Are you on the lookout for the ultimate gaming experience? Well, you’re in luck because we’re here to talk about the best 17-inch gaming monitor on the market! Whether you’re a professional gamer or just love to play for fun, having the right monitor can make all the difference.
With a 17-inch monitor, you’ll be able to immerse yourself in the game with stunning visuals and crystal-clear details.
So, let’s dive in and explore some of the top options available, from high refresh rates to vibrant colors and everything in between. Let’s get ready to level up your gaming experience!
At a Glance:
- 5 Best 17-inch Gaming Monitor
- 1. AOC CQ32G1 31.5″ Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor
- 2. Dell Alienware AW3418HW 34″ Curved Gaming Monitor
- 3. MSI Optix G27C4 27″ Full HD Curved Gaming Monitor
- 4. ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ 27″ HDR DSC Gaming Monitor
- 5. Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27″ WQHD Gaming Monitor
- Buying Guide: How to Choose 17-inch gaming monitor
- Frequently Asked Questions
5 Best 17-inch Gaming Monitor
1. AOC CQ32G1 31.5″ Curved Frameless Gaming MonitorBest Pick
|Size||32″ class (31.5″ viewable)|
|Resolution||2560×1440 Quad HD (2K)|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Inputs||DisplayPort, 2x HDMI (1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI 1.4)|
Now, let’s talk about my personal experience using this monitor. As a gamer, I was blown away by the immersive experience provided by the 1800R curvature.
The monitor wraps around you, pulling you into the game and making you feel like you’re part of the action. The resolution is top-notch, with 2560×1440 Quad HD providing crisp, clear images that pop off the screen.
But what sets this monitor apart is the rapid 1ms (MPRT) response time and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync. This combination provides the smoothest, most competitive gameplay I’ve ever experienced.
There’s no lag, no stuttering, just smooth, fluid motion that makes even the most intense games feel like a breeze.
The three-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders is also a major plus. It’s the ultimate multi-monitor setup, allowing you to connect multiple monitors for an even more immersive experience seamlessly.
The monitor also has a smart contrast ratio of 80,000,000:1, meaning blacks are deep and rich while whites are bright and vivid.
Regarding additional features, the AOC CQ32G1 also has AOC Low Blue Mode and Flicker-Free technology for well-being during extended gaming sessions.
And if you prefer to mount your monitor on the wall, it’s VESA compatible, making it easy to install in any location.
- Immersive 1800R curvature
- Crisp, clear images with 2560×1440 Quad HD resolution
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response time and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync
- The three-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders
- Smart contrast ratio of 80,000,000:1
- AOC Low Blue Mode and Flicker-Free technology for well-being
- VESA compatible for easy wall mounting
- No built-in speakers
- Limited adjustability in terms of height and angle
2. Dell Alienware AW3418HW 34″ Curved Gaming Monitor
|Adaptive Sync||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
Let me tell you about my experience with the Dell Alienware AW3418HW gaming monitor. This monitor is a game-changer for anyone who wants to take their gaming experience to the next level.
The 34-inch curved screen provides an immersive experience that puts you in the middle of the action. The colors are bright and vivid, and the contrast ratio of 1000:1 makes for sharp and clear visuals.
One of the best features of this monitor is the NVIDIA G-SYNC technology which eliminates screen tearing and stutter for buttery smooth gameplay.
The 144Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time also add to the seamless gaming experience. The monitor comes with three customizable game modes and three preset modes, along with game features like timer, frc, and dark stabilizer that allow you to tailor your gaming experience to your liking.
The Dell Alienware AW3418HW also has a VESA mount for easy installation and can be mounted to the wall or a monitor arm.
The only downside is that the resolution of 2560×1080 may not be enough for some gamers who prefer higher resolutions.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology for smooth gameplay
- 144Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time
- The curved screen provides an immersive experience
- VESA mount for easy installation
- The resolution of 2560×1080 may not be enough for some gamers
3. MSI Optix G27C4 27″ Full HD Curved Gaming MonitorStaff Pick
|Adaptive Sync||AMD FreeSync|
As a gamer, I’m always looking for the best gaming monitor to give me the most immersive experience. And the MSI Optix G27C4 is one of the best 27-inch curved gaming monitors.
With a 1500R curved display and a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees, this monitor is designed to give you the ultimate gaming immersion.
One of the most impressive features of the MSI Optix G27C4 is the 165Hz refresh rate and 1 ms response time. This ensures that there is no screen tearing or choppy frame rates during intense gaming sessions.
The monitor also comes with AMD FreeSync technology that syncs the monitor’s refresh rate with your graphics card to eliminate any screen stuttering.
Another unique feature of the MSI Optix G27C4 is the Night Vision mode, allowing you to see every detail clearly in the dark. This is particularly helpful in games where you must find and attack enemies before they notice you.
The monitor also has an Anti-Flicker and Less Blue Light technology that reduces eye strain and fatigue, allowing you to game longer.
The only downside is that the resolution of 1920×1080 may not be enough for some gamers who prefer higher resolutions.
But if you’re looking for a monitor that can provide a smooth and immersive gaming experience, then the MSI Optix G27C4 is one of the best 27-inch curved gaming monitors you can get.
- 165Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time
- Night Vision mode for seeing clearly in the dark
- Anti-Flicker and Less Blue Light technology
- AMD FreeSync technology for smooth gaming
- The resolution of 1920×1080 may not be enough for some gamers
4. ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ 27″ HDR DSC Gaming Monitor
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Resolution||4K UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels)|
|HDR||DisplayHDR 400 certified|
ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ is a high-end gaming monitor with impressive specifications. A 27-inch 4K UHD IPS display delivers an incredibly immersive gaming experience.
The monitor has a 144Hz refresh rate, which ensures smooth and fluid gameplay. It also supports G-Sync technology, which helps eliminate screen tearing and stuttering, providing a seamless and tear-free gaming experience.
The monitor’s sleek and modern design, with slim bezels and a sturdy stand that provides stability during gameplay.
The viewing angle is wide, at 178 degrees, ensuring you get a clear view of the screen from any angle. The monitor is also VESA compatible, making it easy to mount on a wall.
The ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ supports Display Stream Compression Technology, which allows it to transport ultra-high definition video streams across a single interface at high speed with no perceptible loss of visual quality.
It also comes with high dynamic range (HDR) technology, with DisplayHDR 400 certification and a 90% DCI-P3 professional color gamut, ensuring exceptional contrast and color performance.
One of the most impressive features of this monitor is its Night Vision technology, which helps you see every detail clearly in the dark, enabling you to find and attack enemies before they notice you.
It also has Anti-Flicker and Less Blue Light technology, which reduces eye strain and fatigue, allowing you to play for longer periods without discomfort.
- 4K UHD resolution with a 144Hz refresh rate
- Supports G-Sync technology
- Wide viewing angle and HDR technology for exceptional color performance
- Night Vision technology helps you see every detail clearly in the dark
- Anti-Flicker and Less Blue Light technology for reduced eye strain
- The expensive price point may not be affordable for everyone
- 27-inch screen size may not be suitable for everyone, especially those who prefer larger screens
5. Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27″ WQHD Gaming MonitorBudget Pick
|Display Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (WQHD)|
|Response Time||1ms VRB|
|Viewing Angle||178º (H) / 178º (V)|
|Color Support||1.07 Billion|
|Speakers||2 x 2W|
|Ports||1 x Display Port, 2 x HDMI 2.0, 4 x USB 3.0|
The Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27″ WQHD Gaming Monitor is a great choice for gamers looking for a high-quality monitor with a fast response time and a high refresh rate. Its 27-inch IPS panel offers an immersive gaming experience with clear and vivid picture quality.
The monitor has a fast response time of 1ms VRB and a refresh rate of 144Hz, making it ideal for fast-paced games.
The 178-degree viewing angle ensures you can see the screen clearly from any angle. Additionally, the monitor supports AMD Radeon FreeSync technology, which reduces screen tearing and stuttering during gameplay.
The Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx also features a brightness level of 400cd/㎡ and supports 1.07 billion colors, making it a great choice for content creators who require accurate and vibrant color reproduction. The monitor also comes with two built-in speakers, each with 2 watts of power.
One downside of the monitor is that it may require adjustment of the resolution and video driver to prevent blurry images and screen flickering. The user manual provides instructions on how to make these adjustments and avoid these issues.
- Fast response time and high refresh rate
- Supports AMD Radeon FreeSync technology
- High brightness and color accuracy
- Built-in speakers
- It may require adjustment of resolution and video driver
- Limited port selection
Buying Guide: How to Choose 17-inch gaming monitor
As a gaming enthusiast, a high-quality gaming monitor is one of the most important investments you can make. A good gaming monitor can provide you with an immersive gaming experience and give you the edge you need to win.
However, with so many available options, choosing the best 17-inch gaming monitor can take time and effort. In this buying guide, we will walk you through everything you need to know to make an informed decision.
- Resolution: The first thing to consider is the resolution of the monitor. Higher resolution means better image quality and more immersive gaming experience. For a 17-inch monitor, a resolution of 1080p (Full HD) or 1440p (WQHD) is recommended.
- Refresh Rate: The refresh rate refers to how many times per second the image on the screen is refreshed. A higher refresh rate means smoother and more responsive gameplay. For gaming, a refresh rate of at least 144Hz is recommended.
- Response Time: Response time is the time it takes for a pixel to change from one color to another. Lower response time means less ghosting and motion blur. A response time of 1 ms is ideal for gaming.
- Panel Type: There are three main types of panels available: TN, IPS, and VA. TN panels have the fastest response times but the worst color reproduction and viewing angles. IPS panels have the best color reproduction and viewing angles but slower response times. VA panels have the best contrast ratio but slower response times than TN panels.
- G-Sync or FreeSync: G-Sync and FreeSync are technologies that sync the monitor’s refresh rate with the frame rate of the graphics card to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, look for a G-Sync monitor; if you have an AMD graphics card, look for a FreeSync monitor.
- Additional Features: Some monitors come with additional features like HDR, night vision, and blue light filters. These features can enhance your gaming experience and reduce eye strain.
From the above list, we recommend the Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27” WQHD Gaming Monitor for its excellent specs and value for money.
Another great option is the MSI Optix G27C4 27” Full HD Curved Gaming Monitor, which offers a curved display and excellent performance at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a curved and a flat gaming monitor?
Curved gaming monitors have a slightly curved screen that wraps around your field of vision, providing a more immersive gaming experience. Flat gaming monitors have a traditional, flat screen.
What is the importance of refresh rate in a gaming monitor?
The refresh rate refers to how many times per second the monitor updates the image on the screen. A higher refresh rate means smoother and more responsive gameplay, reducing motion blur and input lag.
How does G-Sync or FreeSync technology improve my gaming experience?
G-Sync and FreeSync are technologies that synchronize the monitor’s refresh rate with the frame rate of your graphics card, reducing screen tearing and stuttering for smoother and more consistent gameplay.
What is HDR technology, and why is it important for gaming?
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, allowing for a wider range of colors, higher contrast, and brighter highlights, resulting in a more realistic and immersive gaming experience.
Can I connect multiple gaming monitors to my computer or gaming console?
Yes, depending on your graphics card and the ports available on your computer or gaming console, you can connect multiple gaming monitors for an even more immersive gaming experience.
In conclusion, finding the best 17-inch gaming monitor can be a daunting task with so many options available in the market. However, understanding your requirements and preferences can help you narrow your search and choose a monitor that fits your gaming needs.
Whether it’s a high refresh rate, low response time, or immersive visuals, a gaming monitor can take your gaming experience to the next level.
Consider factors like resolution, panel type, and connectivity options before making your final decision. With the right gaming monitor, you can enjoy a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience for years to come.