Are you tired of squinting at your small computer screen all day? It’s time to upgrade to a larger monitor that can handle all your work and entertainment needs.
And if you’re looking for the ultimate viewing experience, then a 38-inch monitor is what you need! These beasts of displays offer an immersive and ultra-wide viewing experience perfect for gaming, video editing, and even everyday multitasking.
But with so many options, knowing which one to choose can be tough. So, let’s take a closer look at some of the best 38-inch monitors on the market and find the perfect one for you!
At a Glance:
6 Best 38 inch monitor
1. LG 38WN75C-BBest Pick
|Screen Size||38 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 1600|
|Color Gamut||sRGB 99%|
|HDR Support||HDR10 Compatible|
Having a high-quality monitor is essential for me as someone who spends long hours in front of a computer.
So, I was excited to get my hands on the LG 38WN75C-B, touted as one of the best 38-inch monitors on the market. And let me tell you, and it did not disappoint!
First off, the display is stunning. The 38-inch curved UltraWide QHD+ IPS display offers an immersive and wide viewing experience perfect for gaming, video editing, and multitasking.
With a resolution of 3840 x 1600, everything is crisp and clear, and the 3-side, virtually borderless design gives it a sleek and modern look.
But what impressed me was the color accuracy. The 38WN75C-B boasts an sRGB 99% color gamut and is HDR10 compatible, meaning the colors are vibrant and true to life. And to ensure it stays that way, the monitor comes color-calibrated right out of the box.
The monitor also offers some great features for multitasking. With Screen Split and On-Screen Control, I can easily split the screen into different windows and adjust settings without navigating confusing menus. And with the tilt and height adjustable stand, I can customize the monitor to my needs.
Overall, I have been extremely happy with my experience with the LG 38WN75C-B. Of course, there are some minor drawbacks to consider.
One is that the monitor is quite large and may not fit comfortably on smaller desks. Additionally, it is a bit pricey, so there may be better options for those on a tight budget.
- Stunning display with immersive UltraWide QHD+ resolution
- Accurate and vibrant colors with sRGB 99% color gamut and HDR10 compatibility
- Easy multi-tasking with Screen Split and On-Screen Control
- Tilt and height adjustable stand for the customizable viewing experience
- Large sizes may not fit on smaller desks
- Pricey compared to other monitors
2. Dell UltraSharp U3818DW
|Screen Size||38 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 1600|
|Color Gamut||99% sRGB|
|Connectivity||USB Type-C, HDMI, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort|
Having a high-quality monitor is essential for me as someone who spends long hours working on a computer.
So, when I came across the Dell UltraSharp U3818DW, touted as one of the best 38-inch monitors on the market, I was eager to try it out.
First off, the display is stunning. The 38-inch WQHD+ curved screen with Infinity Edge offers an immersive and wide viewing experience perfect for multitasking and watching movies.
With a resolution of 3840 x 1600, everything looks incredibly sharp and detailed, and the IPS panel ensures accurate and vibrant colors.
I was particularly impressed with the 99% sRGB color gamut, which made everything look true to life.
But what sets the U3818DW apart from other monitors is its connectivity options. With USB Type-C, HDMI, DisplayPort, and Mini DisplayPort, I could easily connect all my devices, from my laptop to my gaming console.
And with the ability to connect up to six compatible RF devices or Bluetooth 4.0, I never had to worry about running out of ports.
Another great feature of the U3818DW is the Dell Easy Arrange software, which allows me to organize my work projects on the screen easily.
And with the KVM switch feature, I can display and edit content from two PCs with a single keyboard, video, and mouse.
Overall, I have been extremely happy with the Dell UltraSharp U3818DW. There are minor drawbacks. The monitor is quite large and may not fit comfortably on smaller desks. It is a bit pricey, so there may be better options on a tight budget.
- Stunning display with immersive WQHD+ resolution
- Accurate and vibrant colors with a 99% sRGB color gamut
- Versatile connectivity options for all your devices
- Dell Easy Arrange software for easy project organization
- KVM switch feature for displaying and editing content from two PCs
- Large sizes may not fit on smaller desks
- Pricey compared to other monitors
3. Acer XR382CQKStaff Pick
|Display Size||37.5 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 1600|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Connectivity||DisplayPort, HDMI, USB-C, and USB 3.1 Type-C|
The Acer XR382CQK is an impressive 38-inch monitor with an immersive curved display with a resolution of 3840 x 1600.
It features AMD FreeSync technology that eliminates screen tearing and stuttering, making it perfect for gaming or watching videos. With a fast 75Hz refresh rate, the monitor delivers smooth and fluid visuals.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its response time of just 1 ms, which is incredibly fast and ensures that there is no input lag or ghosting. This makes it ideal for fast-paced games that require quick reflexes.
The monitor also has built-in speakers that produce high-quality sound with a total power output of 7 watts. It also offers various connectivity options, including DisplayPort, HDMI, USB-C, and USB 3.1 Type-C.
On the positive side, the Acer XR382CQK offers a large and immersive display with a fast refresh rate and a quick response time. The monitor’s built-in speakers are also nice, providing decent sound quality.
However, the monitor’s high price tag may be a drawback for some users. Also, the monitor’s design and aesthetics may differ from everyone’s taste, as it is bulky and has a rather industrial look.
- Immersive curved display
- Fast refresh rate and response time
- Built-in speakers
- Wide range of connectivity options
- High price tag
- Bulky design and industrial look
4. Samsung CJ89
|Screen Size||49 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 1080|
|Response Time||5ms (GtG)|
The Samsung CJ89 is a super ultra-wide business desktop monitor with a big 49-inch screen with a 32:9 aspect ratio, allowing for a massive desktop space for work or play.
The monitor’s adjustable stand with height, swivel, and tilt features further enhance productivity and streamline your workstation.
The 1800R ultra-curved screen provides an immersive, natural viewing experience that reduces eye fatigue, making it perfect for long work sessions or gaming marathons.
The VA panel delivers a clear, sharp picture even when viewed from off-angles, ensuring you don’t miss any details.
The CJ89 has two USB-C ports allowing easy connectivity to multiple devices, and an integrated KVM switch that enables control of up to two computers with a single set of peripherals.
The 144Hz refresh rate delivers incredibly smooth movement and helps eliminate blurring and ghosting, making it great for fast-moving content.
As for the positive aspects of the monitor, the CJ89’s large screen size and ultra-wide aspect ratio make it perfect for multitasking, as you can simultaneously fit multiple windows or applications on the screen. The 144Hz refresh rate also makes it great for gaming, providing a smooth and immersive experience.
However, the monitor’s resolution of 3840 x 1080 is lower than others in the same category, which may be a downside for some users. Additionally, the monitor’s size and weight may make setting up and moving around easier.
- Massive screen size and ultra-wide aspect ratio
- Smooth and immersive gaming experience
- Integrated KVM switch for easy control of multiple devices
- Lower resolution compared to some other monitors in the same category
- Large size and weight may be difficult to set up and move around
5. AOC AGON AG382UCXBudget Pick
|Screen size||49 inches|
|Resolution||Dual QHD 5120×1440|
|Response time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Refresh rate||120Hz (via DP 1.4)|
The AOC AGON AG382UCX is a 49-inch professional-grade curved gaming monitor that offers an immersive and seamless visual experience.
The monitor’s dual QHD 5120×1440 resolution gives you a lot of screen real estate, making it feel like having two QHD monitors side-by-side.
It is a perfect fit for gamers and content creators who want to experience the next level of immersion in their games and work.
The monitor features an immersive 1800R curved VA panel with a fast 1ms (MPRT) response time and 120Hz refresh rate (via DP 1.4) with Adaptive-Sync for smooth gaming.
The Adaptive-Sync technology reduces screen tearing, stuttering, and input lag for a smoother gaming experience.
The stunning imagery is further enhanced with DisplayHDR 400-certified performance and 121.6% sRGB and 90% Adobe RGB color gamut coverage, making it ideal for photo editing.
The AOC AGON AG382UCX is also mobile device-ready with a USB-C input for convenient docking (DP alt mode for display signal) and charging of your device at the same time (up to 65W via USB-PD).
The monitor has various other connectivity options, including HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.4, and four USB 3.0 ports.
One of the most impressive features of the monitor is its design. The monitor has a sleek, modern design that looks great on any desk.
It features a sturdy, adjustable stand that allows you to tilt, swivel, and adjust the monitor’s height, making it comfortable for prolonged use.
- Dual QHD 5120×1440 resolution for an immersive experience
- Fast 1ms (MPRT) response time and 120Hz refresh rate for smooth gaming
- DisplayHDR 400 certified performance and wide color gamut coverage for accurate colors
- USB-C input for convenient docking and charging of mobile devices
- Sleek and modern design with an adjustable stand
- Expensive compared to other monitors in the market
- No built-in speakers
6. ViewSonic VP3881
|Display Size||38 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 1600 pixels|
|Panel Type||SuperClear IPS|
|Response Time||14ms (GTG)|
The ViewSonic VP3881 is a professional-grade 38-inch ultrawide monitor with a stunning curved design for an immersive viewing experience.
The 2300R ultrawide curved display delivers panoramic images, vivid colors, and incredible detail. With a WQHD plus resolution of 3840x1600p and a SuperClear IPS panel, this monitor is perfect for graphic designers, photographers, video editors, and other professionals who demand lifelike colors.
One of the most notable features of the ViewSonic VP3881 is its ability to reduce cable clutter. It has a single USB-C cable that can connect video, audio, data, and power simultaneously and a USB hub that allows you to plug in peripherals like USB drives and mice.
This monitor boasts ultimate color accuracy, with screen-wide sRGB, EBU, SMPTE-C, Rec. 709, DICOM-SIM color spaces, Delta E<2 accuracies, and a smooth palette of 4.39 trillion colors.
It even has hardware calibration that is quick and easy, ensuring that the color displayed perfectly matches the original file.
The ViewSonic VP3881 supports HDR10 content, allowing you to view videos as intended to be seen and providing you with a fuller, more immersive viewing experience.
With flexible connectivity options, it supports laptops, PCs, and Mac operating systems with USB 3.1 Type C, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2, and DisplayPort inputs.
- Immersive ultrawide curved design
- Ultimate color accuracy with multiple color spaces and hardware calibration
- Reduce cable clutter with a single USB-C cable and USB hub
- Supports HDR10 content for a more immersive viewing experience
- Comes with all necessary cables and a factory color calibration report
- A limited refresh rate of 60Hz
- Higher response time of 14ms (GTG)
Buying Guide: How to Choose
If you’re looking for a monitor that provides a spacious and immersive viewing experience, a 38-inch monitor is the perfect choice for you.
With a wide range of options available in the market, choosing the best 38-inch monitor can be daunting. Here’s a detailed buying guide to help you choose the right monitor.
- Screen Resolution: The screen resolution is one of the most important factors to consider when buying a monitor. A higher resolution means sharper and clearer images. The best 38-inch monitors have a resolution of at least 3840 x 1600 pixels.
- Panel Type: The panel type is another important factor to consider. Three types of panels are available: IPS, VA, and TN. IPS panels offer the best color accuracy and wide viewing angles, while VA panels provide better contrast ratios and deeper blacks. TN panels are the most affordable but offer the lowest image quality.
- Refresh Rate: A higher refresh rate means smoother and more fluid visuals, which is especially important for gamers. Look for monitors with a refresh rate of at least 120Hz.
- HDR Support: High Dynamic Range (HDR) support allows for a wider range of colors and better contrast between bright and dark areas. Look for monitors that support HDR10 or Dolby Vision.
- Connectivity: Ensure the monitor has the necessary connectivity options, such as HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C. If you connect multiple devices, look for monitors with built-in KVM switches.
- Price: The best 38-inch monitors can be expensive, so budget before purchasing. You can find great options at various prices but be prepared to spend at least $800 for a high-quality monitor.
Both monitors offer an immersive viewing experience, high resolution, and great color accuracy. However, if you need a monitor for professional use, the ViewSonic VP3881 is a great option with its hardware calibration and wide range of color spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between a 38-inch and dual monitor setup?
A: A 38-inch monitor provides a seamless, ultra-wide viewing experience with no bezels or distractions, whereas a dual monitor setup requires separate monitors with bezels in between.
Q: Can a 38-inch monitor be used for gaming?
A: Many 38-inch monitors have high refresh rates and low response times, making them suitable for gaming.
Q: What is the optimal resolution for a 38-inch monitor?
A: A resolution of at least 3840×1600 for a 38-inch monitor is recommended to ensure a clear and sharp image.
Q: Does a 38-inch monitor require a special graphics card?
A: No, a 38-inch monitor can be used with any graphics card that supports its resolution and refresh rate.
Q: How does the curved design of a 38-inch monitor affect viewing angles?
A: The curved design of a 38-inch monitor helps to provide a more immersive viewing experience, with consistent color and contrast even when viewing from off-angles.
In conclusion, a 38-inch monitor can offer a truly immersive and productive experience, whether you’re a gamer, designer or need a larger workspace.
With ultra-curved screens, high refresh rates, and wide color gamuts, these monitors can elevate your viewing experience and enhance your workflow.
When selecting the best monitor, it’s important to consider factors such as resolution, connectivity options, and ergonomics. You can enjoy a more comfortable and efficient computing experience with the right monitor.