Hey there! Are you in the market for a new monitor? Well, let me tell you about the best 2k monitor out there. With its stunning resolution of 2560×1440, this monitor will provide you with crisp and clear visuals that will take your viewing experience to the next level.
Whether you’re a gamer, graphic designer, or just someone who enjoys watching movies, this monitor has got you covered.
And the best part? You won’t have to break the bank to get your hands on one. So, sit back, relax, and let me tell you all about this monitor’s amazing features.
At a Glance:
best 2k monitor
1. Dell S2721QS 27 Inch 2K QHDBest Pick
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (2K QHD)|
|Connectivity||HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2, Audio Line-Out, USB 3.0|
I recently got my hands on the Dell S2721QS 27 Inch 2K QHD monitor, and I must say, it’s an impressive piece of hardware. The first thing that caught my eye was the stunning view.
The three-sided ultrathin bezel design provides an immersive viewing experience, and the 2K QHD resolution ensures that everything on the screen is crisp and clear.
The colours are vibrant, and the fine details are visible. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy high-quality visuals, whether you’re a gamer or a graphic designer.
Another thing that I love about this monitor is its beautiful look. The modern, elegant design with a subtle textured pattern at the back of the monitor adds a touch of class to any space. It’s a harmonious blend of style and quality that will make any room look better.
The Dell S2721QS 27 Inch 2K QHD monitor is also great for leisure gaming. The AMD FreeSync technology provides a smooth, tear-free experience, making it perfect for gamers who want to enjoy their games without interruptions.
The 75Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time ensure no lag, and everything is responsive and snappy.
In terms of flexibility, this monitor is also great. The height-adjustable stand, tilt, swivel, and pivot features provide all-day comfort, whether working or gaming. You can adjust the monitor to the perfect height and angle, ensuring you’re always comfortable.
- Stunning view with 2K QHD resolution and ultrathin bezels
- Beautiful modern design with a subtle textured pattern
- Smooth, tear-free experience with AMD FreeSync technology
- Flexible and adjustable stand for all-day comfort
- No built-in speakers
- HDMI 1.4 port doesn’t support 2K resolution at 75Hz
2. ViewSonic VX3276-MHD 32 Inch 2K QHD
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (2K QHD)|
|Connectivity||HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2, VGA, Audio Line-Out, USB 3.0|
I recently purchased the ViewSonic VX3276-MHD 32 Inch 2K QHD monitor, and it’s been a great addition to my home office setup.
The first thing that caught my attention was the big screen size. The 32-inch display provides an immersive experience, and the 2K QHD resolution ensures that everything on the screen is razor-sharp and crystal clear. It’s perfect for anyone needing a large work or entertainment display.
Speaking of entertainment, the ViewSonic VX3276-MHD 32 Inch 2K QHD monitor is excellent for home entertainment.
The SuperClear IPS technology with 103% sRGB colour coverage delivers amazing colours and sharper images from any viewing angle.
The dual-integrated powerful speakers also provide an immersive audio experience, perfect for watching movies, playing games, or listening to music.
Another thing that I love about this monitor is its exceptional design. It uses an architecturally inspired design aesthetic fused with modern form factors such as an ultra-slim profile, a modern frameless bezel, and a unique triangle stand. It’s a beautiful and elegant monitor that looks great in any space.
- Large 32-inch display for an immersive experience
- Razor-sharp 2K QHD resolution for crystal clear visuals
- SuperClear IPS technology with 103% sRGB colour coverage for amazing colours and sharper images
- Dual integrated powerful speakers for an immersive audio experience
- Premium and elegant design
- No height adjustment on the stand
- No USB-C connectivity
3. ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27 Inch 2K QHDStaff Pick
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Refresh rate||165Hz (supports 144Hz)|
|Response time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Adaptive sync||G-SYNC compatibility|
As a gamer, I was looking for a monitor that would give me a competitive edge in my gameplay, and the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27 Inch 2K QHD monitor was the perfect fit for me.
The 1ms (MPRT) response time and 165Hz refresh rate make for an incredibly smooth and seamless gaming experience without ghosting or tearing.
One of the standout features of this monitor is the ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB Sync) technology, which eliminates ghosting and tearing and makes for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
The Adaptive-Sync technology works seamlessly with my NVIDIA graphics card for G-SYNC compatibility.
The ASUS Eye Care technology is also a huge plus, as it helps to minimize eye fatigue during long gaming sessions.
The ergonomic stand with full height, tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustments also ensures that I can comfortably adjust the monitor to my liking.
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ is also compatible with industry-standard HDR10 High Dynamic Range, which provides superior colour and brightness levels that exceed the capabilities of ordinary monitors.
However, one downside to this monitor is that the viewing angles are wider than others on the market. Additionally, the stand is a bit wobbly, which can be annoying.
- 1ms (MPRT) response time and 165Hz refresh rate for a smooth and seamless gaming experience
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB Sync) technology eliminates ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals
- ASUS Eye Care technology minimizes eye fatigue during long gaming sessions
- HDR10 compatibility for superior colour and brightness levels
- Flexible connectivity options with DisplayPort 1.2 and Dual HDMI (V2.0)
- Limited viewing angles
- The stand is a bit shaky
4. AOC CQ32G2S 32 Inch 2K QHD
|Screen size:||32 inches|
|Adaptive sync:||AMD FreeSync Premium|
The AOC CQ32G2S is a high-performance gaming monitor that offers an immersive gaming experience with its super-curved 1500R monitor. The 32-inch VA panel provides stunning visuals with a QHD 2K 2560×1440 resolution.
The lightning-fast 1ms Smart Response time (MPRT) and 165Hz super-high refresh rate help you to hit moving targets and get you ahead of the game by milliseconds.
This monitor is equipped with AMD FreeSync Premium, ensuring smooth gameplay with reduced tearing and stuttering.
The sleek 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders allows for a seamless multi-monitor setup, making it perfect for gamers who want an immersive gaming experience.
The AOC CQ32G2S also boasts a wide color gamut coverage of over 120% sRGB and an 80,000,000:1 SmartContrast ratio, resulting in vivid and lifelike images with deeper blacks and brighter colors.
The monitor’s Re-Spawned Warranty offers a 3-year zero-bright-dot, 3-year advance replacement, and 1-year (one-time) accidental damage warranty.
One downside to this monitor is that the VA panel can suffer from slower pixel response times and less accurate color reproduction than other panel types.
Additionally, the monitor does not have a built-in USB hub, which may be a downside for some users who need additional ports.
Overall, the AOC CQ32G2S is an excellent gaming monitor with its fast response time, high refresh rate, and AMD FreeSync Premium.
The monitor’s color gamut coverage and contrast ratio are also impressive, making it a great choice for gamers who prioritize visual quality.
- Immersive super-curved 1500R monitor
- Fast 1ms Smart Response time (MPRT) and 165Hz refresh rate
- AMD FreeSync Premium for smooth gameplay
- Wide color gamut coverage and high contrast ratio
- Re-Spawned Warranty for added peace of mind
- VA panels may have slower pixel response times and less accurate colour reproduction.
- No built-in USB hub.
5. Acer Nitro XV272U 27 Inch 2K QHDBudget Pick
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440|
|Response Time||1ms VRB|
The Acer Nitro XV272U is a 27-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) monitor with a zero-frame design, making it perfect for a multi-monitor setup.
It is an IPS panel with excellent color accuracy and viewing angles. This makes it a great option for photo editing and graphic design work.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its fast 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate. This combination makes it ideal for fast-paced gaming, where every millisecond counts.
The AMD Radeon FreeSync technology also ensures a smooth gaming experience without tearing or stuttering.
The monitor is bright, with a peak brightness of 400cd/m², which makes it perfect for use in bright environments.
It also covers 99% of the sRGB color gamut and 90% of the DCI-P3 color gamut, making it suitable for color-critical work. It also has low Delta E<2, which means the color accuracy is excellent.
The Acer Nitro XV272U has two built-in speakers, each with 2 watts of power. While they are not the most powerful speakers, they are good enough for basic tasks like watching videos and listening to music.
Regarding connectivity, the monitor has one DisplayPort, two HDMI 2.0 ports, and four USB 3.0 ports. The USB ports make connecting peripherals like a keyboard, mouse, or external hard drive easy.
- Fast 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate for a smooth gaming experience
- Excellent color accuracy and coverage of sRGB and DCI-P3 color gamuts
- Multiple connectivity options, including USB 3.0 ports
- Built-in speakers for basic audio needs
- Zero-frame design for seamless multi-monitor setup
- Speakers are not very powerful
- Outdated video drivers can cause screen flickering, which requires a restart to fix.
6. BenQ PD2700Q 27 Inch 2K QHD
The monitor has a seamless HDMI port that enables easy access to content. You can easily customise your workspace to fit your best working style with the ergonomic design’s tilt, pivot, swivel, and height adjustment options.
One of the most impressive features of the BenQ PD2700Q is its AQCOLOR technology which provides accurate colours on professional monitors.
With this feature, you can work with trustworthy colours and deliver work that meets the highest professional standards. The monitor also has built-in speakers, saving desk space and providing premium audio.
In terms of performance, the monitor has a 60Hz refresh rate and a 4ms response time, which is not the best for gaming but is more than adequate for professional work.
The monitor also has a 350 cd/m2 brightness, which is bright enough to provide excellent visibility in most lighting conditions.
- Factory calibrated for colour accuracy
- AQCOLOR technology for true-to-life colours
- Ergonomic design for a customized workspace
- Built-in speakers for premium audio
- Only 60Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time
- No adaptive sync technology
7. LG 27GL83A-B 27 Inch 2K QHDBest Pick
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (WQHD)|
|Panel Type||Nano IPS|
|Viewing angle||178 degrees|
The LG 27GL83A-B is a premium 27-inch 2K monitor that balances image quality, speed, and price. It uses a Nano IPS panel with excellent colour accuracy and wide viewing angles, making it perfect for content creators and gamers.
The WQHD resolution also offers a more immersive viewing experience, allowing you to see more details and information on the screen.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its fast 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, which make it great for gaming.
Fast-paced games with a lot of action, such as first-person shooters, benefit greatly from the monitor’s ability to keep up with the action without any noticeable blur or lag.
The monitor also supports FreeSync and G-Sync, enhancing the gaming experience by eliminating screen tearing and stuttering.
The LG 27GL83A-B also has a sleek, modern design that looks great on any desk. The monitor has a slim bezel and a stand allowing easy height and tilt adjustments. The stand also provides a convenient cable management system that helps to keep your desk tidy.
There are some minor drawbacks to this monitor, though. One of the main ones is that it lacks built-in speakers, so you must use external speakers or headphones.
Additionally, the monitor’s stand could be more wobbly, and it can be difficult to get it in the exact position you want.
- Excellent image quality and color accuracy thanks to the Nano IPS panel
- The fast 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time make it perfect for gaming
- Sleek and modern design that looks great on any desk
- Supports FreeSync and G-Sync, which eliminate screen tearing and stuttering
- A convenient cable management system helps keep your desk tidy
- Wide viewing angles ensure that you can see the screen from almost any position
- Lacks built-in speakers, requiring external speakers or headphones
- The stand can be unsafe and difficult to adjust
8. Samsung S27R750Q 27 Inch 2K QHDBest Pick
|Screen Size||27 Inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (2K QHD)|
|Connectivity||HDMI, Mini DisplayPort, USB Type-C|
The Samsung S27R750Q is a fantastic 2K QHD monitor designed to optimize your workspace. Its Space-Saving Design is one of its standout features.
When not in use, it can be pushed back to sit flat against the wall, leaving your entire work surface clear. Pull the monitor towards you when you need it and adjust it to your preferred viewing position.
With its WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution, this monitor delivers incredibly detailed and pin-sharp images that create a wider workspace that lets you see more of your documents and web pages without having to scroll or zoom in.
Its IPS panel also ensures that colours are accurate and consistent, even when viewed from different angles.
This monitor also has a 75Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time, which ensures sharp images and smooth motion, even during fast-paced action scenes. The Dual input with HDMI and Mini Displayport connections makes connecting multiple devices easy.
One of the downsides to this monitor is that it has a lower refresh rate compared to other monitors in its class. It may be better for gaming or other high-performance applications.
Additionally, the USB Type-C connectivity only supports up to 60Hz refresh rate, which may be a downside for some users.
- Space-saving design for optimized workspace
- WQHD resolution delivers incredibly detailed and pin-sharp images
- IPS panel ensures accurate and consistent colours from different angles
- Dual input with both HDMI and Mini DisplayPort connections
- Integrated clamp for quick and easy installation
- Lower refresh rate compared to other monitors in its class
- USB Type-C connectivity only supports up to 60Hz refresh rate.
Buying Guide: How to Choose
When it comes to finding the best 2K monitor, there are a few key factors to consider. 2K monitors, also known as QHD monitors, offer a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, which provides an excellent balance between image quality and performance.
This buying guide covers the essential features and specifications you must consider before purchasing.
- Display Size: The first thing to consider is the display size. 2K monitors are available in various sizes, ranging from 24 to 32 inches. A larger display size can provide a more immersive experience but also requires a larger desk space.
- Panel Type: There are three primary panel types to choose from: IPS, TN, and VA. IPS panels offer the best color accuracy and viewing angles but are typically more expensive. TN panels are known for their fast response times and are often used in gaming monitors. VA panels offer the highest contrast ratio but have slower response times than IPS and TN panels.
- Refresh Rate: The refresh rate is the number of times the monitor refreshes the image per second. A higher refresh rate, such as 144Hz, can provide a smoother and more fluid gaming experience. However, a higher refresh rate often comes at a higher cost.
- Adaptive-Sync Technology: Adaptive-Sync technology, such as NVIDIA G-Sync or AMD FreeSync, can help eliminate screen tearing and stuttering during gameplay. If you have an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card, a monitor that supports their respective adaptive-sync technology is worth considering.
- Connectivity: It’s essential to consider the connectivity options of a 2K monitor. Most monitors come with HDMI and DisplayPort connections, but it’s worth checking the specific inputs your computer supports.
- Price: Lastly, consider the price of the monitor. While 2K monitors balance image quality and performance, they can also be more expensive than standard 1080p monitors. Determine your budget and look for a monitor that meets your needs within that range.
Based on the above factors, the LG 27GL83A-B and BenQ PD2700Q are great options for the best 2K monitor. The LG 27GL83A-B offers a 144Hz refresh rate, NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility, and an IPS panel for excellent colour accuracy.
The BenQ PD2700Q comes with AQCOLOR technology and a factory-calibrated display for professional colour accuracy, making it an ideal choice for graphic designers and video editors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between 2k and 4k monitors?
2k monitors have a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, while 4k monitors have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. This means 4k monitors have four times the number of pixels as 2k monitors, resulting in higher image detail and sharper visuals.
What is the ideal refresh rate for a 2k monitor?
The ideal refresh rate for a 2k monitor is 144Hz, sufficient for most gaming and multimedia purposes. Higher refresh rates can offer even smoother visuals but may only be necessary for some users.
Do all 2k monitors have the same color accuracy?
Color accuracy can vary between 2k monitors based on the panel type, calibration, and color gamut coverage. Researching and comparing different models is important to find one that offers good color accuracy for your specific needs.
Can a 2k monitor be used for graphic design or photo editing?
Many 2k monitors offer good color accuracy and high resolution, making them suitable for graphic design and photo editing tasks. However, ensuring the monitor has a wide color gamut coverage and accurate color calibration for optimal results is important.
Can a 2k monitor be connected to a laptop or desktop computer?
Yes, most 2k monitors come with multiple input options such as HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C, allowing them to be easily connected to laptops and desktop computers. It is important to check the connectivity options of the monitor and the device you wish to connect it to ensure compatibility.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a high-quality monitor that offers incredible detail and a wider workspace than Full HD monitors, a 2k monitor is the way to go.
With features like WQHD resolution and a fast refresh rate, you can enjoy sharp images and smooth motion without lag or stuttering.
However, when shopping for the best 2k monitor, it’s important to consider your needs and preferences, such as the screen size, the type of input connections, and additional features like a space-saving design or built-in speakers.
By taking the time to research and compare different models, you can find the perfect 2k monitor to enhance your work and entertainment experience.