Are you looking for a high-performance monitor that can take your gaming experience to the next level? Look no further because we’ve got just the thing for you – the best 165Hz monitor on the market! With a lightning-fast refresh rate of 165Hz, this monitor is perfect for gamers who demand the best speed and responsiveness.
Whether playing the latest AAA titles or competing in fast-paced online games, this monitor will provide a smooth and immersive gaming experience.
So, if you’re ready to take your gaming to new heights, let’s explore this amazing monitor’s features and benefits!
At a Glance:
5 Best 165hz monitor
1. ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1ABest Pick
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440|
|Refresh Rate||170Hz (overclocked, supports 144Hz)|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
As a professional gamer, I always seek the best gaming monitor to offer me immersive gameplay, stunning visuals, and a competitive edge over my opponents. And I must say, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A monitor has exceeded my expectations in every aspect.
Let’s start with the main keyword intention of the best 165Hz monitor, the refresh rate. This monitor boasts an ultrafast 170Hz overclock refresh rate, supporting up to 144Hz.
This means I can enjoy ultra-smooth and responsive gameplay, even in the most intense gaming scenarios.
Another feature that makes this monitor stand out is the 1ms (MPRT) response time, which eliminates motion blur and ghosting. This is especially important in fast-paced games where split-second reactions can make all the difference.
The ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology is also worth mentioning. This feature enables ELMB and G-SYNC Compatibility, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
The NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatibility Technology also ensures smooth gameplay by eliminating screen tearing and stuttering.
Moving on to the visual quality, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A monitor comes with High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology that delivers contrast and color performance that meets the DisplayHDR 400 certification.
The professional color gamut ensures that every detail is displayed accurately, making it easier to spot enemies and navigate complex environments.
The Shadow Boost feature is also a great addition to this monitor, as it enhances image details in dark areas, brightening scenes without over-exposing bright areas.
This makes it easier to spot enemies lurking in the shadows and can give you a competitive edge in games.
This monitor has two HDMI (v2.0) ports and a DisplayPort 1.2 port, offering robust connectivity options for all gaming devices.
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A is an exceptional gaming monitor that delivers on every front. The refresh rate, response time, and visual quality are top-notch, and the various gaming features make it an excellent choice for competitive gamers. However, there are a few minor drawbacks that need to be mentioned.
- Ultrafast refresh rate
- 1ms response time
- ELMB SYNC and G-SYNC Compatibility
- High Dynamic Range technology
- Shadow Boost feature
- Robust connectivity options
- The slightly higher price point
- Limited adjustability in terms of stand
- Not the best color accuracy compared to other IPS panels
2. ViewSonic XG270QG
|Response Time||1ms (GtG)|
|Refresh Rate||165Hz (OC)|
|Color Coverage||98% DCI-P3|
The ViewSonic XG270QG is an excellent monitor that provides a high-quality gaming experience. The 1440p resolution and true 1ms (GtG) response time ensure that images are clear and sharp.
The 165Hz (OC) refresh rate is impressive and provides smooth gameplay, even when playing fast-paced games.
The IPS Nano Color technology is a great feature that brings games to life with 98% DCI-P3 color coverage and 10-bit color depth. The colors are vibrant, accurate, and crisp and clear images.
The NVIDIA G-SYNC technology is also a valuable feature that eliminates screen tearing and stuttering, providing uninterrupted gaming with synchronized frame rates.
It also has variable overdrive and ultra-low motion blur, ensuring smooth gameplay with fast-moving action.
The ViewSonic XG270QG enhances your gaming setup with built-in mouse bungee, ELITE RGB ambient lighting, sight shields, and a reinforced headphone hook. It is also adjustable and ergonomic, ensuring maximum comfort during long gaming sessions.
Overall, the ViewSonic XG270QG is an impressive gaming monitor with excellent features and functionality. Its impressive specifications and NVIDIA G-SYNC technology make it one of the best 165 Hz monitors on the market.
- Excellent image quality with vibrant colors and accurate images
- High refresh rate and low response time for smooth gameplay
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering
- Ergonomic and fully adjustable design for maximum comfort
- Elite design enhancements, including mouse bungee and RGB lighting
- Expensive compared to other gaming monitors
- Limited connectivity options
3. Dell S3220DGFStaff Pick
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 pixels|
|Refresh rate||144Hz (overclocking to 165Hz)|
|Panel technology||In-plane switching (IPS)|
The Dell S3220DGF is a 27-inch WQHD monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate, which can be overclocked to 165Hz using the DisplayPort. The monitor features NVIDIA G-Sync technology, which delivers an incredibly smooth and tear-free gaming experience.
Additionally, the monitor has a quick response time of 4ms, which means there is minimal motion blur during fast-paced gaming.
The Dell S3220DGF monitor has a sleek and professional design, with thin bezels and an adjustable stand for comfortable viewing. The monitor also features Flicker-Free technology, which helps reduce eye strain during extended use.
The panel technology of the Dell S3220DGF is In-Plane Switching (IPS), which provides excellent color accuracy and wide viewing angles. The monitor has a brightness of 350 nits, which is bright enough for use in well-lit rooms.
One of the best features of the Dell S3220DGF is its connectivity options. The monitor has two HDMI ports and a DisplayPort, allowing you to connect multiple devices.
The monitor also has a VESA-compatible mountable stand, allowing easy wall or monitor arm mounting.
Overall, the Dell S3220DGF is a fantastic gaming monitor that offers a smooth and immersive gaming experience. Here are some pros and cons of the monitor:
- Excellent color accuracy and wide viewing angles
- NVIDIA G-Sync technology for tear-free gaming
- Flicker-Free technology to reduce eye strain
- Multiple connectivity options
- No USB ports on the monitor
- Some users may find the stand wobbly at times.
4. Acer Predator XB271HU
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (WQHD)|
|Refresh Rate||144Hz (overclocked to 165Hz via DP)|
|Panel Technology||In-plane switching (IPS)|
|Signal Inputs||1 x HDMI (V1.4), 1 x DisplayPort|
|Viewing Angle||178° (H)/ 178° (V)|
|Mounting Type||VESA compatibility mountable (100×100)|
|Speaker||2 x 2W|
I recently enjoyed using the Acer Predator XB271HU and am quite impressed. As someone who spends a lot of time on my computer, I’m always looking for the best monitors out there, and this one makes the list of the best 165Hz monitors. Here’s why:
First of all, the picture quality is fantastic. With a WQHD resolution of 2560 x 1440 and an in-plane switching (IPS) panel, the colors are vibrant, and the viewing angles are great at 178° (H) and 178° (V). I got lost in the visuals when watching videos or playing games.
Speaking of games, the Acer Predator XB271HU is an excellent choice for gamers. The monitor has a refresh rate of 144Hz, which can be overclocked to 165Hz via the DisplayPort, giving you incredibly smooth visuals and fast response times.
The 4ms response time also helps to prevent any ghosting or blurring during fast-paced action scenes. NVIDIA G-Sync technology also provides an incredibly smooth and seamless gaming experience.
The monitor also has several helpful features that make using it a breeze. For example, the flicker-less technology helps to reduce eye strain during long gaming sessions, which is a plus.
Additionally, the monitor is compatible with VESA mounts, allowing you to customize the setup of your workspace.
One small downside I noticed was that the built-in speakers were less loud than I would have liked, but they’re still useful for casual use.
Overall, I recommend the Acer Predator XB271HU to anyone looking for a top-of-the-line monitor with excellent picture quality and gaming features. Here’s a quick summary of the pros and cons:
- Beautiful WQHD resolution and IPS panel technology
- High refresh rate and fast response time for seamless gaming
- NVIDIA G-Sync technology for smooth visuals
- Flicker-less technology helps to reduce eye strain
- VESA compatibility for easy customization of your workspace
- Built-in speakers could be louder
5. AOC CQ32G1Budget Pick
|Display Size||32 inches|
|Resolution||2560×1440 Quad HD (2K)|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||AMD FreeSync|
Now, let’s move on to the detailed review of the AOC CQ32G1 gaming monitor. As someone who loves to play games, I was looking for a monitor that could provide an immersive gaming experience with a high refresh rate and quick response time. After researching, I came across the AOC CQ32G1 monitor, which tick all the right boxes.
The first thing that caught my attention was the 1800R curved monitor design, which wrapped around me for an immersive gaming experience.
The 32-inch monitor size and 2560×1440 Quad HD resolution (2K) gave me a crystal-clear display, making my games look sharper and more vibrant than ever before.
The monitor’s rapid 1ms (MPRT) response and 144Hz refresh rate, combined with AMD FreeSync technology, gave me smooth gameplay without any screen tearing or stuttering. This made a big difference in my competitive games, where every millisecond counts.
The 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders was perfect for a multi-monitor setup, providing me with a seamless and immersive experience.
The monitor’s 80,000,000:1 Smart contrast ratio gave me a more vivid and dynamic visual experience, with deeper blacks and brighter whites.
The AOC CQ32G1 also comes with DisplayPort, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI 1.4 inputs, and an Audio Line-out, making it easy for me to connect all my gaming peripherals. The monitor is also VESA compatible, so I could easily mount it on my wall, saving up desk space.
Regarding eye comfort, the AOC CQ32G1 comes with AOC’s low Blue mode and flickers technology that reduces eye strain during extended gaming sessions. This is a great feature for anyone who spends long hours playing games.
- 1800R curved monitor for an immersive gaming experience
- 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms (MPRT) response time for smooth gameplay
- AMD FreeSync technology for no screen tearing or stuttering
- VESA is compatible for wall-mounting
- Low Blue mode and flickers technology for eye comfort
- The 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for multi-monitor setup
- No USB ports
- No height adjustment
6. MSI Optix MAG272CQR
|Viewing Angle||178° (H) / 178° (V)|
|Resolution||WQHD (2560 x 1440)|
The MSI Optix MAG272CQR has excellent build quality with thin bezels, making it perfect for multi-monitor setups.
The monitor is compatible with VESA mounts and has an adjustable stand that can be tilted, swiveled, and adjusted for height.
The Type-C port makes it easy to connect laptops and PCs without hassle, and the monitor also comes with HDMI and DisplayPort ports.
One of the most notable features of the MSI Optix MAG272CQR is its Night Vision feature, which helps you see every detail in the dark.
This feature is especially useful for FPS games, where enemies can hide in the shadows. The monitor also has an anti-flicker and low blue light mode that reduces eye strain during extended gaming sessions.
The MSI Optix MAG272CQR is an excellent choice for gamers who want an immersive gaming experience. Its WQHD high resolution, 165Hz refresh rate, and AMD FreeSync technology offer a smooth and responsive gaming experience without tearing or stuttering. The Night Vision feature, anti-flicker, and low blue light mode add to the gaming experience.
- Immersive gaming experience with its 1500R curvature
- The Night Vision feature helps you see every detail in the dark
- Anti-flicker and low blue light mode reduces eye strain during extended gaming sessions
- Adjustable stand with tilt, swivel, and height adjustment
- Thin bezels make it perfect for multi-monitor setups
- Type-C port for easy connectivity
- No built-in speakers
- Some users prefer a larger display size.
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Regarding gaming, having the right monitor can make a difference in the overall experience. One of the most important features for gamers is the refresh rate, and a 165 Hz monitor can provide an excellent balance of speed and smoothness.
But with so many options on the market, it can take time to know which monitor best fits your needs. In this buying guide, we’ll consider some important factors when choosing the best 165 Hz monitor and suggest a few top options.
- Resolution: While 1080p is still popular for many gamers, a 165 Hz monitor can provide an even more immersive experience with a higher resolution, like 1440p or 4K. Remember that the higher the resolution, the more demanding it will be on your graphics card.
- Panel Type: A few different panel types to consider when choosing a monitor, including TN, VA, and IPS. TN panels are the fastest and offer the lowest response times but can have poor viewing angles and color reproduction. VA panels offer better contrast ratios and viewing angles but can suffer from ghosting. IPS panels have the best color reproduction and viewing angles but are typically slower and can suffer from IPS glow.
- Adaptive Sync: Adaptive sync technologies like AMD FreeSync and NVIDIA G-Sync can help eliminate screen tearing and stuttering, providing a smoother gaming experience. Check which adaptive sync technologies are supported by the monitor you’re considering, and ensure that your graphics card is compatible.
- Connectivity: Make sure the monitor you choose has the necessary ports, whether HDMI, DisplayPort, or USB-C. If you plan to connect multiple devices, ensure the monitor has enough ports to accommodate them.
- Size and Design: The size and design of the monitor can be a matter of personal preference, but make sure to choose a size that works for your setup and provides an immersive gaming experience. A curved monitor can also provide a more immersive experience, but remember, and it can be expensive.
- Price: Finally, consider your budget when choosing a 165 Hz monitor. While some models can be expensive, there are also more affordable options that still provide excellent performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a 60 Hz and a 165 Hz monitor?
The main difference is the refresh rate, with a 165 Hz monitor refreshing the image on the screen 165 times per second, while a 60 Hz monitor does it 60 times per second. This means the image on a 165 Hz monitor will be smoother and more fluid, especially in fast-paced games.
What is response time, and why is it important in a 165 Hz monitor?
Response time refers to the time it takes for a pixel to change from one colour to another. A low response time in a 165 Hz monitor is important because it ensures that the images are displayed quickly and accurately, without any lag or ghosting.
What are G-Sync and FreeSync, and do I need them in a 165 Hz monitor?
G-Sync and FreeSync are technologies that synchronize the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card’s frame rate, which can eliminate screen tearing and stuttering. While unnecessary, they can provide a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience.
What is the difference between a TN and an IPS panel in a 165 Hz monitor?
TN panels generally have faster response times and higher refresh rates, making them better for competitive gaming. On the other hand, IPS panels have better color accuracy and wider viewing angles, making them better for content creation and media consumption.
Can I use a 165 Hz monitor with a laptop?
If your laptop has a compatible port, such as HDMI or DisplayPort, you can use a 165 Hz monitor. However, remember that your laptop’s graphics card may need to be more powerful to take full advantage of the monitor’s capabilities.
In conclusion, choosing the best 165 Hz monitor for your needs can greatly enhance your gaming experience. With a high refresh rate and low response time, these monitors provide smoother and more fluid gameplay with less motion blur.
It’s important to consider factors such as resolution, panel technology, connectivity options, and additional features such as HDR and G-Sync/FreeSync compatibility when selecting.
By taking the time to research and compare options, you can find the perfect monitor that meets your specific requirements and budget.