you a competitive edge.
Dynamic Action Sync is another feature that helps reduce input lag, making it easier for you to respond to on-screen action quickly.
Black Stabilizer dynamically brightens dark scenes to help you find enemies in the dark, while the Crosshair feature enhances your accuracy in firefights.
- Large, curved ultra-wide screen for immersive gaming
- High refresh rate and low response time for fast-paced games
- HDR compatibility with highly accurate colors
- NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium compatibility for a fast and fluid gaming experience
- Dynamic Action Sync and Black Stabilizer features for better visibility in dark scenes
- Crosshair feature for enhanced accuracy in firefights
- Expensive compared to other gaming monitors
- Large sizes may not be suitable for all setups
2. Samsung LC34J791WTNXZA
|Resolution||3440 x 1440 WQHD|
|Viewing Angle||178 degrees|
Now, let me share my personal experience with the Samsung LC34J791WTNXZA monitor. As someone always looking for the best ultrawide monitors, this monitor has a unique feature that sets it apart from the rest – Thunderbolt 3 connectivity.
The Thunderbolt 3 connectivity allows a single cable to link and dock the monitor and laptop, making it a great choice for people who need to work on the go.
With 40 Gaps processing speed – 4x faster than USB – and up to 85W laptop charging, this monitor is a great all-in-one solution for power and connectivity.
In terms of the display, the monitor has an ultra-wide WQHD resolution of 3440 x 1440, making it a great choice for multitasking.
The intuitive screen split software PBP/PIP allows you to split the screen into multiple windows for maximum productivity easily.
The QLED technology used in this monitor provides a wide range of colors, darker blacks, and a 3000:1 contrast ratio, resulting in vibrant and detailed images.
The curved design and 178-degree viewing angle also ensure the display is comfortable to look at from any angle.
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for single-source power and charging
- Ultra-wide WQHD resolution for great multitasking
- Intuitive screen split software for maximum productivity
- QLED technology for vibrant and detailed images
- Curved design and wide viewing angle for comfortable viewing
- Great connectivity options for docks, displays, and peripherals
- A response time of 4ms may not be suitable for fast-paced gaming
- Expensive compared to other ultrawide monitors
3. Dell U3419W UltrasharpStaff Pick
|Resolution||WQHD (3440 x 1440), 21:9 aspect ratio|
|Response time||5ms (gray-to-gray)|
|Viewing angle||178 degrees (horizontal/vertical)|
|Connectivity||USB-C, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3.0, Audio line-out, Ethernet|
Now let me share my experience with this monitor. The Dell U3419W Ultrasharp is an excellent ultrawide monitor for work and entertainment.
The large screen has a great aspect, ing it perfect for multitasking and productivity. The increased screen curvature adds to the immersive experience, allowing you to focus on your work or enjoy your favorite movie without distractions.
The Picture-In-Picture (PIP) and Picture-By-Picture (PBP) features are a great addition to this monitor. They allow you to view content from two different computer sources simultaneously, which is useful for professionals working on multiple projects simultaneously.
The USB-C connectivity is a standout feature of this monitor. It allows you to connect your laptop to the monitor and charge up to 90W from a single source. The built-in surge protection also ensures your devices are safe from electrical damage.
The image quality is excellent, with a WQHD resolution of 3440 x 1440, providing sharp and clear visuals. The colors are accurate, and the viewing angles are wide, making sharing the screen with others easy.
The Dell U3419W Ultrasharp has a refresh rate of 60Hz, which is decent for most tasks but may not be suitable for hardcore gaming. Additionally, the response time of 5ms could be better in the market but is adequate for most purposes.
- Large and immersive screen with increased curvature
- Picture-In-Picture (PIP) and Picture-By-Picture (PBP) features
- USB-C connectivity with built-in surge protection
- Excellent image quality with accurate colors and wide viewing angles
- The refresh rate may not be suitable for hardcore gaming
- Response time is not the best in the market
4. Acer Predator X38 Pbmiphzx
|Screen Size||37.5 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 1600 (UltraWide QHD+)|
|Refresh Rate||Up to 175Hz|
|Response Time||1ms (G to G) – Up to 0.3ms (G to G)|
|Color Gamut||DCI-P3 98% Wide Color Gamut|
|DisplayHDR Certification||VESA Certified DisplayHDR 400|
|Speaker||2 Speakers, 7 Watts Per Speaker|
|Ports||1 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x HDMI v2.0, 4 x USB 3.0|
The Acer Predator X38 Pbmiphzx is a top-of-the-line ultrawide monitor providing the best gaming experience.
The monitor boasts a large 37.5-inch screen with an UltraWide QHD+ resolution of 3840 x 1600 pixels, which provides plenty of screen real estate for gaming, work, or entertainment.
The 21:9 aspect ratio and 2300R curved display create an immersive viewing experience that enhances the visual experience of any game or movie.
The monitor’s ZeroFrame design creates a seamless visual experience that makes it look and feel like a single large display.
The 175Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time ensure the visuals are smooth and free of lag or tearing, even in fast-paced games.
The monitor is also equipped with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology that reduces screen tearing and provides a smooth and responsive gaming experience.
The Acer Predator X38 Pbmiphzx also features VESA Certified DisplayHDR 400 and DCI-P3 98% Wide Color Gamut, which provide high brightness, contrast, and color accuracy.
This means that the visuals are stunning and lifelike, with rich and vivid colors that pop off the screen. The Delta E<2 ensures color accuracy, which is ideal for professional photographers and graphic designers.
Regarding connectivity, the monitor features a DisplayPort 1.4, an HDMI v2.0 port, and four USB 3.0 ports that enable easy connectivity to your computer or other peripherals.
The built-in speakers with 7 watts of power per speaker provide a decent audio experience for gaming or watching movies.
- Large 37.5-inch screen with UltraWide QHD+ resolution
- High refresh rate and fast response time for smooth and responsive gaming
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology reduces screen tearing and provides a smooth gaming experience
- High brightness and contrast with VESA Certified DisplayHDR 400 and DCI-P3 98% Wide Color Gamut
- Multiple connectivity options, including DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI v2.0, and USB 3.0 ports
- Predator GameView with eight modes for easy customization
- Built-in speakers are not very powerful
5. ViewSonic VX3481-UC-MHDBudget Pick
|Screen Size||34 inches|
|Resolution||3440 x 1440 (WQHD)|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Viewing Angle||178° (H) / 178° (V)|
The ViewSonic VX3481-UC-MHD is a fantastic ultrawide monitor that offers an immersive viewing experience. The curved design provides a panoramic image that draws you into your content, making it perfect for gaming, work, or entertainment.
One of the best things about this monitor is its resolution. The 3440 x 1440 (WQHD) resolution provides sharp, detailed images that look amazing on the 34-inch screen. The 21:9 aspect ratio is perfect for watching movies or playing games, giving you a wider field of view.
Gamers will appreciate the 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms (MPRT) response time, which provides ultra-smooth gameplay and eliminates screen tearing.
The VESA Adaptive-Sync technology automatically calibrates frame rates for a seamless gaming experience.
The ViewSonic VX3481-UC-MHD also features Flicker-Free technology and a Blue Light Filter to reduce eye strain during long gaming or work sessions. Additionally, it has several pre-set customizable visual modes designed for FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games.
Regarding connectivity, the monitor supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, making it easy to set up and use.
- Immersive viewing experience with the 1500R curved design
- WQHD resolution with a 21:9 aspect ratio provides sharp, detailed images
- 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms (MPRT) response time provide ultra-smooth gaming
- Flicker-Free technology and a Blue Light Filter reduce eye strain during long sessions
- Several pre-set customizable visual modes designed for gaming
- Supports HDMI and DisplayPort inputs for flexible connectivity
- No built-in speakers
- Limited ergonomic adjustments
6. AOC CU34G2X 34″ Curved Frameless
|Display Size||34″ Class (34″ Viewable)|
|Resolution||3440×1440 Ultra wide Quad HD (2K+)|
|Response Time||1.0 milliseconds (MPRT)|
|Color Gamut||115% sRGB and 98% Adobe RGB|
The AOC CU34G2X is a fantastic ultrawide monitor that offers gamers and content creators an immersive viewing experience with its 34-inch curved frameless display.
The monitor has a 3440×1440 ultra-wide Quad HD resolution, delivering crisp and clear visuals with stunning detail.
The VA panel offers a wide viewing angle and brilliant colors displaying over 115% sRGB and 98% Adobe RGB color gamut area coverage, making it an excellent choice for graphic designers and photo editors.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its rapid 1ms response time (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync, making it an ideal choice for competitive gamers who require ultra-smooth gameplay.
The monitor’s curve radius is 1500mm, which offers a comfortable viewing experience with minimal distortion and immersive gameplay.
The AOC CU34G2X boasts a 3-sided frameless design with a 1500R curvature that enhances the immersive gaming and entertainment experience. The sleek and stylish design makes it an excellent addition to any setup.
The monitor also comes with AOC Re-Spawned 3-year zero-bright-dot and 3-year advance replacement and a 1-year (one-time) accidental damage warranty, providing users peace of mind.
- Excellent color accuracy and wide viewing angles.
- Rapid 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync.
- The 3-sided frameless design with a 1500R curvature enhances the immersive gaming and entertainment experience.
- AOC Re-Spawned a 3-year zero-bright-dot and 3-year advance replacement and a 1-year (one-time) accidental damage warranty.
- The stand is not adjustable, which may be uncomfortable for some users.
- The monitor’s brightness could be better.
7 ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1BBest Pick
|Display Size||34 inches|
|Refresh Rate||165Hz (supports 144Hz)|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||FreeSync Premium and Adaptive-Sync with NVIDIA GeForce graphics|
|HDR||High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with DisplayHDR 400|
|Connectivity||DisplayPort 1.4 x2, HDMI (v2.0) x2, USB Hub ports|
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B is one of the best ultrawide monitors on the market. It’s a 34-inch gaming monitor with a 1500R curve designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay.
It has a 3440×1440 resolution, providing high-quality images with crisp details and vivid colors. The 165Hz refresh rate is ultra-fast and supports 144Hz, ensuring an ultra-smooth gaming experience.
The ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology with a 1ms response time (MPRT) eliminates ghosting, ensuring sharp gaming visuals at high frame rates.
FreeSync Premium technology eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates, providing smooth visuals during fast-paced games.
The High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with a professional color gamut delivers contrast and color performance that meets the DisplayHDR 400 certification.
The monitor has an extensive connectivity option with DisplayPort 1.4 x2, HDMI (v2.0) x2, and USB Hub ports. It supports both Adaptive-Sync with NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards and FreeSync with AMD Radeon graphics cards, making it a versatile option for gamers. It’s compatible with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series, GTX 16 series, RTX 20 series, and newer graphics cards.
In terms of design, the monitor has a sleek and stylish appearance, with a thin bezel, making it perfect for a multi-monitor setup. The stand is adjustable, allowing tilt, swivel, or pivot to suit individual preferences.
- High-quality images with vivid colors and crisp details
- Ultra-fast 165Hz refresh rate with a 1ms response time
- FreeSync Premium technology eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates
- Extensive connectivity options with DisplayPort 1.4 x2, HDMI (v2.0) x2, and USB Hub ports
- Compatible with both Adaptive-Sync and FreeSync graphics cards
- Stylish design with a thin bezel
- Adjustable stands for individual preferences
- The price is a bit high compared to other ultrawide monitors in the market
- The monitor lacks built-in speakers, so you must invest in external speakers.
8. MSI Optix MPG341CQRBest Pick
|Resolution||UWQHD (3440 x 1440)|
|Color Support||1.07 billion colors|
|GameSense||Conductively enables external game alerts via RGB LED lighting|
Now, let’s dive into the detailed review:
I recently got my hands on the MSI Optix MPG341CQR ultrawide monitor, which has exceeded my expectations. This monitor is perfect for gamers who want an immersive gaming experience.
The 1800R curved display helps with gameplay immersion, and the UWQHD resolution of 3440 x 1440 ensures that game titles look even better and display more details.
One of the standout features of this monitor is GameSense, which conductively enables external game alerts via RGB LED lighting.
This is especially useful for competitive online games where you must know everything happening on the screen. The RGB LED lighting also adds a nice touch of style to the monitor.
The MSI Optix MPG341CQR has a refresh rate of 144Hz and a response time of 1 ms, which means you can enjoy a smooth gaming experience without any screen tearing or choppy frame rates. This is perfect for fast-paced games where split-second reactions make all the difference.
Regarding color support, the MSI Optix MPG341CQR offers an impressive 1.07 billion colors. This means that you can enjoy a wide range of colors and shades that are true to life, making games and movies look even more immersive.
While the MSI Optix MPG341CQR has many great features, it could be better. One downside is that it can be a bit pricey compared to other ultrawide monitors. Some users have reported that the monitor can be tricky to set up and calibrate properly.
I highly recommend the MSI Optix MPG341CQR ultrawide monitor to any serious gamer seeking an immersive, high-performance gaming experience. It has features to help you take your gaming to the next level.
- Immersive 1800R curved display
- UWQHD resolution for more detailed game titles
- GameSense feature for external game alerts via RGB LED lighting
- Fast 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time
- Impressive color support with 1.07 billion colors
- Pricey compared to other ultrawide monitors
- Tricky to set up and calibrate properly
9. BenQ EX3501R Ultrawide Curved Gaming MonitorBest Pick
|Screen Size||35 inches|
|Resolution||3440 x 1440|
|Connectivity||HDMI, DisplayPort, USB-C|
|Eye-Care||Brightness Intelligence Plus, Zero Flicker, Low Blue Light|
The BenQ EX3501R Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor is an excellent choice for gamers who want an immersive experience. With a 35-inch curved screen and 3440×1440 resolution, the monitor provides a panoramic view that enhances the gaming experience.
The 1800R curvature also ensures the monitor offers an optimal viewing angle and a 21:9 aspect ratio, making it perfect for gaming and other multimedia activities.
One of the most impressive features of this monitor is its Brightness Intelligence Plus technology. This proprietary sensor adapts the screen brightness and color temperature to your room’s lighting conditions, ensuring your eyes don’t strain during long gaming sessions.
The monitor also comes with Zero Flicker and Low Blue Light, which work together to prevent eye strain, blurred vision, and fatigue.
The BenQ EX3501R Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor also features height and tilt adjustability, finding the most comfortable viewing easy angle.
The monitor has super speed connectivity options, including USB-C one-cable connectivity that enables SuperSpeed USB data transfer and 2K video delivery over a single cable. It also has HDMI and DisplayPort options, making connecting your gaming console, PC, or laptop easy.
The monitor has a 100Hz refresh rate that ensures a smooth gaming experience. The AMD FreeSync technology eliminates choppy tearing and broken frames, while HDR technology offers greater brightness and contrast levels for clear and vivid images. This monitor is perfect for competitive gamers who want an edge in their gameplay.
- Immersive ultra-wide 35-inch curved screen with 3440×1440 resolution
- Patented eye-care technology with Brightness Intelligence Plus, Zero Flicker, and Low Blue Light
- Height and tilt adjustability for a comfortable viewing angle
- Super speed connectivity options, including USB-C one-cable connectivity
- 100Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync and HDR technology for smooth gameplay
- Ultra-slim bezel for a seamless viewing experience
- Expensive compared to other ultrawide monitors on the market
- Some users have reported backlight bleed in dark scenes
- No built-in speakers
10. Alienware 1900R Gaming Monitor AW3418DWBest Pick
|Display Size||34 inches|
|Resolution||3440 x 1440|
|Refresh Rate||120Hz (native), overclockable to 144Hz|
|Adaptive Sync||NVIDIA G-Sync|
|Response Time||4ms (gray-to-gray)|
The Alienware AW3418DW is an ultrawide monitor that delivers an immersive gaming experience with its 34-inch curved display and WQHD resolution.
The 1900R curvature ensures the monitor is not too flat or curved but just right for the best viewing angle.
The resolution provides crisp and clear visuals, and the monitor has a 120Hz refresh rate (overclockable to 144Hz) that delivers smooth gameplay with no tearing or stuttering.
The monitor also features NVIDIA G-Sync, which eliminates screen tearing and stuttering. This technology synchronizes the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card’s output for a smooth gaming experience. The monitor also supports a native 100Hz refresh rate for non-NVIDIA graphics card users.
One of the standout features of the AW3418DW is its design. It has an iconic design with AlienFX lighting that illuminates the quick access front USB ports and headphone ports in a dim light environment.
It also has an adjustable stand that allows users to tilt, swivel and adjust the monitor’s height to their viewing comfort for long hours of gameplay.
The monitor is TUV certified for eye comfort and features ComfortView, which reduces low blue light emissions, helping to combat eye strain, blurred vision, and fatigue.
It also comes with Dell Premium Panel Exchange, which means Dell will send out a replacement panel within one business day during your 3-year warranty period, even if only one bright pixel is found.
- Immersive 34-inch curved display
- Crisp and clear visuals with WQHD resolution
- Smooth gameplay with 120Hz (overclockable to 144Hz) and NVIDIA G-Sync
- Iconic design with AlienFX lighting
- Adjustable stand for comfortable viewing
- Dell Premium Panel Exchange for peace of mind
- Expensive compared to some other ultrawide monitors
- Not as curved as some other ultrawide monitors
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Are you looking for immersive gaming or productivity experience? An ultrawide monitor is what you need. With a wider aspect ratio than traditional monitors, ultrawide monitors offer a more expansive and immersive viewing experience.
But with so many options in the market, it can take time to pick the best one for your needs. Here is a detailed buying guide to help you make an informed decision.
Size and Aspect Ratio:
- When it comes to ultrawide monitors, size matters. The size of the monitor determines the amount of screen real estate available to you. The most common ultrawide aspect ratios are 21:9 and 32:9, with sizes ranging from 29 to 49 inches. It’s important to consider the size of your workspace and the distance between you and the monitor when choosing the best size.
- The ultrawide monitor’s resolution determines the images’ sharpness and clarity. The higher the resolution, the more detail you can see. Common resolutions for ultrawide monitors are 2560 x 1080, 3440 x 1440, and 5120 x 1440. It’s important to consider the resolution of the size of the monitor, as a low-resolution monitor might look pixelated on a larger screen.
Refresh Rate and Response Time:
- The refresh rate and response time are essential for gamers who want a smooth and responsive gaming experience. The refresh rate refers to the number of times the monitor refreshes the image per second, while the response time is when The monitor switches from one color to another. A higher refresh rate and lower response time result in a smoother and more responsive experience.
- The panel type affects the monitor’s color accuracy, viewing angles, and contrast of the monitor. IPS, VA, and TN. IPS panels offer the best color accuracy and viewing angles, while VA panels offer better contrast. TN panels are the most responsive but have the poorest color accuracy and viewing angles.
- Make sure to check the connectivity options before purchasing an ultrawide monitor. Look for monitors that offer multiple inputs, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C. USB-C is particularly useful for charging devices and transferring data.
- Some ultrawide monitors have come with additional features that enhance the user experience. These can include built-in speakers, HDR support, and adjustable stands.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between an ultrawide monitor and a regular monitor?
Ultrawide monitors have a wider aspect ratio than regular monitors, usually 21:9 or 32:9, compared to regular monitors, the standard 16:9 aspect ratio of regular monitors. This allows for a more immersive viewing experience.
What is the ideal resolution for an ultrawide monitor?
The ideal resolution for an ultrawide monitor depends on the size of the monitor. The ideal resolution for a 34-inch ultrawide monitor is typically 3440×1440 pixels, while the ideal resolution for a 49-inch ultrawide monitor is typically 5120×1440 pixels.
Do ultrawide monitors have a higher refresh rate than regular monitors?
Depending on the specific model, ultrawide monitors can have higher refresh rates than regular monitors. Some ultrawide monitors have a refresh rate of up to 240Hz, while others may only have a refresh rate of 60Hz.
Are ultrawide monitors good for gaming?
Yes, ultrawide monitors are great for gaming because they provide a wider field of view, which can enhance the gaming experience. Additionally, many ultrawide monitors have features like high refresh rates and low input lag, which are important for gaming.
Do ultrawide monitors have built-in speakers?
Some ultrawide monitors have built-in speakers, but not all of them do. If built-in speakers are important, check the specifications of the specific model you are interested in.
In conclusion, an ultrawide monitor is worth considering if you’re a gamer or a professional requiring a large workspace. With their wider screen, higher resolution, and smoother gameplay, you’ll have a more immersive and productive experience.
When choosing an ultrawide monitor, consider the important factors-factors that are important to you, such as resolution, refresh rate, and connectivity options.
KeepTheKeep in mind that the best ultrawide monitor for you might not be the most expensive one. It all comes down to finding the right balance between features and budget.