Hey there, are you in the market for a new monitor but don’t want to break the bank? Well, you’re in luck because today, we will be talking about the best ultrawide monitor under $300. That’s right; you don’t have to sacrifice your wallet for a great viewing experience.
An ultrawide monitor can give you a wider field of view, allowing you to see more of your work or game, and with a budget-friendly price tag, you can enjoy all the benefits without breaking the bank.
So, let’s dive into the top picks for the best ultrawide monitor under $300 and find the perfect one for you.
At a Glance:
- 6 Best Ultrawide Monitor under $300
- 1. LG 25UM58-P 25-Inch Ultrawide Monitor
- 2. AOC C24G1 24-Inch Curved Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
- 3. Sceptre 30-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor
- 4. VIOTEK GN24CW 24-Inch Curved Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
- 5. Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch Ultrawide Monitor
- 6. HP VH240a 23.8-Inch Ultrawide Monitor
- Buying Guide: How to Choose
- Frequently Asked Questions
6 Best Ultrawide Monitor under $300
1. LG 25UM58-P 25-Inch Ultrawide MonitorBest Pick
|Display Size||25 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1080 pixels|
|Viewing Angle||178/178 degrees|
|Wall Mount Size||75 x 75 mm (VESA compatible)|
|Color Gamut||sRGB over 99%|
The first thing I noticed about this monitor is the stunning 21:9 UltraWide FHD (2560*1080) display, which offers excellent visual comfort and ensures the best viewing pleasure.
I watched a few movies on it and was impressed with its crisp and vivid display. There was no color shift or distortion of colors at all, even when viewed from different angles.
The viewing angle of 178/178 degrees (CR≥10) is also worth mentioning. It means the image quality remains consistent even when viewed from extreme angles, which is great if you watch movies with friends.
The LG 25UM58-P also comes with Game Mode, consisting of FPS, RTS, and Custom modes, providing a customized gaming experience that varies with genres. I tried playing a few games on it, and it improved my overall gaming experience.
The Black Stabilizer is especially useful to detect objects, including enemies hiding in dark areas, and Dynamic Action Sync allows you to attack enemies faster with less lag time.
The IPS display ensures realistic color expression, thanks to sRGB of over 99 percent. The monitor is also equipped with Reader Mode, which reduces blue light to protect your eyes and provides optimal conditions for reading. With just a touch of a button, you can comfortably read on the monitor for longer periods.
In terms of design, the LG 25UM58-P has a sleek and minimalist look. The monitor is also VESA compatible, making it easy to mount on the wall.
However, it’s worth noting that the wall mount size is 75 x 75 mm, which is smaller than some other monitors.
Overall, the LG 25UM58-P 25-Inch Ultrawide Monitor is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly ultrawide monitor. Here are some pros and cons to help you decide:
- Stunning 21:9 UltraWide FHD display
- Excellent viewing angle and color expression
- Game Mode and Black Stabilizer improve the gaming experience
- Reader Mode reduces blue light to protect the eyes
- Sleek and minimalist design
- VESA compatible with wall mounting
- The wall mount size is smaller than some other monitors
- No built-in
2. AOC C24G1 24-Inch Curved Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
|Display Size||24 inches (23.6 inches viewable)|
|Resolution||Full HD 1920 x 1080|
|Panel Type||VA Panel|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
Now, let me give you a detailed review of this gaming monitor. I’ll start by saying that the AOC C24G1 is a great option for those looking for the best ultrawide monitor under 300 dollars.
It offers many features and specifications that make it a great choice for gaming, especially for those who play fast-paced games and want an immersive experience.
The 24-inch display with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 delivers crisp and clear visuals, making it perfect for gaming and watching movies.
The VA panel also provides a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees, both horizontally and vertically, ensuring you can see the content from any angle.
The 1500R curvature of the monitor is a great addition, which helps to wrap the display around your vision, making it more immersive and comfortable for your eyes.
The ultra-narrow borders and 3-sided frameless design are perfect for multi-monitor setups, giving you a seamless experience.
The AOC C24G1 also features a rapid 1ms response time and a 144Hz refresh rate, ensuring smooth gameplay with no lag or stuttering.
The monitor also comes with AMD FreeSync technology, which helps to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering by synchronizing the monitor’s refresh rate with your graphics card.
The monitor has a height-adjustable stand that allows you to adjust the screen’s height and angle for optimum ergonomics, reducing neck and eye strain during long gaming sessions.
It also comes with a low blue mode and flicker-free technology, which reduces eye strain and fatigue, making it ideal for extended gaming sessions.
- Excellent value for money
- Immersive curved display
- Rapid 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate for smooth gaming
- AMD FreeSync technology to eliminate screen tearing
- Height adjustable stand for optimal ergonomics
- Low blue mode and flicker-free technology for reduced eye strain
- 1080p resolution may not be suitable for professional work or content creation
3. Sceptre 30-Inch Curved Gaming MonitorStaff Pick
|Resolution||2560 x 1080 Full HD|
|Response Time||5ms GTG|
|Viewing Angle||170° (H) / 170° (V)|
|Dimensions (without Stand)||27.82 x 12.64 x 3.69 inches|
I recently purchased the Sceptre 30-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor, and it has been an excellent addition to my gaming setup. The monitor boasts a 2560 x 1080 Full HD resolution, providing crisp and clear visuals for all my games.
The 21:9 aspect ratio gives me an immersive gaming experience as the screen wraps around me and draws me into the game.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its fast response time of 5ms GTG. This means that the monitor is incredibly responsive, and there is virtually no lag between the action in the game and what is displayed on the screen.
Additionally, the monitor has a DP with up to 200Hz refresh rate and an HDMI 2.0 with up to 120Hz refresh rate, which gives me a competitive edge in fast-paced games. My gameplay has improved since switching to this monitor, as I can react faster to in-game events.
Another feature that I appreciate is the AMD Free Sync technology, which eliminates tearing and stuttering in the visuals. This has greatly improved the overall smoothness of my gaming experience.
The FPS-RTS display settings are also great, providing presets specifically tailored for first-person shooter and real-time strategy games.
The blue light shift feature has also been a game-changer for me. As someone who spends much time in front of the computer, I appreciate the reduced blue light emissions, as it reduces eye fatigue and strain.
The monitor also has a gaming LED light, which adds a nice touch to my setup. The VESA wall mount pattern is also convenient, as it saves me desk space and allows me to adjust the monitor to the perfect viewing position.
Regarding drawbacks, there may be better options than 2560 x 1080 for some users who require a higher resolution for their work or gaming. Additionally, more than the brightness of 250(typ) may be required for use in very bright rooms.
Overall, I highly recommend the Sceptre 30-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor to anyone looking for an affordable ultrawide monitor that delivers excellent gaming performance.
- Excellent response time and refresh rate
- AMD Free Sync technology eliminates tearing and stuttering
- FPS-RTS display settings
- Blue light shift feature reduces eye strain
- Gaming LED light adds a nice touch
- VESA wall mount pattern saves desk space
- The resolution may not be ideal for some users
- Brightness may not be sufficient for use in very bright rooms
4. VIOTEK GN24CW 24-Inch Curved Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
|Monitor Size||24 inches|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080p|
|Response Time||3.1ms (with Overdrive)|
|Adaptive Sync||AMD FreeSync|
The VIOTEK GN24CW is an excellent option for gamers with a high-quality ultrawide monitor under 300. With its vibrant color reproduction, flicker-free video, and lightning-fast response time, this monitor provides an immersive gaming experience.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its curved VA panel, which delivers a stunning 1920 x 1080p resolution with full-HD clarity.
This means that you’ll be able to see every detail of your games, movies, and other content with incredible precision and sharpness.
In addition to its excellent image quality, the GN24CW also includes advanced gaming features designed to enhance your gameplay.
You can activate AMD FreeSync for liquid-smooth gameplay free from visual distortion. At the same time, the Overdrive feature can ramp up the response time to 3.1ms, ensuring that you’re always one step ahead of the competition.
The monitor also includes GamePlus targeting crosshairs, which can be incredibly helpful when playing first-person shooter games.
Another great feature of the GN24CW is its versatility. This monitor can be used as a game console monitor for players looking for the best gaming monitor for PS4 or Xbox.
It can connect to any game console using DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 2.0, or HDMI 1.4 ports. Xbox One users can also enjoy full FreeSync monitor support.
The monitor’s bezels are also beautifully thin, making it a perfect fit for any workspace. You can set up a dual monitor or multi-monitor station for an even more immersive experience.
The included VESA adapter allows you to mount the desktop monitor to the wall or a compatible VESA mount monitor stand.
Finally, the GN24CW comes with gold-standard support, including 100% U.S.-based customer service support available weekly. VIOTEK’s Zero-Tolerance Dead Pixel Policy and a 3-Year Limited Warranty protect all new LED monitors.
- Vibrant color reproduction
- Lightning-fast response time
- AMD FreeSync for smooth gameplay
- GamePlus targeting crosshairs
- Versatile connectivity for game consoles
- Thin bezels and VESA mount compatibility
- Gold-standard customer support and warranty
- Lower resolution compared to other ultrawide monitors
- No HDR support
5. Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch Ultrawide MonitorBudget Pick
|Resolution||1920×1080 Full HD|
|Panel Type||IPS (In-plane switching)|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Response Time||4ms GTG|
|Ports & Connectors||HDMI, VGA, 3x USB 3.1|
The Acer R240HY bi-dx 23.8-Inch Ultrawide Monitor is a budget-friendly monitor that offers great value for its price. It boasts a Full HD resolution and an IPS panel so that you can expect accurate color reproduction and wide viewing angles.
The monitor has a flicker-less technology that reduces eye strain, making it a great option for those who spend long hours in front of the screen.
One of the most attractive features of this monitor is its Zero Frame design. The monitor has very thin bezels, giving you a more immersive viewing experience.
You can enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows without any distractions. Additionally, the monitor has three USB 3.1 ports, allowing you to connect your peripherals and charge your devices.
While this monitor has many positive features, there are also some downsides. The monitor only has a 60 Hz refresh rate, which might be better for hardcore gamers.
Additionally, the monitor doesn’t come with a DisplayPort, which could be problematic if you want to connect it to a gaming laptop or PC.
- Affordable price point
- Full HD resolution
- IPS panel with accurate color reproduction and wide viewing angles
- Zero Frame design with thin bezels
- Flicker-less technology reduces eye strain
- Multiple USB 3.1 ports for connectivity and device charging
- Only has a 60 Hz refresh rate
- Does not come with a DisplayPort
6. HP VH240a 23.8-Inch Ultrawide Monitor
|Resolution and panel||1920 x 1080p at 60 Hz with anti-glare matte IPS LED|
|Response time||5ms with overdrive for smooth picture|
|Built-in speakers||Integrated audio speakers (2 watts per channel)|
|Thin bezel-less frame||Virtually frameless with 3-sided narrow bezels|
|4-way ergonomic viewing||90° rotation, adjustable height and tilt, 178° positional viewing|
|VESA mounting||100m VESA mounting pattern (mounting bracket not included)|
|Connectivity||VGA and HDMI with HDCP support|
The HP VH240a is an excellent ultrawide monitor that is well-suited for various tasks, including office work, entertainment, and gaming.
The monitor offers a 23.8-inch Full HD display with an anti-glare, matte IPS LED-backlit panel with vibrant colors and excellent viewing angles. The monitor’s resolution is 1920 x 1080p at 60 Hz, perfect for multitasking.
One of the standout features of the HP VH240a is its 4-way ergonomic viewing. The monitor can rotate 90° for horizontal (landscape) and vertical (portrait) viewing modes, and its height and tilt are adjustable (-5° to 30°). The 178° positional viewing ensures that you always get the best picture quality no matter what angle you’re viewing from.
The monitor also has built-in speakers that provide great sound for your content. The speakers have a power output of 2 watts per channel, which is adequate for most users.
The monitor’s thin bezel-less frame provides a virtually frameless ultra-widescreen display, which is perfect for multi-monitor setups.
The HP VH240a has a response time of 5ms with Overdrive, which ensures that the picture is smooth and fluid without motion blur.
The monitor also comes with VESA mounting, which makes it easy to mount the display on walls or brackets with a 100m VESA mounting pattern.
Regarding connectivity, the monitor has VGA and HDMI ports with HDCP support, which is perfect for laptop or multi-monitor setups. The package includes an AC power cord and HDMI cable.
- Excellent color accuracy and viewing angles
- 4-way ergonomic viewing
- Built-in speakers provide decent sound quality
- A thin bezel-less frame provides a virtually frameless ultra-widescreen display
- Comes with VESA mounting
- Affordable price
- The monitor’s resolution could be higher for its size
- The speakers’ power output could be better
- The monitor’s design is basic and may not appeal to everyone
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Ultrawide monitors have become increasingly popular in recent years as they offer a unique viewing experience with their wider aspect ratios.
If you’re in the market for an ultrawide monitor under $300, there are several factors you should consider before making your purchase.
In this buying guide, we’ll discuss the key features and specifications you should look for in a budget-friendly ultrawide monitor to help you make an informed decision.
- Resolution: The resolution of the monitor determines the clarity of the picture. Look for a monitor with a resolution of at least 1920x1080p, which is full HD. This will ensure that you can view content clearly without any pixelation.
- Panel Type: There are three types of panels available in monitors, namely IPS, TN, and VA. IPS panels offer the best color accuracy and wide viewing angles, making them ideal for content creation and media consumption. TN panels are known for their fast response times, which make them ideal for gaming. VA panels offer deep blacks and high contrast ratios, making them great for watching movies.
- Refresh Rate: The refresh rate refers to how many times the screen is refreshed per second. A higher refresh rate results in smoother motion, essential for gaming. Look for a monitor with a refresh rate of at least 60Hz.
- Aspect Ratio: Ultrawide monitors come in different aspect ratios. The most common aspect ratio is 21:9, which offers a wider viewing experience. However, this may only be suitable for some. Consider what you will primarily use the monitor for, and choose an aspect ratio that suits your needs.
- Connectivity: Ensure the monitor has the required ports to connect to your device. Most ultrawide monitors come with HDMI and DisplayPort ports. Some monitors also include USB ports for connecting peripherals.
- Ergonomics: Look for a monitor with adjustable height, tilt, and swivel options. This will allow you to adjust the monitor to your preferred viewing angle and reduce strain on your eyes and neck.
The Acer R240HY offers a frameless design, IPS panel, and flicker-less technology, making it a great choice for media consumption and content creation.
The HP VH240a offers an anti-glare, matte IPS LED-backlit panel and 4-way ergonomic viewing, making it a great choice for office work and productivity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between an IPS and a VA panel, and which should I choose for my ultrawide monitor?
IPS panels offer better color accuracy and wider viewing angles, while VA panels offer deeper blacks and higher contrast ratios. If you prioritize color accuracy and viewing angles, go for an IPS panel, but if you prioritize deeper blacks and higher contrast, go for a VA panel.
Can I use an ultrawide monitor for gaming, and if so, what features should I look for?
Yes, ultrawide monitors can be great for gaming, especially if they have a high refresh rate (at least 75Hz) and support adaptive sync technologies like AMD FreeSync or NVIDIA G-Sync. Look for models with low response times (5ms or less) and gaming-specific features like crosshairs and motion blur reduction.
How is an ultrawide monitor compatible with my computer or gaming console?
Check the ports and connectors on your computer/gaming console and the ultrawide monitor. Look for models with HDMI, DisplayPort, or VGA inputs, and make sure the resolution and refresh rate of the monitor match your device’s capabilities.
What is the ideal screen size for an ultrawide monitor under $300?
It depends on your needs and preferences, but most ultrawide monitors under $300 range from 23.8 inches to 29 inches in size. Consider factors like desk space, viewing distance, and whether you plan to use the monitor for work or entertainment when choosing a screen size.
Are there any downsides to choosing an ultrawide monitor over a traditional 16:9 monitor?
A: One potential downside is that some content may not be optimized for ultrawide resolutions, leading to black bars or stretched images. Additionally, ultrawide monitors may require more powerful hardware to run smoothly, especially if you plan to use them for gaming or video editing.
In conclusion, choosing the best ultrawide monitor under 300 can be a daunting task, but with the right knowledge, it can be an exciting and rewarding experience.
Make sure to consider your needs and preferences when selecting a monitor, and look out for important features such as resolution, response time, and connectivity options.
It’s also essential to read reviews and compare different models to make an informed decision. With the options available today, you can easily find an affordable ultrawide monitor that fits your budget without compromising quality or performance.
So go ahead, explore your options, and find the perfect ultrawide monitor that enhances your viewing experience and boosts your productivity!