Are you in search of the ultimate gaming experience for your GTX 1080? Look no further because we’ve got you covered.
The key to an immersive gaming experience lies in having the perfect gaming monitor to bring out the best in your powerful graphics card.
In this article, we’ll be diving into the world of gaming monitors and exploring the best options that will make it.
At a Glance:
Best gaming monitor for gtx 1080
1. ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZBest Pick
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Refresh rate||165 Hz|
|NVIDIA G-SYNC technology||Yes|
|Game Visual and GamePlus||Yes|
The ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ is truly a gaming monitor that stands out from the rest. As someone always looking for the best gaming monitor, I was immediately drawn to this monitor for its impressive features and capabilities.
This monitor is designed to optimise screen size and resolution for high-refresh gaming, which is perfect for gamers who want to enjoy the ultimate gaming experience.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its immersive life-like colour, which makes gaming, movies, and design projects look vivid and impressive.
This is thanks to the vivid IPS panel and support for wide viewing angles. I found this especially helpful when playing games in dark or low-lit environments, as the monitor delivered rich, detailed visuals.
The physical dimensions of this monitor are also worth mentioning. With a stand, it measures 619.77×552.53×237.9 millimetres, perfect for accommodating any desk.
But if you prefer a wall mount, it has a dimension of 619.77×362.96×65.98 millimetres, making it ideal for VESA wall mounts.
One of the most impressive features of this monitor is its NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, which eliminates stutter and screen tearing for smooth gameplay.
I found this incredibly helpful when playing fast-paced games requiring quick reactions, as it minimised distractions and allowed me to focus on the game.
Another feature I love about this monitor is its marathon-ready design, which includes ASUS Eye Care technology to minimise eye fatigue.
The ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments is also worth noting, as it allowed me to customise the monitor to my preferences and avoid discomfort during extended gaming sessions.
Lastly, the ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ also has exclusive Game Visual & GAME plus functions, which enhance colour performance and control, allowing gamers to customise their gaming experience.
The ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ is an excellent gaming monitor with impressive features and gaming capabilities. Here are the pros and cons based on my personal experience:
- Vivid and immersive colour quality
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology for smooth gameplay
- Marathon-ready design with ASUS Eye Care technology
- Ergonomic stand with full adjustability
- Game Visual & GAME plus functions for enhanced customisation
- High price point compared to other gaming monitors
- Limited HDR support compared to other high-end monitors
2. Acer Predator X27
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||UHD (3840 x 2160)|
|Refresh Rate||120Hz (OverClocking to 144Hz)|
|Response Time||4ms (GTG)|
|HDR||VESA Certified DisplayHDR 1000|
|Colour Space||99% Adobe RGB|
|Backlighting||384-zone Dynamically Controlled Direct Backlight|
|Ports||1 x Display Port v1.4, 1 x HDMI v2.0, 4 x USB 3.0 Ports|
As a gamer, I was excited to try out the Acer Predator X27; it didn’t disappoint. The 27-inch screen size and UHD resolution make for a fantastic viewing experience, especially when paired with a GTX 1080 graphics card.
The IPS panel provides wide viewing angles and supports a 120Hz refresh rate overclocked to 144Hz, resulting in smooth and tear-free gameplay.
One of the standout features of the Acer Predator X27 is its high brightness and contrast levels, thanks to the VESA Certified DisplayHDR 1000 technology.
It also boasts an impressive 99% Adobe RGB colour gamut and a DCI-P3 colour space, allowing for accurate colour representation and vibrancy in games and movies.
Additionally, the monitor features Quantum Dot technology that enables a 10-bit colour depth and eliminates colour differences with a Delta E<1.
Another notable aspect of the Acer Predator X27 is its backlighting system, divided into 384 dynamic zones, ensuring precise and localised illumination for the best possible visual experience.
The monitor’s ergonomic design allows for full height, tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustments, making it comfortable for extended gaming sessions.
- Impressive image quality with accurate colour representation
- VESA Certified DisplayHDR 1000 technology for high brightness and contrast levels
- Dynamic backlighting system for localised illumination
- Smooth and tear-free gameplay with NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate technology
- Ergonomic design for comfortable long-term use
- Expensive price point
- Limited connectivity options with only one Display Port and one HDMI port
- The 4ms response time may not be sufficient for competitive gamers
3. Dell Alienware AW3418DWStaff Pick
|Screen Size||34 inches|
|Resolution||3440 x 1440 pixels|
|Refresh Rate||120Hz (overclockable to 160Hz)|
|Adaptive Sync||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
The Dell Alienware AW3418DW is a stunning gaming monitor that offers a cinematic and immersive gaming experience. Its 34-inch ultrawide curved display provides an expansive view perfect for gaming, multitasking, and watching movies.
The WQHD resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels and the 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology deliver buttery smooth visuals and tear-free gameplay.
One of the best things about this monitor is its design. The AlienFX lighting system provides a unique gaming ambience, and the adjustable stand allows users to tilt, swivel, and adjust the monitor’s height for long hours of comfortable gameplay.
The flicker-free screen with ComfortView reduces blue light emissions to optimise eye comfort during extended gaming sessions.
The Dell Alienware AW3418DW gaming monitor has many positive features and a few negatives. The monitor’s size and resolution require a powerful graphics card, making upgrading your system expensive.
Also, some users may find the monitor’s size and curvature uncomfortable or need help fitting it on their desks.
- Ultrawide and curved display for an immersive gaming experience
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology for smooth gameplay
- AlienFX lighting system for a unique gaming ambience
- Adjustable stand for comfortable viewing
- Expensive upgrade for some due to resolution and size requirements
- Some users may find the size and curvature uncomfortable
- It may be difficult to fit on smaller desks
4. ViewSonic XG2703-GS
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Sync technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
|Ergonomic stand||Tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment|
The ViewSonic XG2703-GS is a high-quality gaming monitor that delivers an exceptional gaming experience with its fast response time, high refresh rate, and stunning visuals.
The 27-inch WQHD screen with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels provides a high level of detail and clarity, allowing you to see every detail in your games.
One of the standout features of this monitor is the NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, which synchronises the frame rate output between your graphics card and monitor, eliminating screen tearing and minimising stutter and input lag. This technology works seamlessly, providing you with a breathtaking gaming experience.
The monitor also comes with an adjustable ergonomic stand, which can be tilted, swivelled, pivoted, and adjusted for height, allowing you to find the most comfortable viewing position for long gaming sessions.
The integrated headphone hook and cable management stand design help to reduce clutter around your gaming space, making it easier for you to concentrate on your games.
The ViewSonic XG2703-GS also features Flicker-Free technology and a Blue Light Filter, which helps to reduce eyestrain that can come with extended viewing periods.
A pre-set customisable visual mode is available, ensuring you are ready for FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games.
- A high refresh rate and fast response time provide an exceptional gaming experience.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology eliminates screen tearing and minimises stutter and input lag
- The ergonomic stand allows for comfortable viewing positions
- Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter reduce eyestrain during extended viewing periods
- Customisable visual modes for FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games
- Multiple connectivity options, including HDMI, USB, and Display Port
- The price is relatively high compared to other gaming monitors
- The built-in speakers are not very powerful and may require external speakers for better audio quality
5. LG 27UK650-WBudget Pick
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)|
|Viewing angles||178° H / 178° V|
The LG 27UK650-W is an excellent gaming monitor with a 27-inch 4K UHD display with a resolution of 3840 x 2160. It has a sleek, minimalist design with thin bezels that provide an immersive viewing experience.
The monitor’s stand is also adjustable, allowing you to easily adjust the height, tilt, and pivot to achieve the most comfortable viewing angle.
In terms of gaming performance, the LG 27UK650-W is outstanding. With a response time of just 5ms and a refresh rate of 60Hz, it provides smooth and responsive gameplay with minimal input lag. It also supports HDR, making your games’ colours and contrast more vibrant and lifelike.
One of the best features of the LG 27UK650-W is its versatile connectivity options. It has a DisplayPort, two HDMI ports, and a headphone jack, allowing you to connect it to various devices, including gaming consoles, laptops, and desktop computers.
When it comes to picture quality, the LG 27UK650-W is exceptional. It has a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees, meaning you can see the screen clearly from almost any position.
The monitor also features Flicker-Free technology and a Blue Light Filter, which helps to reduce eye strain and makes it more comfortable to use for long periods.
- 4K UHD resolution provides excellent picture quality.
- The adjustable stand allows for comfortable viewing angles.
- Supports HDR for more vibrant and lifelike colours.
- Versatile connectivity options.
- Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filters help to reduce eye strain.
- The wide viewing angle of 178 degrees.
- The refresh rate of 60Hz may not be suitable for competitive gaming.
- A response time of 5ms may be faster for some gamers.
- No built-in speakers.
Buying Guide: How to Choose
As a gaming enthusiast, choosing the right gaming monitor is crucial to enhance your overall gaming experience.
With so many options available, deciding which one to go for can be overwhelming, especially regarding compatibility with your graphics card.
In this buying guide, we will provide you with all the necessary information to make an informed decision and suggest some of the best gaming monitors for GTX 1080.
- Resolution: The resolution of a monitor refers to the number of pixels displayed on the screen. A higher resolution provides better image quality, and for GTX 1080, a monitor with a resolution of 1440p or higher is recommended.
- Refresh Rate: A monitor’s refresh rate indicates the number of times the screen is refreshed per second. For GTX 1080, a monitor with a refresh rate of at least 120Hz is recommended for a smoother gaming experience.
- Response Time: The response time of a monitor is the time it takes for a pixel to change from one colour to another. A lower response time means less motion blur and better image quality. A monitor with a response time of 1 ms or less is recommended for gaming.
- Panel Type: There are three types of monitor panels: TN, IPS, and VA. TN panels have the fastest response time and are best for fast-paced gaming, but their colour accuracy and viewing angles could be better than IPS or VA panels. IPS panels have better colour accuracy and wider viewing angles, but their response time is slower. VA panels offer the best contrast ratio, but their response time is slower than TN panels.
- G-Sync or FreeSync: G-Sync and FreeSync are technologies that synchronise the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card’s output, reducing screen tearing and stuttering. For GTX 1080, a monitor with G-Sync technology is recommended.
- Size and Ergonomics: The size of the monitor should depend on your personal preference and the space you have available. A larger monitor can provide a more immersive gaming experience and be more expensive. Ergonomics are also important, and a monitor with an adjustable stand and VESA mount compatibility can help reduce strain on your neck and eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the ideal screen size for a gaming monitor with a GTX 1080 graphics card?
Answer: The ideal screen size for a gaming monitor with a GTX 1080 graphics card is between 24 to 27 inches.
Do I need G-Sync or FreeSync technology with a GTX 1080 graphics card for my gaming monitor?
Answer: Yes, G-Sync or FreeSync technology is highly recommended for a gaming monitor with a GTX 1080 graphics card to ensure smooth gameplay without screen tearing.
Can a 60Hz monitor work well with a GTX 1080 graphics card for gaming?
Answer: A 60Hz monitor can work with a GTX 1080 graphics card for gaming, but it might not provide the optimal performance and smoothness that a higher refresh rate monitor would provide.
What is the recommended resolution for a gaming monitor with a GTX 1080 graphics card?
Answer: A gaming monitor with a GTX 1080 graphics card should have a resolution of at least 2560×1440 (WQHD) for optimal performance.
What are the recommended connectivity options for a gaming monitor with a GTX 1080 graphics card?
Answer: A gaming monitor with a GTX 1080 graphics card should have DisplayPort and HDMI inputs for connectivity with the graphics card. USB ports for additional connectivity options can also be helpful.
Choosing the best gaming monitor for your GTX 1080 can be daunting, especially with many options. It’s important to consider factors such as resolution, refresh rate, response time, and connectivity.
Also, think about your budget and features. With some research, you can find the perfect gaming monitor to take your gaming experience to the next level.