Are you looking for the ultimate monitor to elevate your design game? Look no further than a curved monitor! With its immersive display and sleek design, a curved monitor can take your design projects to the next level.
Whether you’re a professional graphic designer or a hobbyist, the right monitor can make all the difference in your work.
So, let’s dive into the world of curved monitors and explore which ones are the best for graphic design. From colour accuracy to resolution, we’ll cover everything you need to know to make an informed decision. Let’s get started!
At a Glance:
6 Best curved monitor for graphic design
1. Samsung CJ791Best Pick
|Screen Size||34 inches|
|Aspect Ratio||21:9 Ultrawide|
|Color Space||Up to 125% sRGB|
As a graphic designer, I have been searching for a high-quality curved monitor that can offer me vibrant colors and fine detail for my creative projects. And let me tell you, the Samsung CJ791 has exceeded my expectations in every aspect.
The 34-inch 21:9 Ultrawide curved screen is perfect for multitasking and provides a truly immersive viewing experience.
Whether working on multiple projects at once or watching a movie in my downtime, the CJ791 provides me with an uninterrupted and stunningly detailed display.
Moreover, the QLED technology of the monitor delivers an exceptional color gamut, allowing me to experience a wide range of vivid and accurate colors.
The advanced quantum dot color and VA panel support up to 125% sRGB color space, which is excellent for creating and editing images that require precise color accuracy.
In addition, the Thunderbolt 3 connectivity is a game-changer. It offers a 40 Gbps processing speed, eight times faster than USB 3.0, and allows up to 85W laptop charging through a single cable.
This feature is especially helpful when I am on the go and need to connect my MacBook Pro to the monitor quickly.
The Samsung CJ791 is also a fantastic curved gaming monitor, thanks to its 100Hz refresh rate, AMD FreeSync, and multiple game modes.
As a casual gamer, I have enjoyed playing my favorite games on this monitor, and the ultra-fast refresh rate ensures that I never miss a beat.
Lastly, the ergonomic curved screen design and low blue light emissions make the CJ791 easier on my eyes, even during long hours of work or gaming.
I no longer experience eye strain or fatigue, which is essential for maintaining my productivity and focus throughout the day.
- Vibrant color and fine detail
- Ultrawide curved screen for an immersive viewing experience
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for lightning-fast processing speed and laptop charging
- 100Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync for an exceptional gaming experience
- Ergonomic curved screen design and low blue light emissions for reduced eye strain
- Advanced quantum dot color and VA panel support up to 125% sRGB color space for precise color accuracy
- Pricey compared to other monitors in the market
- Limited connectivity options apart from Thunderbolt 3
- No HDR support
2. Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
|Compliant Standards||Plug and play, RoHS, TCO displays|
|Input Connectors||1 DP 1.2 (HDCP 1.4) / 1 mDP 1.2 (HDCP 1.4) / 1 DP 1.2 (out) with MST (HDCP 1.4) / 1 HDMI 1.4 (MHL 2.0) / 1 HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 1.4) / 4 USB 3.0 downstream ports with 1 x BC1.2 charging capability at 2A (max) / 2 USB 3.0 upstream ports|
The Dell Ultrasharp U3415W is an excellent curved monitor for graphic designers. The 34-inch 21:9 curved screen offers an ultra-wide view, providing more display area and enhanced viewing comfort.
The WQHD resolution ensures you get sharp and crisp images, making it easier to work on intricate designs.
The monitor also has an ultra-thin bezel that gives it a sleek and modern look. It comes with a USB 3.0 Hi-speed hub with 2 USB upstream ports and 4 USB downstream ports, making it easy to connect all your peripherals. It also has a built-in speaker system that delivers good sound quality.
One of the best features of the Dell Ultrasharp U3415W is its picture-by-picture and picture-in-picture features, allowing you to navigate multiple applications and video inputs.
The monitor also has a 3-year limited hardware warranty and 3-year advanced exchange service, ensuring that you get good value for your money.
The monitor is also very easy to set up and use. The firmware update utility software makes it easy to keep your monitor up-to-date with the latest firmware updates. It is compatible with Windows 7 and other operating systems.
- The ultra-wide curved screen offered more display area and enhanced viewing comfort.
- Picture-by-picture and picture-in-picture features for easy navigation across multiple applications and video inputs
- Sleek and modern design with an ultra-thin bezel
- USB 3.0 Hi-speed hub with 2 USB upstream ports and 4 USB downstream ports for easy connectivity
- Built-in speaker system with good sound quality
- 3-year limited hardware warranty and 3-year advanced exchange service
- The limited refresh rate of 60Hz
- No support for AMD FreeSync or NVIDIA G-Sync
- No built-in webcam
3. LG 34UC80-BStaff Pick
|Screen Size||34 inches|
|Resolution||3440 x 1440|
|Connectivity||HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.0, 3.5mm audio jack|
The LG 34UC80-B is a 34-inch ultra-wide curved monitor with a QHD resolution of 3440 x 1440, making it ideal for graphic design and other creative work.
The monitor’s sRGB over 99% color accuracy ensures that colors are accurate and vibrant, while the IPS panel offers great viewing angles, making it easy to collaborate with others.
One of the standout features of the LG 34UC80-B is the USB 3.0 Quick Charge, which lets you charge your phone or another USB device while you work.
This is especially useful if you have a lot of devices that need to be charged, as it means you won’t need to use up extra outlets or ports.
The monitor’s Height/Tilt Adjustable Stand allows you to adjust the height and tilt of the monitor to suit your needs, ensuring that you’re always comfortable while you work.
The Screen Split 2.0 feature is also handy, as it lets you split the screen into multiple windows, making it easy to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Regarding connectivity, the LG 34UC80-B offers HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.0, and a 3.5mm audio jack, giving you plenty of options for connecting your devices. The monitor also has a VESA mount, allowing you to mount it on a wall or arm.
While the LG 34UC80-B has many positive features, some negatives exist. The monitor’s refresh rate is only 60Hz, which may concern gamers or anyone who needs a higher refresh rate for their work. Additionally, the response time of 5ms is slower than some other monitors in this category.
- Excellent color accuracy
- USB 3.0 Quick Charge
- Height/Tilt Adjustable Stand
- Screen Split 2.0 for multitasking
- Multiple connectivity options
- VESA mount compatible
- Limited to 60Hz refresh rate
- A response time of 5ms is slower than some other monitors in this category.
4. ASUS ProArt PA34VC
|Screen Size||34.1 inches|
|Resolution||3440 x 1440|
|Input Ports||2 x Thunderbolt 3, DisplayPort 1.2, 3 x HDMI 2|
|Color Accuracy||Delta E < 2|
|Frame Design||Three-side frameless design|
|Ergonomic Stand||Tilt, swivel, and height adjustable|
|Eye Care Technology||Flicker-free and low-blue light|
The ASUS ProArt PA34VC is an exceptional monitor that offers a 34.1-inch Ultra-Wide Quad HD (UWQHD) display with a 1900R curve that enhances the viewing experience for graphic designers.
The monitor boasts an impressive resolution of 3440 x 1440 and an IPS panel that produces vivid colors and sharp details.
The color accuracy of the ASUS ProArt PA34VC is one of its strongest features, as it comes with a factory pre-calibration that ensures a Delta E < 2, making it suitable for professional use.
The monitor also has High Dynamic Range (HDR-10) capability, which provides a more extensive range of colors and higher contrast levels.
The ASUS ProArt PA34VC comes with the ASUS ProArt Calibration technology, which includes a 14-bit lookup table (LUT) and uniformity compensation capability that allows for calibration of the monitor for perfect color reproduction. This feature makes it easier for users to work on tasks requiring high color accuracy.
Another notable feature of this monitor is the Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) functionality, which allows for easy content viewing from multiple sources simultaneously. This feature comes in handy when multitasking between different applications.
The ASUS ProArt PA34VC has a three-sided frameless design that gives it a sleek look, and the ergonomic stand makes it easy to adjust the monitor’s height, tilt, and swivel according to your preference.
Additionally, the monitor comes with ASUS Eye Care flicker-free and low blue light technology, which reduces eye strain and fatigue during long work hours.
- Excellent color accuracy with Delta E < 2.
- HDR-10 capability.
- ASUS ProArt Calibration technology for easy calibration.
- PIP and PBP functionality for multitasking.
- Ergonomic stand design.
- Eye Care technology for reduced eye strain.
- Expensive compared to other monitors in the market.
- The refresh rate of 60 Hz might not be suitable for gamers.
5. ViewSonic VP3881Budget Pick
|Curved Design||2300R ultrawide curved viewing experience with panoramic images, vivid color, and detail|
|Professional Monitor||WQHD plus (3840x1600p) 60Hz SuperClear IPS monitor for graphic designers and photographers|
|Reduce Cable Clutter||Single USB-C cable for video, audio, data, and power|
|Ultimate Color Accuracy||Screen wide sRGB, EBU, SMPTE-C, Rec. 709, and DICOM-SIM color spaces and Delta E<2 Accuracy|
|Hardware Calibration||Quick and easy calibration to match the original file|
|HDR10 Content Support||Displays videos with a fuller, more immersive viewing experience|
One of the things I love about the ViewSonic VP3881 is its curved design. The 2300R ultrawide curved display offers an immersive viewing experience, with panoramic images that feel larger than life.
The vivid colors and incredible detail make it perfect for graphic designers, photographers, and video editors who need a monitor to showcase their work in the best possible way.
The monitor also boasts a WQHD plus (3840x1600p) 60Hz SuperClear IPS display that delivers lifelike colors, essential for any professional needing accurate color representation.
The ViewSonic VP3881 supports screen-wide sRGB, EBU, SMPTE-C, Rec. 709, DICOM-SIM color spaces, and Delta E<2 accuracies; the colors you see on the monitor are precise and true-to-life.
Another great feature of the ViewSonic VP3881 is the ability to reduce cable clutter. You can connect video, audio, data, and power with a single USB-C cable, making it easier to set up and use. The monitor also has a USB hub that allows you to plug in peripherals like USB drives and mice.
The ViewSonic VP3881 also offers quick and easy calibration with hardware calibration, which ensures that the color displayed perfectly matches the original file.
The HDR10 content support also displays videos as they are intended to be seen, giving you a fuller, more immersive viewing experience.
However, one of the downsides of this monitor is its refresh rate, which is limited to 60Hz. If you’re a gamer, there may be better options, as you may experience screen tearing or stuttering. Additionally, the monitor is quite large and heavy, so it may not be suitable for those with limited desk space.
Overall, the ViewSonic VP3881 is an excellent choice for graphic designers, photographers, and video editors who require a monitor with accurate color representation, an immersive viewing experience, and reduced cable clutter. Here are the pros and cons of the ViewSonic VP3881:
- Ultrawide curved display offers an immersive viewing experience
- Supports multiple color spaces and has Delta E<2 Accuracy
- Hardware calibration ensures color accuracy
- HDR10 content support for a more immersive viewing experience
- Reduce cable clutter with a single USB-C cable and USB hub
- The limited refresh rate of 60Hz
- Large and heavy monitors may not be suitable for those with limited desk space.
6. AOC Agon AG352UCG6
|Resolution||3440 x 1440 UW-QHD|
|Response Time||4 ms GTG|
|Color Depth||Colour Depth|
The AOC Agon AG352UCG6 is a great choice for graphic designers looking for a monitor that can deliver excellent colour accuracy and detail.
With a resolution of 3440 x 1440 and a high contrast ratio of 2,500:1, this monitor can display lifelike colours and deep blacks.
The monitor also features a 4 ms GTG response time, ensuring no lag or ghosting when displaying fast-moving images or videos. This makes it a great choice for gamers looking for a monitor to keep up with their fast-paced games.
The AOC Agon AG352UCG6 also has built-in speakers that produce decent sound quality, which is great if you don’t have a separate speaker system.
It also has a variety of ports, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB, making it easy to connect to various devices.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its curved design, which offers an immersive viewing experience. The monitor’s curve helps reduce eye strain and provides a more natural viewing angle, which is great for extended work sessions.
- Large and immersive curved display
- Excellent color accuracy and detail
- Fast response time
- Built-in speakers
- Multiple ports for easy connectivity
- It may not be as bright as some other monitors on the market
- Limited adjustability of the stand
Buying Guide: How to Choose Curved monitor for graphic design
Choosing the best-curved monitor for graphic design can be a daunting task, especially when so many options are available in the market. As a graphic design expert, I understand the importance of having a monitor that can deliver accurate colors, high resolution, and a comfortable viewing experience.
I will provide a detailed guide on choosing the best-curved monitor for your graphic design needs in this buying guide.
Size and Resolution:
1. Size and resolution matter when choosing a curved monitor for graphic design. Larger screen sizes will give you more room to work with and let you see your designs in more detail. The ideal size for a curved monitor is 34 inches, and the minimum resolution you should consider is 2560 x 1080.
2. Color accuracy is among the most important factors when choosing a curved monitor for graphic design. Look for a monitor that covers at least 99% of the sRGB color space, as this will ensure that your colors are displayed accurately. Some monitors also come with factory calibration, meaning they have been calibrated to Delta E<2, ensuring precise color reproduction.
3. The contrast ratio is the difference between an image’s brightest and darkest parts. A higher contrast ratio will provide more detail in the shadows and highlights of your images, making them look more vibrant and lifelike. Look for a monitor with a contrast ratio of at least 1000:1.
4. A high refresh rate is essential for a smooth and fluid viewing experience, especially when working with fast-moving images or animations. Look for a monitor with a refresh rate of at least 75Hz, or even better, 144Hz.
5. Consider the connectivity options available on the monitor. Look for a monitor with at least one HDMI port, DisplayPort, and a USB hub. A USB-C port is also a nice-to-have feature, as it enables you to connect your laptop to the monitor with a single cable.
6. Lastly, consider the ergonomics of the monitor. A height-adjustable monitor, swivels, and tilts will enable you to find the most comfortable viewing angle. This is especially important if you spend long hours working on your designs.
The LG 34UC80-B is ideal for those on a budget, while the ViewSonic VP3881 offers more advanced features, such as hardware calibration and HDR10 content support.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a curved and a flat monitor for graphic design?
Curved monitors have a wider viewing angle and can provide a more immersive experience, while flat monitors tend to have more consistent image quality and color accuracy.
Can I use a curved monitor for tasks other than graphic design?
Curved monitors can be used for various tasks, including gaming, video editing, and general office work.
What is the recommended resolution for a curved monitor for graphic design?
The recommended resolution is at least 1440p (2560×1440) or higher to ensure sharp and detailed images.
Is color accuracy important for a curved monitor used for graphic design?
Yes, color accuracy is crucial for graphic design work as it ensures that the colors you see on the monitor match the colors in your final product.
What connectivity options should I look for in a curved monitor for graphic design?
Look for a monitor with HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C ports to ensure compatibility with a range of devices and to provide the flexibility to connect multiple peripherals.
In conclusion, finding the best-curved monitor for graphic design is crucial for professionals who demand high color accuracy, detail, and clarity. The most important features of a graphic design monitor include color accuracy, resolution, size, curvature, connectivity options, and ergonomic design.
With the variety of options available on the market, it’s important to take the time to research and compare monitors to find the perfect fit for your specific needs.
A well-chosen monitor can make a significant difference in your workflow and the quality of your work, so it’s worth investing in the best option possible.