Are you on the hunt for the ultimate gaming experience? Look no further because we’ve got the perfect solution for you: the best 34-inch gaming monitor.
With a generous 34-inch display, this gaming monitor offers an immersive gaming experience that will transport you straight into the heart of the action.
Whether playing fast-paced first-person shooters, exploring vast open-world RPGs, or battling it out in MOBAs, this monitor’s got you covered.
So, let’s dive into what makes this gaming monitor so special and why it should be at the top of your list of must-haves.
At a Glance:
- Best 34-inch Gaming Monitor
- 1. LG 34GP83A-B Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
- 2. ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q Gaming Monitor
- 3. Alienware AW3420DW Curved Gaming Monitor
- 4. Samsung LC34J791WTNXZA Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor
- 5. AOC CU34G2X 34″ Curved Frameless Immersive Gaming Monitor
- Buying Guide: How to Choose 34-inch Gaming Monitors
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best 34-inch Gaming Monitor
1. LG 34GP83A-B Ultrawide Gaming MonitorBest Pick
|Resolution||3440 x 1440|
|Refresh Rate||160Hz (Overclocked)|
|HDR||VESA DisplayHDR 400|
|Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium|
LG 34GP83A-B Ultrawide Gaming Monitor is the epitome of a perfect gaming monitor. Its ultra-wide WQHD display immerses you in the game, giving you an experience like never before.
Its 34-inch curved display with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 and an aspect ratio of 21:9 delivers crisp and clear images, allowing you to see more on-screen.
The monitor has an overclocked 160Hz refresh rate with a 1-millisecond Motion Blur Reduction (MBR) that reduces ghosting and blur, providing a fast and fluid gaming experience.
This feature helps you respond to your opponents quickly, making it the best 34-inch gaming monitor in responsiveness.
Another noteworthy feature of the LG 34GP83A-B is its VESA DisplayHDR 400 high dynamic range compatibility and 99% sRGB.
The monitor brings virtual worlds to life, elevating textures, elements, character movements, and natural light and shadow with highly accurate colors.
This feature helps you appreciate the details in the game and enhances the overall gaming experience.
The LG 34GP83A-B is also equipped with NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium sync technology, which minimizes screen tearing and stuttering in high-resolution and fast-paced games. This feature provides a smooth and lag-free gaming experience.
Dynamic Action Sync is another highlight of this gaming monitor that helps reduce input lag to help you respond to on-screen action quickly.
The Black Stabilizer dynamically brightens dark scenes to help you find enemies in the dark, and the Crosshair feature helps enhance your accuracy in firefights.
The LG 34GP83A-B Ultrawide Gaming Monitor is a feature-packed monitor offering an immersive gaming experience.
Its high resolution, fast refresh rate, accurate colors, and sync technology make it the best 34-inch gaming monitor.
- Immersive ultra-wide WQHD display
- Overclocked 160Hz refresh rate with 1ms response time
- VESA DisplayHDR 400 high dynamic range compatibility and 99% sRGB
- NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium sync technology
- Dynamic Action Sync and Black Stabilizer features to enhance the overall gaming experience
- The Crosshair feature helps in the accuracy
- Expensive compared to other gaming monitors
- No built-in speakers.
2. ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q Gaming Monitor
|Resolution||3440 x 1440|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
|Warranty||ASUS Rapid Replacement 3 years warranty service with free cross shipping|
Now let’s dive into the features of this monitor. The ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q Gaming Monitor is an excellent choice for gamers who want a large, immersive display with outstanding resolution and color.
The 34-inch IPS panel with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 delivers crisp, clear images with vibrant colors. The NVIDIA G-SYNC technology ensures the refresh rate is perfectly synchronized with your graphics card, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing stuttering.
The curved ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio is another standout feature of this monitor, providing a highly immersive viewing experience by expanding the display to the peripherals of your vision.
The 100Hz refresh rate delivers smooth, fluid motion that’s perfect for fast-paced games, and the monitor also features ASUS Eye Care technology, which reduces blue light and eliminates flickering.
Combined with the monitor’s ergonomics, this makes for a comfortable gaming experience even during extended sessions.
One of the most intuitive control schemes for a monitor, the 5-Way OSD Joystick is a standout feature of this monitor.
It lets you quickly and easily access features such as ASUS Game Plus on the fly, enhancing your gaming experience with features like customizable crosshairs and an FPS counter.
- Excellent resolution and color accuracy
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering
- Curved ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio provides an immersive gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology reduces blue light and eliminates flickering
- 5-Way OSD Joystick provides intuitive control over monitor features
- ASUS Rapid Replacement 3-year warranty service with free cross shipping included
- Expensive compared to some other gaming monitors
- Some users have reported backlight bleed issues
3. Alienware AW3420DW Curved Gaming MonitorStaff Pick
|Display Size||34 inches|
|Response Time||2ms (gray-to-gray)|
Regarding gaming monitors, the Alienware AW3420DW Curved Gaming Monitor is worth considering. This monitor boasts a 1900R curved, wide 21:9 display that maximizes your field of view, immersing you in the game like never before.
The WQHD resolution of 3440×1440 ensures the images are sharp and detailed, delivering an immersive experience.
The G-sync technology of this monitor synchronizes the GPU and the monitor, displaying full frames only when the monitor can display them.
This minimizes graphic distortions such as tearing and artifacts from forming on the screen, providing smooth and seamless gameplay.
With a 120Hz refresh rate and a 2ms response time, you can enjoy buttery smooth gameplay and realism, ensuring you won’t miss any action.
One downside of this monitor is its narrow range of adjustability. It can only be tilted forwards and backward, so finding the perfect angle may be challenging.
However, it’s worth noting that the monitor has a sleek and sturdy design, and its AlienFX lighting adds a touch of style to your gaming setup.
- 1900R curved, wide 21:9 display maximizes field of view
- WQHD resolution ensures sharp and detailed images
- G-sync technology minimizes graphic distortions for smooth gameplay
- 120Hz refresh rate and 2ms response time provides buttery smooth gameplay and realism
- Sleek and sturdy design with AlienFX lighting
- Limited adjustability
4. Samsung LC34J791WTNXZA Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor
|Display Size||34 inches|
|Resolution||WQHD (3440 x 1440)|
The Samsung LC34J791WTNXZA is an excellent ultrawide curved gaming monitor with several features gamers will appreciate.
With a 34-inch display and a resolution of 3440 x 1440, this monitor offers a sharp and immersive viewing experience. The 21:9 aspect ratio and the 1900R curvature allow you to immerse yourself in the gaming world fully.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its Thunderbolt 3 connectivity. This makes it incredibly easy to connect your laptop and enjoy a multi-display setup without additional cables.
The Thunderbolt 3 port also allows you to charge your laptop with up to 85W of power, a convenient feature that saves you from using a separate charging cable.
Another impressive feature of this monitor is the intuitive screen split software, which allows you to split your screen into multiple windows for enhanced multitasking.
With Picture-by-Picture (PBP) and Picture-in-Picture (PIP) features, you can view content from two sources simultaneously.
The monitor uses QLED technology, which provides a wider range of colors and darker blacks, making for an incredibly vivid and lifelike gaming experience. The 3000:1 contrast ratio delivers stunningly accurate colors, even in dark scenes.
The only downside to this monitor is its relatively slow response time of 4ms, which can lead to some motion blur during fast-paced games.
However, this can be mitigated by enabling the FreeSync technology, which helps to reduce screen tearing and stuttering.
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for easy laptop charging and multi-display setup
- QLED technology provides vivid and lifelike colors
- Intuitive screen split software enhances multitasking
- Relatively slow response time of 4ms
- Expensive compared to some other ultrawide monitors on the market
5. AOC CU34G2X 34″ Curved Frameless Immersive Gaming MonitorBudget Pick
|Resolution||3440×1440 Ultra wide Quad HD (2K+)|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Adaptive Sync||AMD FreeSync|
Regarding the best 34-inch gaming monitors, the AOC CU34G2X stands out with its impressive specs and features. This monitor has a massive 34-inch VA panel with a 3440×1440 ultra-wide quad HD resolution, perfect for immersive gaming and entertainment.
One of the standout features of the AOC CU34G2X is its rapid 1ms response time (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync, which provides ultra-smooth competitive gameplay with minimal input lag and screen tearing.
The curve radius of 1500mm helps to create an immersive gaming experience, drawing you into the action and making you feel like you’re part of the game.
The 3-sided frameless design with 1500R curvature adds to the immersive experience, allowing a seamless transition from the screen to the edge.
The VA panel offers wide viewing angles and brilliant colors, displaying over 115% sRGB and 98% Adobe RGB color gamut area coverage.
The monitor also features flicker-free technology and low blue light mode to help reduce eye strain during long gaming sessions.
One downside to this monitor is that it does not have built-in speakers, so you’ll need to use external speakers or headphones for audio.
However, this is a minor issue that can be easily solved by investing in a good set of speakers or headphones.
Overall, the AOC CU34G2X is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-performance gaming monitor with an immersive curved design and impressive specs.
With its rapid response time, high refresh rate, and wide color gamut, this monitor will surely provide an incredible gaming experience.
- Immersive curved design
- Rapid 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate
- Wide color gamut and brilliant colors
- Flicker-free technology and low blue light mode
- No built-in speakers
Buying Guide: How to Choose 34-inch Gaming Monitors
Choosing the right monitor can be daunting, with many available options. This guide will help you understand the features and specifications to consider while buying a gaming monitor and recommend the best 34-inch one.
- Resolution: The monitor’s resolution determines the image’s clarity and sharpness. A higher-resolution monitor will have more pixels, creating a clearer and sharper image. The recommended resolution for a 34-inch gaming monitor is 3440 x 1440 pixels, providing an immersive gaming experience without compromising performance.
- Refresh Rate: A monitor’s refresh rate is the number of times the display is refreshed per second. A higher refresh rate means smoother gameplay and reduces motion. The ideal refresh rate for. For a 34-inch gammon, the rate is 120Hz or ab, over.
- Panel Technology: Three main panel technologies are used in gaming monitors – TN, IPS, and VA. TN panels offer the fastest response time but have poor color reproduction and viewing angles. IPS panels provide better color accuracy and wider viewing angles but have slower response times. VA panels offer the best contrast ratio and deeper blacks but can suffer from ghosting. The recommended panel technology for a 34-inch gaming monitor is VA, which balances fast response times and good color accuracy.
- Curvature: A curved monitor offers a more immersive gaming experience by providing a wider field of view. The monitor’s curvature is measured in millimeters, with a lower number indicating a higher curve. The ideal curvature for a 34-inch gaming monitor is between 1500R to 1900R.
- Sync Technology: G-Sync and FreeSync are the two main sync technologies used in gaming monitors. These technologies synchronize the monitor’s refresh rate with the GPU’s frame rate, reducing screen tearing and stuttering. For a 34-inch gaming monitor, the recommended sync technology is FreeSync.
- Connectivity: Ensure the monitor has the necessary ports and connectivity options to connect to your gaming system. A monitor with USB and HDMI ports is ideal.
Based on the above factors, we recommend the Alienware AW3420DW Curved Gaming Monitor as the best 34-inch gaming monitor.
It offers a 1900R curved, wide 21:9 display with a WQHD (3440×1440) resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC, and a VA panel for good color accuracy and fast response times. The monitor also has a sleek design and comes with various connectivity options.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between IPS and VA panels, and which is better for gaming?
IPS panels generally offer better color accuracy and wider viewing angles, while VA panels have higher contrast ratios and better black levels. Both can be suitable for gaming depending on your preferences, but if you value color accuracy and viewing angles more, go for IPS. If you prioritize contrast and black levels, go for VA.
What does a monitor’s refresh rate mean, and how important is it for gaming?
The refresh rate refers to how often the monitor can refresh its image per second. A higher refresh rate means smoother and more fluid gameplay, with fewer gaps between frames. For gaming, a refresh rate of at least 120Hz is recommended.
Do I need G-Sync or FreeSync for my gaming monitor, and what’s the difference between them?
G-Sync and FreeSync are technologies that synchronize the refresh rate of your monitor with your graphics card to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering. G-Sync is exclusive to Nvidia graphics cards, while FreeSync is available on AMD cards. Both can significantly improve your gaming experience, but if you have an Nvidia card, you’ll need a G-Sync monitor to use the technology.
What is HDR, and is it important for gaming?
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, a display’s ability to produce more vivid and lifelike colors and brightness levels. HDR can enhance your gaming experience by making games look more realistic and immersive, but it’s not a necessity for gaming.
What are the benefits of a curved monitor for gaming, and is it worth the extra cost?
A curved monitor can provide a more immersive and cinematic experience by wrapping the image around your field of view. It can also reduce eye strain and fatigue by reducing the head movement required to see the entire screen. Whether or not it’s worth the extra cost is subjective, but if you value immersion and comfort, a curved monitor can be a great investment.
In conclusion, choosing the best 34-inch gaming monitor can be daunting, but it ultimately comes down to your needs and preferences.
Whether you prioritize a high refresh rate, a curved display, or advanced features like G-Sync or Thunderbolt 3, a monitor will suit your needs.
Consider factors like resolution, color accuracy, and viewing angles when deciding. By taking the time to research and weigh each option’s pros and cons, you can find a monitor that will elevate your gaming experience and provide you with years of immersive, high-quality gameplay.