Greetings and welcome to the battlefield, my fellow gamers! When conquering your enemies in Total War, having the right weapons in your arsenal is crucial.
And what better weapon to have than a top-notch gaming monitor that delivers stunning visuals and smooth gameplay? Today, we’ll dive deep into gaming monitors to find the perfect one for your Total War gaming experience.
So, buckle up and get ready to explore the best monitor for Total War, with all the bells and whistles you need to lead your troops to victory!
At a Glance:
best monitor for total war
1. ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZBest Pick
|Refresh rate||165 Hz|
As an avid gamer, I have been on a never-ending quest to find the perfect monitor for my gaming needs. My search finally ended when I came across the ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ.
The monitor is designed to provide an optimal screen size and resolution balance for high-refresh gaming.
The 27-inch WQHD (1440P) display with a 165 Hz refresh rate, and a thin bezel design creates a perfect canvas for playing Total War games.
The monitor features an IPS panel that delivers an immersive, lifelike colour in games, movies, and designs with support for wide viewing angles.
The vivid colours and wide viewing angles make the game more realistic and engaging. The physical dimensions of the monitor with a stand are 619.77×552.53×237.9 millimetres, while without a stand, they are 619.77×362.96×65.98 millimetres. This makes it easy to mount on a VESA wall.
The NVIDIA G-SYNC technology of the monitor eliminates stutter and screen tearing, providing smooth gameplay. This feature is especially crucial when playing fast-paced Total War games that require quick reflexes and reaction times.
The ASUS Eye Care technology helps minimise eye fatigue during marathon gaming sessions. The ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments accommodates any desk setup, making it easier to customise for any preference.
The monitor’s exclusive Game Visual & Game Plus functions enhance colour performance and control. These functions can be adjusted to suit the requirements of each Total War game. The monitor has a response time of 4ms, which is quick enough for even the most demanding games.
- Stunning colour accuracy and wide viewing angles
- Smooth gameplay with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments
- ASUS Eye Care technology minimises eye fatigue
- Slight backlight bleeding in some units
- No HDR support
2. Acer Predator XB271HU
|Resolution||2560 x 1440|
|Signal inputs||1 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI 1.4|
As an avid gamer, I always look for the best gaming monitor to take my gaming experience to the next level. After trying several monitors, I finally settled on the Acer Predator XB271HU.
This 27-inch monitor has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440, making it the perfect monitor for playing Total War games.
The IPS panel of the monitor provides a wide viewing angle, making it easier to see everything happening on the battlefield.
The .233mm pixel pitch ensures the images are sharp and clear, providing an immersive gaming experience.
The monitor has one DisplayPort and one HDMI 1.4 port, making it easy to connect to your PC or gaming console.
The Acer Predator XB271HU also features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, which ensures that the monitor’s refresh rate matches the game’s frame rate, eliminating stutter and screen tearing. This is especially important when playing fast-paced Total War games where every millisecond counts.
The monitor has an ergonomic design allows you to adjust the height, tilt, and swivel to ensure maximum comfort during long gaming sessions.
The monitor’s OSD menu allows you to customise the display settings to your preferences. You can also choose from different preset gaming profiles, including RTS, FPS, and racing.
- High-resolution display with wide viewing angles
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology provides a smooth gaming experience
- Ergonomic design allows for maximum comfort during long gaming sessions
- Customisable display settings and gaming profiles
- Limited connectivity options
- Poor speaker quality
3. AOC Agon AG352UCG6Staff Pick
If you’re looking for a truly immersive gaming experience, the AOC Agon AG352UCG6 is the perfect choice.
With its curved design, this 35-inch gaming monitor provides a more realistic and immersive gaming experience, making it perfect for playing Total War games.
The monitor’s WQHD resolution allows for finer details while playing games or watching videos. The 165Hz refresh rate provides gamers a smooth gaming experience, and the 1ms response time eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates. This makes the monitor perfect for fast-paced Total War games, where every millisecond counts.
The monitor also features HDR, which provides eye-catching detail through contrast and shadow adjustment, making your games look more realistic and visually stunning.
The monitor’s VA panel provides wide viewing angles, ensuring you can see everything on the battlefield.
One of the standout features of the AOC Agon AG352UCG6 is its design. The monitor has an ultra-thin bezel, making it perfect for multi-monitor setups.
It also has a fully adjustable stand, allowing you to tilt, swivel, and adjust the height to ensure maximum comfort during long gaming sessions.
- Immersive curved design
- High-resolution display with wide viewing angles
- High refresh rate and response time for the smooth gaming experience
- HDR provides eye-catching detail
- Adjustable stand for maximum comfort
- Limited connectivity options
- Some users may find the curve uncomfortable
4. MSI Optix MAG272CQR
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (WQHD)|
|Sync Technology||FreeSync Premium Pro|
Now, let’s dive into the detailed review:
The MSI Optix MAG272CQR is a top-of-the-line gaming monitor designed to provide gamers with an immersive gaming experience.
With a 27-inch display and a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, this monitor offers excellent picture quality and detail.
The WQHD resolution allows for finer details while playing games or watching videos. The monitor also has a 165Hz refresh rate, providing gamers with a smooth and seamless gaming experience.
One of the standout features of the MSI Optix MAG272CQR is its VA panel technology. This panel type provides excellent colour accuracy and wide viewing angles, making it ideal for gaming and other tasks such as graphic design or video editing.
The monitor also has a 1ms response time, eliminating screen tearing and choppy frame rates. Additionally, the monitor is equipped with FreeSync Premium Pro technology, which synchronises the monitor’s refresh rate with your graphics card’s output to eliminate stuttering and tearing.
Another impressive feature of the MSI Optix MAG272CQR is its curved design, which provides an immersive gaming experience.
The monitor’s curvature allows for a more natural viewing angle and helps reduce eye strain, which is particularly important for long gaming sessions.
Regarding connectivity, the monitor has a variety of ports, including DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0, and a USB hub.
The monitor also has a headphone jack and built-in speakers, a nice touch for those who want to use something other than external speakers or headphones.
The MSI Optix MAG272CQR is an excellent gaming monitor with impressive performance and features. Its high refresh rate, excellent colour accuracy, and FreeSync technology make it an ideal choice for gamers who want a smooth and immersive gaming experience.
However, the monitor’s VA panel may not be as responsive as other panel types, which could concern competitive gamers.
- High refresh rate
- Excellent colour accuracy
- FreeSync Premium Pro technology
- Curved design provides an immersive gaming experience
- Wide range of connectivity options
- Built-in speakers and USB hub
- VA panel may not be as responsive as other panel types.
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Are you a fan of Total War and looking for the perfect monitor to enhance your gaming experience? Choosing the best monitor for your needs can be overwhelming. Don’t worry. We’re here to guide you through the buying process and help you make an informed decision.
Here’s a detailed buying guide for the best monitor for Total War:
- Screen Size and Resolution: Screen size and resolution are critical factors for gaming. You want a large monitor to immerse you in the game and provide a high resolution for crisp and clear visuals. A monitor with a screen size of 27 inches or more and a resolution of 2560 x 1440 or higher is recommended.
- Refresh Rate: A higher refresh rate means smoother gameplay and reduces motion blur. Look for a monitor with a refresh rate of at least 144Hz or higher for a seamless gaming experience.
- Response Time: A lower response time is essential for fast-paced games like Total War. The response time is the amount of time it takes for a pixel to change colour, and a lower response time means less motion blur and ghosting. Look for a monitor with a response time of 1 ms or lower.
- Panel Type: The panel type affects the colour accuracy, viewing angles, and contrast ratio. An IPS or VA panel is recommended for gaming, offering better colour accuracy and wider viewing angles.
- G-Sync or FreeSync: G-Sync and FreeSync technologies help reduce screen tearing and stuttering. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, go for a G-Sync monitor; if you have an AMD graphics card, go for a FreeSync monitor.
- Additional Features: Look for additional features like HDR, gaming modes, and blue light filters to enhance your gaming experience and reduce eye strain