Are you searching for the perfect monitor to take your Ark Survival Evolved gameplay to the next level? Look no further because, in this article, we will be diving into the best monitors for Ark Survival Evolved that will make you feel like you’re living amongst the dinosaurs.
With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with some top picks and all the features you need to know to make the most out of your gaming experience. So, let’s get started!
At a Glance:
4 Best monitor for ARK Survival evolved
1. ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QMBest Pick
|Display size||24.5 inches|
|Display resolution||Full HD (1920 x 1080)|
|Refresh rate||280 Hz|
|Response time||1 ms (gray-to-gray)|
|HDR technology||DisplayHDR 400|
|Panel technology||Fast IPS|
Are you an Ark Survival Evolved gamer looking for the ultimate gaming monitor? The ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM is the perfect fit for you.
This 24.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Fast IPS monitor is designed for professional gamers who demand the best performance.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its incredibly fast 280 Hz refresh rate, which provides a buttery smooth gaming experience ideal for fast-paced games like Ark Survival Evolved.
In addition, the 1 ms response time (gray-to-gray) ensures minimal motion blur or ghosting, ensuring the gameplay is always crisp and sharp.
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM also boasts High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology, which provides stunning color contrast and performance compliant with the DisplayHDR 400 certification. This lets you see the game in stunning detail, especially in dark environments.
In terms of design, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM is sleek and modern, with a minimalist bezel that maximizes the screen of real estate. The build quality is solid, and the monitor itself feels sturdy and well-constructed.
- A fast 280 Hz refresh rate and 1 ms response time provide a smooth gaming experience.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology offers stunning color contrast and detail.
- The monitor’s sleek and modern design, with a minimalist bezel that maximizes screen real estate.
- It offers a solid build quality.
- More than full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution might be needed for some gamers who demand higher resolutions.
- The monitor might be on the expensive side for some buyers.
2. Acer Predator X27
|Display size||27 inches (69 cm)|
|Display resolution||4K2K (3840 x 2160)|
|Refresh rate||Up to 144 Hz|
|Response time||4 ms|
|Color gamut||99% Adobe RGB|
|Panel technology||IPS with Quantum Dot technology|
Are you looking for a high-end gaming monitor that can handle Ark Survival Evolved and other demanding games? The Acer Predator X27 is one of the best monitors for gaming, with features that cater to even the most demanding gamers.
This 27-inch (69 cm) 4K2K (3840 x 2160) gaming monitor has impressive features that provide a remarkable gaming experience.
The Predator X27 has a refresh rate of 144 Hz, ensuring gameplay is smooth and free from stutter or lag. The 4 ms response time ensures fast-paced action is displayed accurately without blur or ghosting.
It has a 99% Adobe RGB color gamut and 10-bit color depth, making the colors look vibrant and accurate. Quantum Dot technology adds depth and vibrancy to the colors.
One of the standout features of the Acer Predator X27 is NVIDIA GSYNC HDR. This technology allows the monitor to have smooth gameplay and enhanced color and contrast depths with 384 individually controllable backlight zones.
The HDR technology also helps to make the game more immersive and provides a wider color gamut with more vibrant colors.
The monitor has an HDMI 2.0 port, a DisplayPort, an SPK, an Audio Out, and a 4 x 3.0 USB hub. Additionally, the monitor is height-adjustable (130 mm) and tiltable (+/-20°), making it easy to find the perfect viewing angle for your needs.
- The Acer Predator X27 boasts impressive specifications, including a 4K2K resolution and up to 144 Hz refresh rate.
- The Quantum Dot technology and 99% Adobe RGB color gamut offer vibrant and accurate colors.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR technology provides smooth gameplay and enhanced color and contrast depths.
- The monitor is height-adjustable and tiltable, making it easy to find the perfect viewing angle for your needs.
- The Acer Predator X27 is expensive and might be out of reach for some buyers.
- The monitor’s 27-inch size might only be suitable, especially for those who prefer larger screens.
3. Alienware 34 Curved Gaming MonitorStaff Pick
|Viewing Angle||178º (H) / 178º (V)|
|Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
As an avid gamer, I was looking for the best monitor for Ark Survival Evolved, and the Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor seemed like an exciting option. And after using it for a while, I must say it did not disappoint.
Firstly, the monitor’s 1900R curved, wide 21:9 display maximizes the field of view, providing an immersive experience.
The WQHD (3440×1440) resolution delivers sharp, detailed images that enhance the gaming experience. I was blown away by how much I could see in-game, and the level of visible detail was unmatched.
The 120Hz refresh rate and the NVIDIA G-SYNC technology provide smooth and realistic gameplay. I noticed a significant difference in how the game looked and played, and the buttery-smooth graphics were a joy to experience.
The G-SYNC technology synchronizes the GPU and monitors, displaying full frames only when the monitor can display them, which minimizes graphic distortions like tearing and artifacts on the screen.
The viewing angle of 178º (H) / 178º (V) ensured that the image was clear, no matter where I was sitting, and the 350 cd/m²(typical) brightness added an extra level of detail to the images on the screen.
- The 1900R curved, wide 21:9 display provides an immersive experience.
- The WQHD (3440×1440) resolution delivers sharp and detailed images.
- The 120Hz refresh rate and NVIDIA G-SYNC technology provide smooth and realistic gameplay.
- The viewing angle of 178º (H) / 178º (V) ensures a clear image.
- The 350 cd/m²(typical) brightness adds extra detail to the image on the screen.
- The monitor is on the pricier side.
- The curved design may be different from everyone’s cup of tea.
4. LG 27GL83A-B 27 Inch UltraGear QHD IPS Gaming Monitor
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||QHD (2560 x 1440)|
|Response Time||1ms (GtG)|
|Adaptive Sync||NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium|
The LG 27GL83A-B is designed specifically for gamers, with its 1-millisecond (GtG) response time and a high 144Hz refresh rate providing a smooth and immersive gaming experience.
The monitor has an IPS panel, delivering great color accuracy with sRGB 99% and wide viewing angles of up to 178 degrees. This ensures that the colors are consistent across the screen, regardless of your viewing angle.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its compatibility with NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium, which virtually eliminates screen tearing and stutter in high-resolution and fast-paced games, ensuring a fast and fluid gaming experience.
Additionally, Dynamic Action Sync helps to reduce input lag, enabling you to respond to on-screen action quickly.
The LG 27GL83A-B has a sleek design with a thin bezel, making it an excellent addition to any gaming setup. The monitor is also height-adjustable and tiltable, which allows you to find the perfect viewing angle for your comfort.
One potential downside of the LG 27GL83A-B is its lower resolution of QHD (2560 x 1440) compared to other monitors, such as the 4K monitors.
However, the QHD resolution is still considered high enough to deliver clear and sharp images for gaming purposes.
Overall, the LG 27GL83A-B is an excellent gaming monitor with great color accuracy, a high refresh rate, low input lag, and adaptive sync technology, making it an ideal choice for gamers. Here are some pros and cons to help summarize:
- Great color accuracy with sRGB 99% and wide viewing angles
- High 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time for a smooth and immersive gaming experience
- Adaptive sync technology with NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium virtually eliminates screen tearing and stutter
- Dynamic Action Sync helps reduce input lag to help you respond to on-screen action quickly
- The lower resolution of QHD (2560 x 1440) compared to other monitors on the market, such as 4K monitors
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Are you looking for the best monitor for Ark Survival Evolved? I’m here to guide you through choosing the perfect monitor for an immersive gaming experience. Here’s a detailed buying guide:
- Resolution: Choose a monitor with a high resolution of at least 2560×1440 (WQHD) or 3840×2160 (4K) to get a more detailed and clear picture of the game’s graphics.
- Refresh Rate: A higher refresh rate of at least 120Hz is crucial for a smooth and seamless gaming experience, especially in fast-paced games like Ark Survival Evolved.
- Response Time: A low response time of 1 ms or 2 ms is ideal for minimizing ghosting, blurring, and input lag, ensuring that you can react to actions quickly.
- Panel Type: Choose an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel for wider viewing angles and more accurate color reproduction or a TN (Twisted Nematic) panel for faster response times and higher refresh rates.
- Adaptive Sync Technology: Look for monitors with adaptive sync technology such as G-Sync or FreeSync to minimize screen tearing and stuttering during gameplay.
- Size: Consider the size of the monitor and your gaming setup. A 27-inch monitor is popular for gamers, but smaller or larger monitors may also suit your needs.
Based on the above criteria, I recommend the Acer Predator X27 for its high resolution, refresh rate, response time, and G-Sync HDR technology.
Another excellent option is the LG 27GL83A-B, which also features a high refresh rate, response time, and adaptive sync technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recommended screen size for playing Ark Survival Evolved?
While the screen size is a matter of personal preference, a 27-inch monitor is generally a good choice for a gaming setup. It’s just enough to strain your eyes and not too large that it takes up too much desk space.
What is the minimum refresh rate for a good gaming experience?
A minimum refresh rate of 60Hz is recommended, but for a smoother and more immersive experience, a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor is ideal.
What is the importance of response time in gaming monitors?
Response time refers to how quickly a monitor can change the color of its pixels, and it’s especially important for fast-paced games like Ark Survival Evolved. A response time of 1 ms is ideal for gaming to prevent any ghosting or motion blur.
Should I get a monitor with G-Sync or FreeSync?
Both G-Sync and FreeSync are adaptive sync technologies that prevent screen tearing and stuttering, but G-Sync is designed for NVIDIA graphics cards, and FreeSync is for AMD graphics cards. It’s important to choose the technology that’s compatible with your graphics card.
What resolution should I get for Ark Survival Evolved?
For the best gaming experience, a QHD (2560×1440) or 4K (3840×2160) resolution monitor is ideal. However, remember that a higher resolution requires a more powerful graphics card to maintain high frame rates.
In conclusion, having the right monitor is crucial for an immersive and enjoyable gaming experience, especially for a visually stunning game like Ark: Survival Evolved.
When choosing the best monitor for Ark, it’s essential to consider features such as resolution, refresh rate, response time, color accuracy, and viewing angles.
Depending on your budget and preferences, various options on the market cater to different needs. Ultimately, investing in a high-quality monitor that delivers sharp visuals, smooth gameplay, and vibrant colors can make all the difference in your gaming experience.