Hey there, Guardians! Are you seeking the best monitor to enhance your Destiny 2 gaming experience? Look no further, as we’ve got you covered. A good monitor can make all the difference in the world of Destiny 2, from improving your aim to increasing your immersion in the game.
At a Glance:
best monitor for destiny 2
1. ASUS VG279QBest Pick
|Resolution||1920 x 1080 Full HD|
|Response Time||1ms MPRT|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||FreeSync/Adaptive-Sync|
As a hardcore gamer, I was looking for a monitor that could provide me with a fully responsive gaming experience, and that’s when I came across the ASUS VG279Q.
This 27-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS monitor is specifically designed for gaming and is perfect for the Destiny 2 gameplay.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its lightning-fast 1ms MPRT response time, which ensures that you never miss a shot or experience any ghosting while playing.
Furthermore, the 144Hz refresh rate with FreeSync/AdaptiveSync technology ensures a smooth and tear-free gaming experience, especially when using an AMD Radeon GPU.
Another thing I appreciate about this monitor is ASUS’ Eye Care technology. This feature ensures that my eyes don’t strain too much during long gaming sessions, reducing eye fatigue and enabling me to play comfortably for extended periods.
The monitor also comes with an ergonomic stand that can be adjusted to any height, tilt, swivel, or pivot, making it comfortable to use at any desk.
One of the exclusive features is the GameVisual and GamePlus functions, which allow you to customise the colour performance and control while playing your favourite games, including Destiny 2.
Shadow Boost is another interesting feature that enhances image details in dark areas, brightening scenes without over-exposing the brighter areas. It’s perfect for games like Destiny 2, where dark areas and shadowy spaces are common.
- Fast response time
- Smooth and tear-free gaming experience
- Ergonomic and adjustable stand
- Eye Care technology reduces eye fatigue
- Exclusive GameVisual and GamePlus functions
- Shadow Boost enhances image details in dark areas
- Limited resolution options
- Limited connectivity options
2. Alienware 34-inch Curved Gaming Monitor (AW3420DW)
|Viewing Angle||178º (H) / 178º (V)|
As a gamer, I was impressed with the Alienware 34-inch Curved Gaming Monitor (AW3420DW). The 1900R curvature provides an immersive experience, making it an ideal monitor for playing Destiny 2 or any other game that requires a wide field of view.
The WQHD resolution of 3440×1440 pixels delivers sharp and detailed images, making every detail stand out.
The 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology provides a buttery smooth gaming experience. The synchronisation between the monitor and the GPU ensures that the monitor displays only full frames, minimising graphic distortions such as tearing and artefacts. This is a crucial feature as a gamer because it eliminates any distractions that may impact my gameplay.
The monitor also has an antiglare screen coating with 3H hardness, which is a nice touch. It minimises reflections and ensures that the screen stays protected from any accidental scratches.
One of the drawbacks of the monitor is its price, which may only be affordable for some. Additionally, some users may find the monitor’s size and curvature too extreme for their liking.
- Immersive and consistent viewing experience with a 1900R curvature
- Sharp and detailed images with a WQHD resolution of 3440×1440 pixels
- Butter smooth gameplay and realism with a 120Hz refresh rate and NVIDIA G-SYNC technology
- Antiglare screen coating with 3H hardness minimises reflections and accidental scratches
- High price point
- The size and curvature may only be suitable for some.
3. BenQ EL2870UStaff Pick
|Screen Size||28 inches|
|Resolution||3840×2160 (4K UHD)|
|Response Time||1ms MPRT|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||AMD FreeSync Premium|
The BenQ EL2870U is a 28-inch gaming monitor with a 4K UHD display resolution and a TN panel. This monitor has Freesync Premium and colour optimiser settings that provide an excellent gaming experience.
The monitor has a 1ms MPRT response time, ensuring fast-moving images remain clear and free from ghosting.
One of the most remarkable features of this monitor is its HDR colour technology, which enhances the brightness and contrast to bring out realistic details during gameplay.
Additionally, the monitor comes with Eye-Care technology that reduces eye fatigue, allowing you to work or play games for extended periods without straining your eyes.
The brightness intelligence technology optimises the display performance for work and plays to protect your vision while providing a stunning image.
The BenQ EL2870U is not a high-refresh-rate monitor, but it has a 60Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync Premium technology, which results in a fluid, tear-free gaming experience. Moreover, this monitor has built-in speakers, freeing up desk space while delivering premium audio.
Overall, the BenQ EL2870U is a great gaming monitor for those who want to upgrade their gaming experience without breaking the bank.
Its 4K UHD resolution and HDR colour technology provide stunning visuals, while its Eye-Care technology protects your eyes from prolonged use.
However, the TN panel may not provide the best viewing angles, and the 60Hz refresh rate may not be sufficient for competitive gamers.
- Affordable 4K gaming monitor
- HDR colour technology
- Eye-Care technology to reduce eye fatigue
- Built-in speakers
- TN panel may not provide the best viewing angles
- 60Hz refresh rate may not be sufficient for competitive gamers.
4. Samsung CHG90 Series
|Viewing angle||178° (H) / 178° (V)|
Samsung CHG90 Series is a 49-inch super ultra-wide gaming monitor that offers an immersive gaming experience. Its 32:9 aspect ratio and 178-degree viewing angle make it ideal for gamers who want to feel right in the middle of the action.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its QLED technology, which delivers stunningly bright and lifelike colours.
This is particularly important when playing games like Destiny 2, which has beautiful graphics meant to be enjoyed in full detail.
In addition, the CHG90 Series features HDR technology that enhances the contrast and brightness of the image, making the colours pop even more. This helps to create a more realistic and immersive gaming experience that will keep you engaged for hours.
The fast 144Hz refresh rate of the CHG90 Series also ensures that the gameplay is smooth and seamless, with no lag or stuttering. This is crucial for fast-paced games like Destiny 2, where split-second reactions can mean victory or defeat.
The monitor also comes with multiple game modes designed specifically for gamers, making it easy to switch between settings depending on what you are playing.
The stand is included and is adjustable, allowing you to swivel it by 2.0° (plus/minus 2.0°) to plus 15.0° (plus/minus 2.0°).
- Super ultra-wide screen and 32:9 aspect ratio provide an immersive gaming experience.
- QLED technology delivers stunningly bright and lifelike colours
- HDR technology enhances contrast and brightness
- A fast 144Hz refresh rate ensures smooth gameplay
- Multiple game modes designed specifically for gamers
- Adjustable stand for comfortable viewing
- Expensive compared to other gaming monitors
- Large sizes may not be suitable for all desk setups
5. Acer Predator X27Budget Pick
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160 (UHD)|
|Refresh rate||120Hz (overclockable to 144Hz)|
|Response time||4ms (GTG) at 4K resolution|
|Color technology||10bit with Quantum Dot Technology|
|Colour technology||99% Adobe RGB, DCI-P3|
The Acer Predator X27 is a premium gaming monitor with impressive specs, making it a great choice for gamers who want the best possible experience. Let’s dive into some of its features and discuss their positives and negatives.
The monitor’s resolution is 3840 x 2160, or UHD or 4K. This means the image quality is extremely sharp and detailed, perfect for playing games with intricate graphics, such as Destiny 2.
The 27-inch display size is also perfect for gaming, as it’s large enough to provide an immersive experience without taking up too much desk space.
The Predator X27 also boasts NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate technology, which synchronises the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card output, resulting in smooth, tear-free gameplay.
The monitor has a 120Hz refresh rate, which can be overclocked to 144Hz, making it one of the fastest monitors on the market.
This fast refresh rate is especially important for gamers who play fast-paced games like Destiny 2, as it allows for quick reactions to in-game events.
The Predator X27 also has a quick response time of 4ms (GTG) at 4K resolution, meaning minimal lag or ghosting when playing games.
Additionally, the monitor supports 10-bit colour with Quantum Dot Technology and has a 99% Adobe RGB colour gamut, which makes the colours look vivid and lifelike. The monitor also supports the DCI-P3 colour space used in professional digital cinema.
One of the drawbacks of the Predator X27 is that it is quite expensive, which may be a deal-breaker for some users.
Additionally, the monitor’s brightness is lower than some other monitors on the market, which may make it difficult to use in brightly lit rooms.
Overall, the Acer Predator X27 is a fantastic gaming monitor with impressive specs, making it a great choice for gamers who want the best possible experience. Here are some pros and cons:
- UHD resolution provides sharp and detailed image quality
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate technology provides smooth, tear-free gameplay
- 120Hz refresh rate (overclockable to 144Hz) allows for quick reactions to in-game events
- 10bit colour with Quantum Dot Technology and 99% Adobe RGB colour gamut make colours look vivid and lifelike
- A quick response time of 4ms (GTG) at 4K resolution minimises lag and ghosting
- Expensive price tag
- Not as bright as some other monitors on the market
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Destiny 2 requires a high-quality monitor to immerse yourself in the game’s graphics and gameplay. I’m here to guide you through the process and help you select the best monitor for Destiny 2. Here’s what you need to consider:
- Resolution: The resolution is one of the most important factors when choosing a monitor for Destiny 2. A higher resolution means more pixels, which results in sharper and clearer images. We recommend a monitor with a minimum resolution of 2560 x 1440 (WQHD), but if you want the best graphics, go for a 4K monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 2160.
- Refresh Rate: The refresh rate is another critical factor to consider when buying a monitor for gaming. A higher refresh rate means a smoother and more responsive gaming experience. For Destiny 2, we recommend a monitor with a minimum refresh rate of 120Hz, which ensures a buttery smooth gameplay experience.
- Panel Type: The panel type determines a monitor’s colour accuracy, viewing angles, and response time. For the best gaming experience, we recommend monitors with IPS or VA panels. These panels have excellent colour accuracy, wide viewing angles, and fast response times, which makes them perfect for gaming.
- G-Sync or FreeSync: G-Sync and FreeSync are adaptive sync technologies that synchronise the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card’s frame rate. This results in a smoother and tear-free gaming experience. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, go for a G-Sync monitor; if you have an AMD graphics card, go for a FreeSync monitor.
- Size: The monitor size is a personal preference and depends on your gaming setup. For the best immersive experience, we recommend monitors with a minimum size of 27 inches. However, a 24-inch monitor would be better with a small gaming desk.
Based on these factors, we recommend the Alienware 34-inch Curved Gaming Monitor (AW3420DW) and the Samsung CHG90 Series as the best monitors for Destiny 2.
These monitors have high resolutions, fast refresh rates, and excellent panel types, making them perfect for immersive gaming experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the ideal resolution for playing Destiny 2?
A: Destiny 2 looks best on monitors with a resolution of 2560×1440 or higher, such as 4K or ultrawide monitors.
Q: Is G-Sync or FreeSync technology better for playing Destiny 2?
A: G-Sync and FreeSync can provide a smoother, more responsive gaming experience by reducing screen tearing and stuttering. However, if you have an Nvidia graphics card, G-Sync will work best with it, while AMD graphics card owners should opt for FreeSync.
Q: What is the ideal refresh rate for playing Destiny 2?
A: A higher refresh rate, such as 120Hz or 144Hz, can provide a smoother and more fluid gaming experience, especially in fast-paced games like Destiny 2.
Q: What is the ideal panel type for playing Destiny 2?
A: For fast-paced games like Destiny 2, a monitor with a TN or IPS panel is recommended. TN panels offer faster response times and higher refresh rates, while IPS panels provide better colour accuracy and wider viewing angles.
Q: Does HDR matter for playing Destiny 2?
A: HDR (High Dynamic Range) can enhance the brightness and contrast of the game, providing more realistic and immersive visuals. However, it’s not necessary for playing Destiny 2, but it can be a nice addition if you have a monitor that supports it.
In conclusion, finding the best monitor for Destiny 2 can be daunting, especially for gamers who demand high-quality visuals and smooth gameplay.
With the vast array of options available in the market, choosing the right one that suits your specific needs and budget can be overwhelming.
However, making an informed decision and finding the monitor to enhance your gaming experience is possible with the right information. When deciding, consider factors such as resolution, refresh rate, response time, and colour accuracy.
With the right monitor, you can enjoy the full potential of Destiny 2 and take your gaming experience to the next level.