Are you a streamer looking to upgrade your setup with the best monitor for streaming? Look no further! A good monitor is essential for any streamer, providing crisp and clear visuals that can make all the difference when engaging with your audience.
Whether you’re a gamer or artist or want to broadcast high-quality video content, having a monitor that meets your needs is key.
From high refresh rates to colour accuracy, there are many features to consider when shopping for a monitor. So, let’s dive into what makes a great monitor for streaming and explore some top options on the market today!
At a Glance:
- 10 Best Monitors for Streaming
- 1. Dell S-Series 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Gaming Monitor (S2719DGF)
- 2. ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27″ HDR Monitor
- 3. LG 27GL83A-B 27
- 4. BenQ PD2700U 27-inch 4K Monitor
- 5. Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27″ WQHD (2560×1440) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS Monitor
- 6. MSI Optix MAG272CQR 27″ Curved Gaming Monitor
- 7. Samsung 32-Inch UJ59 UHD 4K Monitor (LU32J590UQNXZA)
- 8. ViewSonic VX3276-MHD 32 Inch 1080p Frameless Widescreen IPS Monitor
- 9. AOC CQ32G1 31.5″ Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor
- 10. HP VH240a 23.8-Inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor
- Buying Guide: How to Choose
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Monitors for Streaming
1. Dell S-Series 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Gaming Monitor (S2719DGF)Best Pick
|Resolution||QHD (2560 x 1440)|
|Refresh Rate||155Hz (Overclocked)|
|Sync Technology||AMD FreeSync|
As a streamer and gamer, I always look for the best monitor to meet my needs. After researching and testing various monitors, I can confidently say that the Dell S-Series 27-inch Screen LED-Lit Gaming Monitor (S2719DGF) is one of the best for streaming and gaming.
The first thing that caught my attention was the fast refresh rate of 155Hz (overclocked) and AMD FreeSync technology.
This combination provides an incredibly smooth visual experience with sharp and tear-free graphics. This makes it perfect for streaming high-action games and providing a great experience for my viewers.
Regarding gameplay, the monitor delivers a rapid 1ms response time, ensuring that every action I take is displayed on the screen with minimal input lag.
The monitor is also incredibly bright, rated 350 cd/m², which provides a crisp and vivid visual experience. The QHD resolution is another standout feature, with almost two times more pixels than full HD, which makes everything look incredibly detailed.
One of my favourite features of this monitor is the edge-to-edge gameplay, which provides a truly immersive experience.
The monitor has a slim bezel that allows me to focus solely on the action without any distractions. It is also incredibly easy to set up, with various connectivity options, including HDMI and DisplayPort.
Overall, the Dell S-Series 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Gaming Monitor (S2719DGF) is an exceptional monitor for streaming and gaming.
However, there are a few negatives to keep in mind. The first is that the monitor does not have built-in speakers, so you’ll need to invest in external speakers or headphones for audio.
Additionally, while the monitor is great for gaming and streaming, there may be better options for graphic designers or photographers, as it lacks the color accuracy required for these professions.
- The swift refresh rate for tear-free graphics
- Rapid 1ms response time for minimum input lag
- Bright and vivid visuals with QHD resolution
- Edge-to-edge gameplay for an immersive experience
- Multiple connectivity options
- Slim bezel for a distraction-free experience
- No built-in speakers
- May not have the color accuracy required for graphic design or photography
2. ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27″ HDR Monitor
|Display Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||Full HD (1920 x 1080)|
|Refresh Rate||280Hz (overclocked)|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|HDR||DisplayHDR 400 certification|
|Adaptive Sync||G-SYNC Compatible|
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27″ HDR Monitor is a fast IPS gaming monitor with an ultrafast 280Hz refresh rate, designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay. The monitor boasts a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080, making it ideal for gaming and streaming.
The fast IPS panel ensures that the colours remain accurate even at wide viewing angles, and the 280Hz refresh rate ensures no stutters or lag during gameplay.
One of the key features of the ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27″ HDR Monitor is the ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology, which enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
The monitor is certified as G-SYNC Compatible, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience by enabling VRR (variable refresh rate) by default.
The monitor also features High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with a professional colour gamut, which delivers contrast and colour performance that meets the DisplayHDR 400 certification. This means the monitor can deliver deeper blacks and brighter whites, making the visuals more realistic.
In addition, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27″ HDR Monitor comes with an ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments, making it comfortable to use for extended periods.
The monitor is also compatible with industry-standard HDR10 High Dynamic Range for colour and brightness levels that exceed the capabilities of ordinary monitors.
- Ultrafast 280Hz refresh rate for smooth and immersive gameplay
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology for sharp visuals with high frame rates
- Certified as G-SYNC Compatible, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with a professional color gamut
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments
- Compatible with industry-standard HDR10 High Dynamic Range
- Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 might not be enough for professionals who need higher resolutions.
- The monitor might be too expensive for some users
3. LG 27GL83A-B 27Staff Pick
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 pixels|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible|
As a gamer, I was thrilled to try out the LG 27GL83A-B Gaming Monitor, and it did not disappoint. This monitor’s IPS panel gave me excellent colour accuracy, wide viewing angles, and sharp clarity, making the visuals more vivid and immersive.
The 1-millisecond response time ensured I experienced responsive and crisp visuals with minimal motion blur.
I was particularly impressed with the NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology that worked seamlessly with my compatible NVIDIA graphics card to eliminate screen tearing and minimize stutter.
The Dynamic Action Sync feature also helped reduce input lag, making me respond faster to in-game action.
The Black Stabilizer feature also dynamically brightened dark scenes, making it easier for me to spot enemies hiding in the shadows. The Crosshair feature was also a great addition, enhancing my firefighter accuracy.
The LG 27GL83A-B Gaming Monitor has a sleek, minimalistic design that looks great on any gaming setup. The monitor’s stand is adjustable, allowing for tilting and height adjustments, making it easy to find the most comfortable viewing position.
Despite its many advantages, the monitor’s 27-inch screen size may be small for some users who prefer larger displays. However, the size was just right, and the monitor’s performance exceeded size limitations.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible for seamless gameplay
- Dynamic Action Sync helps reduce input lag
- Black Stabilizer brightens dark scenes
- Crosshair feature enhances accuracy in firefights
- Screen size may be small for some users
4. BenQ PD2700U 27-inch 4K Monitor
|Resolution||4K UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels)|
|Color Gamut||100% REC.709, 100% sRGB, HDR10|
|EyeCare Technology||Flicker-Free, Low Blue Light, Brightness Intelligence|
|Warranty||3-year manufacturer’s guarantee|
The BenQ PD2700U 27-inch 4K monitor is a great option for anyone needing a high-quality display for streaming, gaming, or any other activity that demands high resolution and color accuracy.
The monitor features a 4K UHD resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, providing an incredibly crisp and detailed image with vibrant colors. The IPS panel technology ensures wide viewing angles, making sharing the screen with others easy.
One of the standout features of the PD2700U is its color gamut, which covers 100% of both REC.709 and sRGB, as well as HDR10.
This means the monitor can accurately display various colors, making it ideal for graphic designers, photographers, and other professionals working with color-critical content.
Regarding EyeCare technology, the PD2700U features Flicker-Free and Low Blue Light, which reduce eye strain and fatigue during extended use.
Additionally, the monitor’s Brightness Intelligence feature automatically adjusts the brightness and colour temperature based on ambient lighting conditions, reducing eye strain and making it easier to work for long periods.
The monitor also comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s guarantee, giving you peace of mind and assurance that you’re investing in a high-quality product.
- Crisp and detailed 4K UHD resolution
- Wide color gamut covering 100% of both REC.709 and sRGB, as well as HDR10
- EyeCare technology, including Flicker-Free, Low Blue Light, and Brightness Intelligence
- 3-year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Not compatible with MacBook if it does not have USBC or TB3
5. Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27″ WQHD (2560×1440) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS MonitorBudget Pick
|Resolution||WQHD (2560 x 1440)|
|Refresh Rate||144Hz (overclocking to 165Hz) using display port|
|Panel Technology||In-plane switching (IPS) technology|
The Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz is a gaming monitor with a 27-inch widescreen with WQHD resolution and NVIDIA G-SYNC technology.
A 144Hz refresh rate (overclockable to 165Hz) provides smooth, clear visuals and a responsive gaming experience.
The monitor’s in-plane switching (IPS) panel technology delivers vibrant and accurate colors, making it a great choice for streaming, video editing, and graphic design.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its flicker-less technology, which reduces screen flickering and helps prevent eye strain when viewing the monitor for extended periods.
The monitor also features two built-in speakers that provide good sound quality without needing external speakers.
The monitor is VESA mountable, with a 100 x 100-millimeter mounting type. It has a tilt angle of 5° to 35°, a swivel angle of 60°, and a maximum adjustable height of 5.91 inches.
The viewing angles are 178° (horizontal) and 178° (vertical), providing excellent visibility from various angles.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology delivers smooth and responsive gameplay
- In-plane switching (IPS) panel technology delivers accurate and vibrant colors
- Flickerless technology reduces screen flickering, helping to prevent eye strain
- Built-in speakers provide good sound quality without needing external speakers
- VESA mountable, with a range of tilt, swivel, and height adjustment options
- 178° viewing angle provides great visibility from multiple angles
- Response time could be faster for more competitive gamers
- The price may be a bit high for some budget-conscious buyers
- Some users have reported issues with backlight bleeding, although this appears to be a relatively rare issue.
6. MSI Optix MAG272CQR 27″ Curved Gaming Monitor
|Display size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 pixels (WQHD)|
|Adaptive sync||AMD FreeSync|
The MSI Optix MAG272CQR is a curved gaming monitor designed to provide the best gameplay immersion with its 1500R curvature.
The curved display helps in reducing eye strain and enhances the viewing experience. The monitor has a 27-inch VA panel with a 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution, ensuring that games are displayed with detailed and vibrant visuals.
The monitor’s high brightness of 300nits and 178° viewing angle help to provide a clear view of the screen from any angle.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its Night Vision. The Night Vision feature helps highlight dark areas in the game, enabling the user to see every detail clearly in the dark.
This is especially useful when playing first-person shooters, where spotting enemies in dark areas can be difficult.
The MSI Optix MAG272CQR has a 1ms response time and a 165Hz refresh rate, ensuring that games are displayed smoothly without lag.
The monitor’s Adaptive sync feature, AMD FreeSync, ensures that the graphics card and the monitor’s refresh rate are in sync, thus reducing screen tearing and stuttering.
The monitor also comes with a Type-C port, which allows easy connectivity with laptops or PCs. The monitor also has multiple ports, including HDMI and DisplayPort, ensuring it can be connected to various devices.
- The curved display enhances the viewing experience and reduces eye strain
- The Night Vision feature is helpful in games with dark areas
- 1ms response time and 165Hz refresh rate ensure smooth gameplay
- Multiple ports for easy connectivity
- The VA panel has a slower pixel response time compared to other panels
- The monitor’s stand only allows tilt and height adjustments and lacks swivel and pivot options
7. Samsung 32-Inch UJ59 UHD 4K Monitor (LU32J590UQNXZA)Best Pick
|Screen Size||32 inches|
|Resolution||4K UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels)|
|Connectivity||2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x DisplayPort|
As someone who loves to stream, I was impressed with the Samsung 32-Inch UJ59 UHD 4K Monitor. The image quality is stunning, and the lifelike details make it feel like you’re in the middle of the action.
The widescreen feature is also a big plus, allowing you to split your screen into two windows and maintain both qualities.
This is great for streaming, as I can have my chat and streaming software open on one side of the screen while playing my game on the other.
Connecting multiple ultra HD devices is also made easy with this monitor. It has two HDMI 2.0 inputs and one display port input, making it compatible with Xbox, PS4, and various gaming computers.
The AMD FreeSync technology is another impressive feature. It synchronizes the refresh rate of your graphics card and monitors to reduce image tearing and stuttering, providing a smooth and seamless gaming experience.
However, one downside to this monitor is the refresh rate of 60Hz, which may be better for some hardcore gamers who are used to higher refresh rates. But as someone who primarily streams, I found this a minor issue.
Additionally, I found the single monitor arm to be a helpful addition to my setup. It was easy to install and adjust, allowing me to tilt the screen to find the perfect viewing angle.
It also increased my desktop space and provided ergonomic positioning, reducing strain on my neck and shoulders.
Overall, the Samsung 32-Inch UJ59 UHD 4K Monitor is a great choice for those looking for a high-quality display with an impressive resolution and multiple connectivity options. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
- Stunning image quality with lifelike details
- The Widescreen feature allows you to split your screen into two different windows.
- Multiple connectivity options make it easy to connect to various devices
- AMD FreeSync technology reduces image tearing and stuttering
- Single monitor arm provides ergonomic positioning and increased desktop space
- The refresh rate of 60Hz may not be ideal for some gamers
- No built-in speakers
8. ViewSonic VX3276-MHD 32 Inch 1080p Frameless Widescreen IPS MonitorBest Pick
|Screen Size||32 inches|
|Resolution||Full HD (1920x1080p)|
|Viewing Angle||178° (H) / 178° (V)|
|Connectivity||HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA|
|Included Accessories||Power Cable, HDMI Cable|
The ViewSonic VX3276-MHD is a 32-inch IPS monitor that provides excellent value for its price. It has a Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution, perfect for streaming, gaming, and general use.
The ultra-slim bezel design gives it a modern look that will complement any workspace or gaming setup. The IPS panel ensures that the colors are vivid and the contrast is sharp, making it ideal for viewing from any angle.
The Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter enhance the viewing experience by reducing eye strain, allowing for all-day comfort.
With the ViewSplit software, you can divide your screen into multiple windows, boosting productivity. The software is available for download on the ViewSonic website.
The VX3276-MHD supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA inputs, making it highly versatile.
The monitor’s assembly is straightforward and comes with a power and HDMI cable. The setup takes only a few minutes, and you’re ready to enjoy the monitor’s full potential.
- The IPS panel provides excellent color accuracy and contrast from any angle.
- The ultra-slim bezel design gives it a modern and sleek look.
- The monitor includes Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter, reducing eye strain.
- The ViewSplit software helps boost productivity by dividing your screen into multiple windows.
- The monitor is easy to set up and comes with a power and HDMI cable.
- The monitor is reasonably priced for its size and features.
- The Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution might need to be revised for professional photo or video editing.
- The monitor lacks built-in speakers, so you need to use external ones for audio.
9. AOC CQ32G1 31.5″ Curved Frameless Gaming MonitorBest Pick
|Size||32″ class, 31.5″ viewable|
|Resolution||2560×1440 Quad HD|
|Response time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Connectivity||DisplayPort, 2x HDMI (1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI 1.4), Audio Line-out|
|Frame design||3-sided frameless with ultra-narrow borders|
|Eye Care||AOC Low Blue Mode and Flicker-Free Technology|
|Mounting||VESA compatible wall mount|
The AOC CQ32G1 is an excellent choice for gamers who want a large, immersive display without breaking the bank. The 31.5″ curved monitor with a 1800R curvature provides an immersive gaming experience by wrapping around your field of view.
The 2560×1440 Quad HD resolution (2K) provides excellent picture quality with sharp and vivid visuals.
One of the key features of this monitor is its rapid 1ms (MPRT) response time and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync, providing smooth and fluid gameplay with no motion blur or screen tearing. It’s a great choice for gamers who need a monitor to keep up with fast-paced action games.
The 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders provides the ultimate multi-monitor setup. You can enjoy an uninterrupted gaming experience on multiple monitors with minimal bezels.
The 80,000,000:1 smart contrast ratio ensures deep blacks and bright whites, providing excellent color accuracy and contrast.
Regarding connectivity, the AOC CQ32G1 has a DisplayPort, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI 1.4 input, and an Audio Line-out for convenience. The package also includes the required DisplayPort and HDMI cables.
The AOC CQ32G1 also features AOC Low Blue Mode and Flicker-Free Technology, providing well-being during extended gaming sessions.
These features reduce blue light emission and screen flicker, minimizing eye strain and fatigue.
Finally, the monitor is VESA compatible, making it easy to mount on a wall or arm for a clean and ergonomic setup.
Overall, the AOC CQ32G1 is an excellent gaming monitor that offers fantastic value for the price. Its curved design, fast response time, and high refresh rate provide an immersive and smooth gaming experience.
It’s a great choice for gamers who want a large, high-quality display without breaking the bank.
- Immersive 1800R curved design
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response time and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync
- The 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders
- Excellent color accuracy and contrast with an 80,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- AOC Low Blue Mode and Flicker-Free Technology for well-being during extended gaming sessions
- VESA compatible for easy wall or arm mounting
- No built-in speakers
- 1080p resolution may not be sufficient for some users
10. HP VH240a 23.8-Inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED MonitorBest Pick
|Screen Size||23.8 inches|
|Resolution||Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080)|
|Response Time||5ms with overdrive|
|Built-In Speakers||Yes (2 watts per channel)|
|Bezel-Less Frame||Yes (3-sided narrow bezels)|
|Connectivity||HDMI, VGA, and HDCP support|
I was immediately impressed by the sleek design of the monitor, with its thin bezel-less frame that made the display appear larger than it was.
The Full HD resolution made the colors and images on the screen look crisp and vivid. The IPS panel also provided excellent viewing angles, so even if you weren’t sitting directly in front of the monitor, the image quality didn’t degrade.
One of the standout features for me was the built-in speakers. With 2 watts per channel, the sound quality was impressive, saving me from purchasing external speakers. The monitor was also easy to set up and came with all the necessary cables.
However, there were a couple of drawbacks. The 5ms response time with overdrive was slower than some of the other monitors I had used, so there was some motion blur when playing fast-paced games.
Additionally, the monitor’s refresh rate was only 60Hz, which is decent but not as smooth as some higher-end monitors on the market.
Overall, the HP VH240a is an excellent monitor for streaming, especially if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option.
The thin bezel-less frame and built-in speakers are definite selling points, and the Full HD resolution provides great image quality. However, consider a monitor with a higher refresh rate and faster response time if you’re a hardcore gamer.
- A thin bezel-less frame provides a seamless multi-monitor setup
- Built-in speakers provide great sound for your content
- The full HD resolution ensures crisp and vivid image quality
- Easy to set up and comes with necessary cables
- 5ms response time with overdrive can cause some motion blur
- The refresh rate of only 60H
Buying Guide: How to Choose
Regarding streaming, having the right monitor can make all the difference. A high-quality monitor can enhance your viewing experience and help you see your content in stunning detail.
However, with so many available options, choosing the best monitor for streaming can take time and effort.
In this buying guide, we will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision when purchasing a monitor for streaming.
- Resolution: The first thing to consider when choosing a monitor for streaming is resolution. Higher-resolution monitors provide sharper and more detailed images. If you want the best possible picture quality, look for a monitor with at least 1080p resolution or higher. However, higher resolutions require more powerful graphics cards to run smoothly.
- Refresh Rate: The refresh rate refers to the number of times the monitor can update its image per second. A higher refresh rate means smoother motion and less motion blur, which is especially important for gaming and fast-paced content. For streaming, a monitor with a refresh rate of at least 60Hz is recommended.
- Panel Type: There are three main types of monitor panels: TN, IPS, and VA. TN panels are known for their fast response times and low input lag, making them great for gaming. However, they have poor viewing angles and color accuracy. IPS panels have better viewing angles and color accuracy but slower response times. VA panels offer the best contrast ratios but can suffer from ghosting.
- Size: Monitor size is a matter of personal preference, but choosing a size that fits your desk and viewing distance is important. A larger monitor can provide a more immersive experience but may not be practical if you have limited desk space. For streaming, a monitor between 24-32 inches is recommended.
- Connectivity: Make sure the monitor you choose has the necessary connectivity options. Most monitors come with HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, but some may also have VGA or DVI ports. Look for a monitor with at least one HDMI input, as this is the most common connection type for streaming devices.
- Additional Features: Some monitors have additional features that can enhance your viewing experience. For example, built-in speakers can save you from buying separate speakers. Other features include adjustable stands, blue light filters, and gaming modes.
Based on the above criteria, we recommend the ViewSonic VX3276-MHD 32 Inch 1080p Frameless Widescreen IPS Monitor for streaming. It features a Full HD resolution, an IPS panel for excellent viewing angles and color accuracy, and a flicker-free and blue light filter for extended viewing comfort.
Additionally, its ultra-slim bezel design provides a seamless multi-monitor setup. Another great option is the Samsung 32-inch UJ59 UHD 4K Monitor, which offers stunning images with incredible lifelike details and AMD FreeSync technology for reduced image tear and stutter during fast-paced content.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the ideal resolution for a streaming monitor?
A resolution of 1920×1080 (Full HD) or higher is recommended for a streaming monitor to ensure clear and crisp visuals.
Does the response time of a monitor affect streaming quality?
Yes, a lower response time is better for streaming as it reduces motion blur and provides a smoother viewing experience.
Is a curved monitor necessary for streaming?
No, a curved monitor is not necessary for streaming, but it can provide a more immersive experience for some users.
What refresh rate is recommended for a streaming monitor?
A refresh rate of at least 60Hz is recommended for a streaming monitor, but higher refresh rates (such as 144Hz) can provide an even smoother viewing experience.
What type of panel is best for a streaming monitor?
An IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel is recommended for a streaming monitor as it provides wider viewing angles and more accurate color representation. However, TN (Twisted Nematic) panels can offer faster response times and lower input lag for competitive gaming.
In conclusion, choosing the best monitor for streaming can greatly enhance your viewing experience and improve the quality of your content.
When selecting a monitor, it’s important to consider factors such as resolution, refresh rate, response time, panel type, and connectivity options.
It’s also important to remember your budget and what features are most important to you. You can find the perfect monitor for your streaming setup by researching and considering your specific needs.