If you’re like me, you’re always looking for the best way to experience the hustle and bustle of your virtual metropolis.
And let’s face it; a great monitor is one of the most important tools in your arsenal. So, today we’re going to talk about the best monitor for Cities: Skylines, the incredibly popular city-building simulation game that has taken the gaming world by storm.
Whether you’re an experienced urban planner or just starting your first city, having the right monitor can make all the difference. So, let’s dive in and find out what you should look for!
At a Glance:
best monitor for cities skyline
1. ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQBest Pick
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Refresh Rate||165Hz (supports 144Hz)|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||G-SYNC compatibility, ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync|
As a city-building enthusiast, I always seek the best monitors to enhance my gaming experience. The ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ is one such monitor that caught my attention.
This 27-inch WQHD monitor boasts an IPS panel with a resolution of 2560×1440, which means you get stunning visuals with crisp details and vibrant colors.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its 1ms (MPRT) response time, which ensures you get a smooth and tear-free experience while gaming.
The monitor also has a refresh rate of 165Hz (supports 144Hz) and G-SYNC compatibility, which means you can enjoy high frame rates without lag or stuttering.
Another feature that I appreciate is the ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB Sync) technology, which eliminates ghosting and tearing, resulting in sharp and clear gaming visuals.
Additionally, the monitor is compatible with industry-standard HDR10 High Dynamic Range, which means that you get color and brightness levels that exceed the capabilities of ordinary monitors.
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ is also marathon-ready, with ASUS Eye Care technology that minimizes eye fatigue. The ergonomic stand allows for full height, tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustments, making it easy to accommodate any desk.
Overall, I’m extremely satisfied with my purchase of the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ. It’s a well-designed monitor with plenty of features that enhance the gaming experience. However, there are a few drawbacks to this monitor.
One of the issues I’ve noticed is that the monitor tends to have a slight backlight bleed, which can be distracting when watching dark scenes or movies.
Additionally, the monitor’s color accuracy could be improved, as I’ve noticed some color banding in certain games.
- 1ms (MPRT) response time and 165Hz refresh rate for a smooth gaming experience
- G-SYNC compatibility and ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync technology for tear-free visuals
- Compatible with industry-standard HDR10 High Dynamic Range for enhanced color and brightness
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments
- ASUS Eye Care technology to minimize eye fatigue
- Slight backlight bleed
- Color accuracy could be improved
2. LG 27UK650-W
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Resolution||4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)|
|Color Gamut||sRGB 99%|
LG is a brand known for its high-quality electronics and appliances, and the LG 27UK650-W 4K HDR IPS Monitor is no exception.
This monitor is perfect for anyone who wants to experience their favorite games and movies in stunning 4K resolution with HDR technology.
The monitor’s sRGB 99% color gamut ensures the colors are vivid and accurate, making it ideal for photo and video editing.
One of the standout features of the LG 27UK650-W is its AMD FreeSync technology, which helps to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering, providing a smooth and seamless gaming experience.
The monitor also features a 3-side virtually borderless display, which makes it perfect for multi-monitor setups.
The LG 27UK650-W has HDCP 2.2 with DisplayPort and HDMI, making it compatible with many devices. The monitor’s sleek design and thin bezels make it an excellent addition to any workspace, and its height-adjustable stand ensures that it can be customized to fit any desk.
As for the negative aspects, the LG 27UK650-W has a relatively low refresh rate of 60Hz, which may not be suitable for hardcore gamers who require a higher refresh rate for competitive gaming.
Additionally, while the monitor has a fast response time of 5ms, it may still suffer from motion blur in fast-paced games.
- 4K resolution with HDR technology
- AMD FreeSync technology
- Sleek design with thin bezels
- The 3-side virtually borderless display
- Height-adjustable stand
- sRGB 99% color gamut
- The low refresh rate of 60Hz
- May suffer from motion blur in fast-paced games
3. Acer Predator XB271HUStaff Pick
|Screen size||27 inches|
|Resolution||WQHD (2560 x 1440)|
|Technology||In-Plane Switching (IPS)|
|Refresh rate||144Hz (overclocking to 165Hz)|
The Acer Predator XB271HU is a 27-inch gaming monitor with a WQHD resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. With NVIDIA G-Sync technology and a refresh rate of 144Hz (overclocking to 165Hz), the monitor provides a tear-free and smooth gaming experience.
The IPS panel technology offers vibrant colors and a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees (H) / 178 degrees (V), making it a perfect choice for playing Cities Skylines.
The Predator XB271HU has a fast response time of 4ms, minimizing motion blur and ghosting. Additionally, the Flicker-less technology reduces screen flickering, which can cause eye strain during long gaming sessions.
The monitor has two built-in 2W speakers, making it a great choice for users who want to save desk space and eliminate the need for external speakers.
The monitor’s sleek and professional design has a matte black finish and red accents. It features a VESA-compatible mounting system, allowing you to easily mount it on the wall or attach it to a monitor arm.
The monitor’s stand is adjustable, offering a tilt angle of 5 to 35 degrees and a swivel angle of 60 degrees, making it easy to find the perfect viewing angle.
- High refresh rate and quick response time for smooth and tear-free gaming
- Wide viewing angle and vibrant colors
- Flicker-less technology to minimize eye strain
- Built-in speakers
- Sleek and professional design
- Adjustable stand with VESA-compatible mounting system
- Expensive compared to other monitors with similar features
- Limited connectivity options, with only one HDMI and one DisplayPort input
4. BenQ EX2780Q
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560×1440 pixels (QHD)|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||FreeSync Premium|
|Audio||Built-in 2.1 channel speakers with a subwoofer|
The BenQ EX2780Q is a great gaming monitor to enhance your gaming experience. Its QHD resolution provides a crisp and clear picture, making it easier to spot even the smallest details in your favorite game, such as Cities: Skylines.
The 144Hz refresh rate ensures a smooth and seamless gaming experience without lag or stuttering.
One of the standout features of this monitor is the built-in 2.1 channel speakers with a subwoofer. The speakers provide excellent sound quality and can help you save desk space since you don’t need separate speakers. The 5W subwoofer delivers a vibrant bass note, making gaming and entertainment more immersive.
Another great feature of the BenQ EX2780Q is its USB-C connectivity. This allows you to synchronize images, videos, and data and charge all of your mobile devices with a single cable. It’s a convenient and efficient way to connect all your devices.
Finally, the monitor features BenQ’s Eye-Care technology, which helps reduce eye fatigue and strain. This makes it easier to work or play games for longer periods without experiencing eye strain, which can be particularly important for Cities: Skylines players who may spend hours at a time building and managing their city.
- Great sound quality with built-in 2.1 channel speakers and a subwoofer
- USB-C connectivity allows for easy synchronization and charging of mobile devices
- Eye-Care technology helps reduce eye fatigue for extended use
- The stand is not as adjustable as some other gaming monitors
- No HDR support, which may be a drawback for some users
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Cities Skylines is a popular city-building simulation game that requires a high-quality monitor to enjoy the gameplay fully. With so many options on the market, choosing the best monitor for Cities Skylines can be daunting.
As an expert, I’m here to guide you through selecting the right monitor to fit your needs and budget.
- Resolution: Cities Skylines is a highly detailed game, so a high-resolution monitor must fully appreciate its graphics. A resolution of 2560 x 1440 or higher is recommended.
- Size: A monitor with a larger screen size will allow you to see more of your city and enhance your overall gaming experience. A size of 27 inches or larger is ideal for playing Cities Skylines.
- Refresh Rate: A higher refresh rate will provide a smoother gameplay experience with less motion blur. A refresh rate of 144Hz or higher is recommended.
- Response Time: A lower response time is crucial for fast-paced games like Cities Skylines, as it will reduce ghosting and lag. A response time of 4ms or lower is recommended.
- Panel Type: There are three panels to choose from: TN, IPS, and VA. IPS panels provide the best color accuracy and viewing angles, making them ideal for gaming.
- Price: Monitors can range from a few hundred to thousands of dollars. Set a budget and look for a monitor that meets your requirements without breaking the bank.
Based on these factors, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ and LG 27UK650-W are excellent options for playing Cities Skylines.
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ has a high resolution, refresh rate, and response time, while the LG 27UK650-W has a larger screen size and built-in speakers. Consider your personal preferences and budget before making your final decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recommended screen size for playing Cities Skylines?
While it ultimately depends on personal preference, a 27-inch monitor with a resolution of 2560×1440 is recommended for a more immersive experience.
What is the difference between G-Sync and FreeSync technologies?
G-Sync is a proprietary technology developed by NVIDIA, while FreeSync is an open-source technology developed by AMD. Both technologies aim to reduce screen tearing and stuttering during gameplay but are only compatible with their respective graphics card brands.
Can a 60Hz monitor be used for playing Cities Skylines?
Yes, a 60Hz monitor can be used for playing Cities Skylines, but a higher refresh rates monitor, such as 144Hz or 165Hz, will provide a smoother and more fluid gameplay experience.
What is HDR, and is it necessary for playing Cities Skylines?
HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a feature that allows for a wider range of colors and brightness levels, resulting in more vibrant and realistic visuals. While it’s not necessary for playing Cities Skylines, it can enhance the overall gaming experience.
What type of panel technology is best for playing Cities Skylines?
IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel technology is best for playing Cities Skylines, as it offers wide viewing angles, accurate color reproduction, and minimal motion blur.
In conclusion, choosing the best monitor for Cities Skylines is crucial for a seamless and immersive gaming experience. You must consider various factors like resolution, refresh rate, response time, panel type, and connectivity options.
With so many options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to make the right choice. However, keeping your requirements and budget in mind, you can narrow your options and choose a monitor that meets your needs.
Remember to check for reviews and ratings from other users before making the final decision. A good monitor can make all the difference in your Cities Skylines gameplay, so take your time and choose wisely.