Hey gamers, are you ready to take your Rocket League experience to the next level? Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting, having the right monitor can make all the difference in your gameplay.
With so many options, deciding the best fit for you can take time. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered! In this article, we’ll explore the top monitors for Rocket League and give you the inside scoop on what to look for when choosing the perfect display for your gaming setup.
So buckle up and get ready to score some epic goals with the best monitor for Rocket League!
At a Glance:
best monitor for rocket league
1. ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZBest Pick
|Refresh rate||165 Hertz|
|Sync technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
|Response time||4ms (grey to grey)|
As someone passionate about gaming, I know how important it is to have a monitor that can keep up with the fast-paced action of Rocket League.
The ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ is one such monitor that ticks all the boxes for the best monitor for Rocket League.
This monitor has a 27-inch WQHD (1440P) resolution, perfect for high-refresh gaming. With a refresh rate of 165 Hertz, you can enjoy smooth and responsive gaming without any stutter or screen tearing.
NVIDIA G-SYNC technology ensures the display adapts to the graphics card’s output, eliminating tearing or stuttering.
The monitor features an IPS panel that delivers vivid, lifelike colours, making it ideal for gaming, watching movies, and designing.
The wide viewing angles mean you can view the display from almost any angle without experiencing colour shifts.
Additionally, the thin bezel design provides an immersive experience, making you feel like you’re a part of the game.
The ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ is built for marathon gaming sessions, thanks to its ASUS Eye Care technology, which minimises eye fatigue.
The monitor also has an ergonomic stand that offers full height, tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk. With this, you can easily find a comfortable viewing angle for long gaming sessions.
Regarding enhancing the gaming experience, the monitor offers exclusive GameVisual and GamePlus functions that allow you to control and adjust colour performance for different gaming scenarios. This way, you can tweak the display settings to suit your preference or even specific gaming needs.
- A high refresh rate of 165 Hertz
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology eliminates stutter and screen tearing
- Vivid and lifelike colours thanks to the IPS panel
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments
- ASUS Eye Care technology to minimise eye fatigue
- Exclusive GameVisual and GamePlus functions for enhancing colour performance
- Only offers a WQHD (1440P) resolution, not a 4K one
- Slightly slower response time compared to other gaming monitors
2. BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P
|Refresh Rate||144 Hz|
|Dimensions||559 (H) / 429 (L) x 570 x 219 mm|
|Connectivity||DisplayPort, Dual-Link DVI-D, HDMI, Headphone/Microphone Jack Input|
|Technology||Colour Vibrance, Black eQualizer|
As a gamer, having a monitor that can keep up with the fast-paced action of Rocket League is crucial, and the BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P delivers.
With a lightning-fast refresh rate of 144 Hz and a response time of just 1 ms, this monitor provides an incredibly smooth and seamless gaming experience.
One of the standout features of the XL2411P is the exclusive Color Vibrance technology, which allows for customised colour settings and enhances visual clarity. This is especially important for games like Rocket League, where every detail matters.
Additionally, the Black eQualizer technology improves visibility in dark scenes, giving players an advantage on the battlefield.
The XL2411P also offers multiple connectivity options: DisplayPort, Dual-Link DVI-D, HDMI, and a headphone/microphone jack input. This makes it easy to connect your gaming devices and accessories without any hassle.
While the XL2411P is a great option for gamers, it does have a few downsides to keep in mind. Firstly, it is incompatible with PS5/Xbox Series X/5 at 120 Hz, so consider a different monitor if you plan to use it with those consoles.
Additionally, it needs a USB hub, which could be a downside if you frequently use USB accessories with your computer.
- Lightning-fast 144 Hz refresh rate
- 1ms response time eliminates ghosting and lag
- Colour Vibrance and Black eQualizer technology enhance visual clarity
- Multiple connectivity options
- Not compatible with PS5/Xbox Series X/5 at 120 Hz
- No USB hub
3. Alienware AW3418DWStaff Pick
|Resolution||3440 x 1440 pixels|
|Refresh Rate||120Hz (native), overclockable to 144Hz|
The Alienware AW3418DW is an exceptional gaming monitor with a stunning visual performance. Its widescreen display provides an immersive gaming experience with a high resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels, perfect for playing Rocket League.
The 120Hz refresh rate is buttery smooth and can be overclocked to 144Hz, providing even smoother gameplay. The IPS panel produces accurate, consistent colours with great viewing angles and is TUV certified for eye comfort.
One of the standout features of the AW3418DW is the AlienFX Lighting. The monitor has four lighting zones, which can be customised to suit your style and provide ambient lighting for the surrounding environment.
The monitor is also designed with an adjustable stand, which allows you to tilt, swivel, and adjust the monitor’s height to find the perfect viewing angle.
The AW3418DW supports NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, eliminating screen tearing and minimises input lag, giving you a seamless gaming experience.
The monitor is also compatible with AMD FreeSync, making it a versatile choice for gamers. The flicker-free screen with ComfortView technology is TUV certified and reduces eye strain and fatigue, even during long gaming sessions.
- Exceptional visual performance with accurate colours and great viewing angles
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology eliminates screen tearing and input lag
- AlienFX Lighting adds a unique and stylish touch
- The adjustable stand provides flexibility in finding the perfect viewing angle.
- Dell Premium Panel Exchange provides peace of mind with a replacement panel during the warranty period.
- Expensive compared to other gaming monitors in the market
- No built-in speakers, which can be inconvenient for some users
- Limited connectivity options, with only one DisplayPort and HDMI port each
4. AOC C24G1
|Screen size||24 inches|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080 Full HD|
|Response time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Sync technology||AMD FreeSync|
The AOC C24G1 is a great gaming monitor for those who want an immersive experience without breaking the bank.
The 1500R curved VA panel wraps around your vision, making you feel like you’re part of the game. The 144Hz refresh rate and rapid 1ms response time (MPRT) ensure that every frame is smooth and without lag, giving you the competitive edge in fast-paced games like Rocket League.
The AMD FreeSync technology also helps eliminate screen tearing and stuttering for a seamless experience.
The 3-sided frameless design and ultra-narrow borders allow for the ultimate multi-monitor setup, giving you more real estate to work with.
The height-adjustable stand is a nice touch, allowing you to adjust the monitor to your preferred viewing angle for optimal ergonomics.
AOC has also considered the well-being of gamers who spend long hours in front of their monitors. The C24G1 features AOC’s low blue mode and flicker-free technology to help reduce eye strain and fatigue during extended gaming sessions.
Overall, the AOC C24G1 is a solid choice for gamers who want a great gaming experience at an affordable price. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
- Immersive 1500R curved VA panel
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response time and 144Hz refresh rate
- AMD FreeSync technology for a seamless experience
- 3-sided frameless design for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
- Height-adjustable stand for optimum ergonomics
- AOC low blue mode and flicker-free technology for well-being during extended gaming sessions
- Resolution is limited to 1920 x 1080 Full HD
- No USB ports
- No built-in speakers
5. LG 27UK650-WBudget Pick
|Resolution||4K UHD (3840 x 2160)|
|Display Size||27 inch|
|Colour Gamut||sRGB 99%|
The LG 27UK650-W is popular for gamers who want a high-quality, high-resolution monitor that can handle fast-paced games like Rocket League.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its 4K UHD resolution, which provides incredibly sharp and detailed images.
The IPS display panel ensures accurate and consistent colours and wide viewing angles, making it ideal for gaming and professional use.
The LG 27UK650-W also has HDR10 compatibility, which means it can display a wider range of colours and brightness levels, resulting in a more immersive and realistic visual experience.
This feature is particularly useful for gaming, as it can enhance the depth and clarity of in-game graphics.
Another great feature of the LG 27UK650-W is its AMD FreeSync technology, which helps to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering.
This feature works by synchronising the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card, resulting in smoother gameplay and more fluid motion.
One downside of this monitor is its 60Hz refresh rate, which may be slower than some gamers would like for competitive play.
However, the benefits of the 4K UHD resolution and HDR10 compatibility more than makeup for this limitation.
Regarding connectivity, the LG 27UK650-W has HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C ports, giving users various options for connecting to their devices.
The monitor also has a sleek, modern design with thin bezels, making it an attractive addition to any setup.
- 4K UHD resolution provides incredibly sharp and detailed images
- IPS display panel ensures accurate and consistent colours and wide viewing angles
- HDR10 compatibility enhances the depth and clarity of in-game graphics
- AMD FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering
- Multiple connectivity options, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C
- Sleek and modern design with thin bezels
- 60Hz refresh rate may not be as fast as some gamers would like for the competitive play
6. MSI Optix MAG271CQR
|Display Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (WQHD)|
The MSI Optix MAG271CQR is a great choice for gamers seeking an immersive experience. The 1800R curved display provides a more immersive gaming experience by wrapping around your field of vision.
The WQHD resolution delivers sharp and clear visuals, making game titles look even better with more details displayed on the screen. With the 144Hz refresh rate, you can enjoy smooth gaming without lag or stuttering.
The 1ms response time of the monitor helps to eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates. This feature is especially important for fast-paced games like Rocket League, where every millisecond counts.
The VA panel type provides good contrast and deep blacks, which helps to enhance the visual quality of the games.
Additionally, the Mystic Light feature allows you to customise the monitor’s lighting, adding extra personalisation to your gaming setup.
One of the downsides of this monitor is that it doesn’t have the best viewing angles compared to an IPS panel.
However, this is usually fine when sitting directly in front of the monitor. Another drawback is that it doesn’t have HDR support, which may be important for some gamers.
- Immersive curved display
- WQHD resolution delivers sharp and clear visuals
- 144Hz refresh rate for the smooth gaming experience
- 1ms response time helps to eliminate screen tearing
- Mystic Light adds an extra level of personalisation to your gaming setup
- Good contrast and deep blacks
- Limited viewing angles compared to an IPS panel
- No HDR support
Buying Guide: How to Choose
I understand the importance of choosing the best monitor for the Rocket League. A good monitor can improve your gameplay experience by providing a clear, high-quality image, smooth motion, and low input lag. In this buying guide,
I will help you understand the essential features to look for when selecting the best monitor for Rocket League.
- The first thing you must consider when buying a monitor is its resolution. A higher resolution will give you a more detailed and clearer image. The recommended resolution for Rocket League is Full HD (1920×1080) or WQHD (2560×1440). These resolutions will help you spot your opponents easily.
- Refresh rate is the number of times a monitor refreshes the image per second. For fast-paced games like Rocket League, a higher refresh rate is essential to avoid motion blur and provide smooth gameplay. A monitor with a refresh rate of at least 144Hz is recommended.
- Response time is when a monitor changes from one colour to another. The lower the response time, the faster the monitor can display the action. A response time of 1 ms is recommended for Rocket League to prevent any motion blur or ghosting.
- The panel type of a monitor can affect its image quality and response time. There are three primary types of panels: TN, IPS, and VA. TN panels have the fastest response time, but the image quality could be better than IPS and VA panels. IPS panels have better colour accuracy and wider viewing angles but have a slower response time. VA panels have the best contrast ratio but can have slower response times. A monitor with a TN or IPS panel is recommended for Rocket League.
- The size of the monitor can also affect your gameplay experience. A larger screen will provide a more immersive experience but can make it harder to see everything simultaneously on the screen. A monitor between 24 to 27 inches is recommended for Rocket League.
- Additional features to consider when buying a monitor include G-Sync or FreeSync, HDR, and adjustable stands. G-Sync and FreeSync technology synchronises your monitor’s refresh rate with your graphics card, reducing screen tearing and providing a smoother experience. HDR can enhance the image quality and provide a more vivid and lifelike image. An adjustable stand can help you adjust the monitor’s height and tilt for optimal viewing angles.
Based on the above features and factors, I recommend the Alienware AW3418DW or the AOC C24G1 as the best monitors for Rocket League.
Both monitors offer high resolution, fast refresh rate, low response time, and additional features like G-Sync, FreeSync, and adjustable stands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the optimal screen size for playing Rocket League?
A: The recommended screen size for Rocket League is between 24 to 27 inches. This range provides a good balance between immersion and comfort for prolonged gameplay sessions.
Q: What is the difference between a TN and IPS panel?
A: TN panels are known for their fast response times and high refresh rates, which are great for competitive gaming. On the other hand, IPS panels offer better colour accuracy and wider viewing angles for a more immersive experience.
Q: What is the significance of refresh rates and response times?
A: Refresh rate determines how many times a monitor can refresh the image on the screen in one second, while response time refers to how quickly a pixel can change from one colour to another. Higher refresh rates and lower response times result in smoother and more responsive gameplay.
Q: Does the type of monitor cable affect the quality of gameplay?
A: Yes, the type of monitor cable used can affect the quality of gameplay. DisplayPort and HDMI are the two most commonly used cables for gaming monitors, with DisplayPort offering higher bandwidth and refresh rates.
Q: Is HDR compatibility important for playing Rocket League?
A: HDR compatibility can enhance the overall visual experience of playing Rocket League with more vibrant and realistic colours. However, it is optional and may only be a priority for some.
In conclusion, choosing the best monitor for Rocket League is challenging, as it requires careful consideration of various factors such as response time, refresh rate, resolution, and panel type.
However, by understanding your preferences and gaming needs, you can make an informed decision and find a monitor that enhances your gaming experience.
With the advancements in technology, various options are available in the market, and finding the perfect monitor that fits your requirements is now easier than ever.
So, take your time, research, and invest in a high-quality monitor that will provide an immersive and enjoyable Rocket League gaming experience.