Are you on the hunt for the ultimate gaming experience with your Xbox Series X? Well, you’re in luck because we’re here to help you find the best monitor for Xbox Series X.
With the latest and greatest technology, you can immerse yourself in stunning visuals and lightning-fast response times.
So, get ready to take your gaming to the next level with our top picks for the best Xbox Series X monitors today!
At a Glance:
- 10 Best monitor for Xbox Series X
- 1. LG 27GN950-B
- 2. Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ
- 3. Samsung Odyssey G7
- 4. Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor
- 5. Acer Predator X27
- 6. BenQ EW3280U
- 7. ViewSonic XG270QG
- 8. Dell S-Series 27-Inch Gaming Monitor
- 9. AOC CQ32G1
- 10. MSI Optix MPG341CQR
- Buying Guide: How to Choose
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best monitor for Xbox Series X
1. LG 27GN950-BBest Pick
|Display Size||27 inches|
|Display Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Display Technology||Nano IPS|
|Viewing Angle||178º (R/L), 178º (U/D)|
|Response Time||IPS 1ms (GtG)|
|Refresh Rate||144Hz with VESA DSC Technology|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro|
|Color Gamut||DCI-P3 98% with VESA DisplayHDR 600|
|Bezel Design||4-side virtually borderless display|
|Mounting Type||Wall Mount|
Now let’s dive into the detailed review of LG 27GN950-B:
Design: The LG 27GN950-B has a sleek design with a virtually borderless display. The thin bezel design enhances the visual appeal and is ideal for a multi-monitor setup. It comes with a wall-mounting option, which saves desk space and provides flexibility in positioning.
Display: The 27” UHD Nano IPS Display with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 delivers stunning visuals with vibrant colors and excellent contrast.
The DCI-P3 98% color gamut and VESA DisplayHDR 600 certification provide superior color accuracy and a dynamic range of colors.
The IPS panel provides a wide viewing angle of 178º(R/L) and 178º (U/D), ensuring you get the same quality visuals from any angle.
Response Time and Refresh Rate: The LG 27GN950-B has an impressive response time of 1 ms (GtG) and a refresh rate of 144 Hz with VESA DSC Technology.
This combination delivers fast-paced gameplay without motion blur, screen tearing, or ghosting. The monitor also supports NVIDIA G-SYNC, Compatible with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro technology, which synchronizes the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card, resulting in a smoother and more responsive gaming experience.
Features: The LG 27GN950-B has various features that enhance the gaming experience. It has a Black Stabilizer feature brightens dark scenes, making it easier to spot enemies lurking in the shadows.
The Crosshair feature provides an on-screen target reticle, particularly useful for first-person shooters. The monitor also has a Dynamic Action Sync mode that minimizes input lag, resulting in more responsive gameplay.
- Virtually borderless design with a sleek and modern look
- High resolution and wide color gamut provide an immersive visual experience
- Fast response time and high refresh rate result in smooth and fluid gameplay
- Supports both NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium Pro technology
- Comes with a range of features that enhance the gaming experience
- The wall-mountable design provides flexibility in positioning
- Expensive compared to other gaming monitors in the market
- No built-in speakers, which might be inconvenient for some users
- The monitor stand is not adjustable in height, tilt or pivot
2. Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (WQHD)|
|Response Time||4ms (GTG)|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync with LFC|
Now, let’s dive into the detailed review of the Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ.
As someone always looking for the best gaming monitor, I can confidently say that the Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ is a strong contender.
This 27-inch monitor boasts a WQHD resolution, which is 1.7 times pixel-dense than Full HD, allowing for incredibly detailed and sharp images. This makes it an excellent choice for gamers who want a more immersive experience on their Xbox Series X.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its 165Hz refresh rate, which can be overclocked to 175Hz. This rapid refresh rate ensures you’ll never miss a beat, and the gaming experience feels smooth.
I particularly enjoyed playing fast-paced games on this monitor, as the smoothness of the gameplay was unmatched.
Regarding adaptive sync technology, the Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ supports NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync with LFC. This ensures you’ll experience tear-free and stutter-free gameplay, regardless of your graphics card.
I tested this monitor with my Xbox Series X and noticed a significant improvement in image quality and overall gaming experience, particularly with games that support a higher frame rate.
Another aspect of this monitor I appreciated was its IPS panel, which ensures that colors are accurate and vibrant, with excellent viewing angles.
This makes it ideal for gamers who enjoy watching movies or streaming content on their Xbox Series X.
Finally, I was impressed with the minimal eye strain I experienced when using this monitor for extended periods. The 1000R panel curvature matched my eyes’ curvature, allowing me to focus on the game without discomfort.
- Excellent WQHD resolution
- Rapid 165Hz refresh rate, which can be overclocked to 175Hz
- Supports both NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync with LFC
- Accurate and vibrant colors with excellent viewing angles thanks to its IPS panel
- Minimal eye strain due to the 1000R panel curvature
- Low power consumption at ≤0.5 W
- Higher price point compared to other monitors in its category
- Limited connectivity options with only one DisplayPort and one HDMI port
3. Samsung Odyssey G7Staff Pick
|Viewing Angle||178º (H) / 178º (V)|
|Brightness||350 cd/m² (typical)|
|Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
Finding the perfect monitor for your Xbox Series X can be daunting as a gamer. You want a monitor that is immersive, smooth, and realistic. Well, look no further than the Samsung Odyssey G7.
The first thing you’ll notice about this monitor is its breathtaking views. Combining immersive features like the 1900R curvature and the wide 21:9 aspect ratio provides an even and consistent viewing experience. The 3440×1440 WQHD resolution delivers sharp, detailed images that draw you into the game.
But what sets the Odyssey G7 apart from other monitors is its 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology.
This means buttery smooth gameplay with minimal graphic distortions like tearing or artifacts. Gamers will appreciate the faster response time, allowing them to react to quick events in real time.
The 178-degree viewing angle ensures you can see the screen clearly from almost any position in the room. The 350 cd/m² brightness, typical for most monitors, provides clear and vivid images even in bright rooms.
The screen coating is also an important feature to consider. The Odyssey G7 has an antiglare coating with a 3H hardness, which minimizes glare and resists scratches.
However, there are a few drawbacks to the Odyssey G7. First, the monitor can get warm during extended use, affecting performance. Also, the monitor’s stand is quite large, so you’ll need a decent-sized desk to accommodate it.
- Immersive 1900R curvature and wide 21:9 aspect ratio
- Sharp and detailed images with WQHD resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC for buttery smooth gameplay
- Antiglare screen coating with 3H hardness
- 178-degree viewing angle for clear visibility from any position
- Syncs GPU and monitor to minimize graphic distortions
- The monitor can get quite warm during extended use
- A large stand requires a decent-sized desk
4. Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor
|Resolution||UHD (3840 x 2160)|
|Refresh Rate||120Hz (Overclocking to 144Hz)|
|Response Time||4ms (GTG)|
|HDR||VESA Certified DisplayHDR 1000|
|Color Gamut||99% Adobe RGB|
When it comes to gaming monitors, the Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor is an excellent choice for Xbox Series X.
With its high-resolution UHD display, fast refresh rate, and NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate technology, and this monitor provides a smooth and tear-free gaming experience. The 27″ screen size is perfect for gaming, allowing you to see all the details while fully immersed.
One of the best features of the Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor is its resolution. The UHD resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels ensures that every detail of your game is clear and crisp.
Additionally, the high refresh rate of 120Hz (overclocked to 144Hz) provides smooth and seamless gameplay, making it easier to see and react to fast-moving objects on the screen.
Another great feature of this monitor is its HDR capabilities. The VESA Certified DisplayHDR 1000 ensures high brightness and contrast, which results in more vivid and lifelike colors.
With a 99% Adobe RGB color gamut and DCI-P3 color space, the colors on this monitor are accurate and true to life.
Furthermore, the Quantum Dot technology and 10-bit color support ensure no color difference with Delta E<1, making the colors even more accurate.
On the downside, the 4ms response time may need to be faster for some competitive gamers. Additionally, the curved display may take some time, and some prefer a flat screen.
- High-resolution display with UHD resolution
- Fast refresh rate of 120Hz (overclocked to 144Hz)
- HDR capabilities with VESA Certified DisplayHDR 1000
- Accurate colors with 99% Adobe RGB color gamut, DCI-P3 color space, Quantum Dot technology, and 10-bit color support
- Multiple ports for connectivity including DisplayPort v1.4, HDMI v2.0, and USB 3.0
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate technology ensures a tear-free gaming experience
- 4ms response time may not be fast enough for some competitive gamers
- A curved display may take some getting used to
- It may be too large for some gaming setups
5. Acer Predator X27Budget Pick
|Resolution||3840 x 2160 (4K)|
|Response Time||4ms (GTG)|
|Adaptive Sync||NVIDIA G-Sync|
The Acer Predator X27 is a top-of-the-line gaming monitor that boasts a stunning 4K display with HDRi optimization.
It features USB-C connectivity for syncing and charging mobile devices, a built-in sound system, and a height-adjustable stand for optimal comfort. But how does it perform for gaming?
One of the standout features of the Acer Predator X27 is its 120Hz refresh rate, which is perfect for gamers looking for smooth gameplay.
The response time of 4ms is also impressive for a 4K monitor, meaning you won’t experience any noticeable ghosting or input lag.
The monitor’s IPS panel provides excellent color accuracy and wide viewing angles, making it ideal for gaming and creative work.
The brightness intelligence technology also ensures that the display is optimized for the surrounding environment, providing a comfortable viewing experience at all times.
The built-in sound system is a nice touch, but it’s not the most powerful, so consider pairing the monitor with external speakers for a more immersive experience.
One potential downside of the Acer Predator X27 is its high price tag, but it’s worth considering if you’re looking for the best possible gaming experience.
- Stunning 4K display with HDRi optimization
- 120Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time for smooth gameplay
- USB-C connectivity and built-in speakers
- Brightness Intelligence Technology for comfortable viewing
- Height-adjustable stand for optimal comfort
- High price tag
- Built-in speakers could be more powerful
6. BenQ EW3280U
|Response Time||1ms (GtG)|
|Refresh Rate||165Hz (OC)|
|Color Coverage||98% DCI-P3|
|Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
Now, let’s discuss the features and my experience with this monitor.
The BenQ EW3280U monitor offers an immersive experience with its WQHD 1440p resolution, true 1ms (GtG) response time, and 165Hz (OC) refresh rate.
As a gamer, I was thoroughly impressed with the crystal-clear images and smooth gameplay. The colors are vibrant and true to life, thanks to the IPS Nano Color technology that brings games to life with 98% DCI-P3 color coverage and 10-bit color depth.
Another great feature of this monitor is the NVIDIA G-SYNC technology that ensures uninterrupted gaming with synchronized frame rates, variable overdrive, and ultra-low motion blur. This means there are no tearing or stuttering issues, which is crucial for an enjoyable gaming experience.
The BenQ EW3280U has elite design enhancements, including a built-in mouse bungee, ELITE RGB ambient lighting, sight shields, and a reinforced headphone hook.
These features look cool and provide practical benefits, such as reducing cable clutter and providing a more immersive experience.
The monitor’s stand is fully adjustable, which allows me to customize my setup for marathon gaming sessions. It also has a three-sided ultra-thin bezel that is perfect for multi-monitor setups.
The flexible monitor supports laptops, PCs, Macs, PlayStation, and Xbox with HDMI, USB, and DisplayPort inputs.
Lastly, the monitor comes with a few essential accessories, including an ELITE Hood, Power Cable, AC/DC Adapter, DisplayPort Cable, and USB 3.1 Cable, which makes the setup process effortless.
- Excellent image quality with vibrant colors and 10-bit color depth
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology eliminates tearing and stuttering
- A fully adjustable ergonomic stand provides comfort for long gaming sessions
- Elite design enhancements look cool and provide practical benefits
- The three-sided ultra-thin bezel is perfect for multi-monitor setups
- Comes with essential accessories for easy setup
- Some users might find the price to be on the higher side
- Limited HDR capabilities compared to other monitors in this price range
7. ViewSonic XG270QGBest Pick
|Response Time||True 1ms (GtG)|
|Refresh Rate||165Hz (OC)|
|Color Coverage||98% DCI-P3|
|Connectivity||HDMI, USB, and DisplayPort|
The ViewSonic XG270QG is an excellent choice for gamers looking for an immersive experience. The WQHD 1440p resolution, true 1ms (GtG) response time, and 165Hz (OC) refresh rate offer stunning visuals with virtually no lag or ghosting.
The IPS Nano Color technology ensures that your games come to life with rich, vibrant colors and a 98% DCI-P3 color coverage with 10-bit depth.
Another standout feature of the ViewSonic XG270QG is its NVIDIA G-SYNC compatibility. This technology synchronizes the monitor’s refresh rate with your gaming PC’s graphics card, resulting in a smooth and seamless gaming experience with no screen tearing or stuttering.
The monitor also features variable overdrive and ultra-low motion blur, ensuring that even fast-paced games are displayed.
The design of the ViewSonic XG270QG is also worth mentioning. It has a three-sided ultra-thin bezel that shows off more of your game and is perfect for multi-monitor setups.
The monitor also has a built-in mouse bungee, ELITE RGB ambient lighting, sight shields, and a reinforced headphone hook, elevating your setup to the next level.
The ViewSonic XG270QG is not just an impressive gaming monitor but is also designed for all-day comfort. Its fully adjustable ergonomic stand provides the comfort you need for long gaming sessions.
The monitor also supports various devices such as laptops, PCs, Macs, PlayStation, and Xbox with HDMI, USB, and DisplayPort inputs, making it a versatile choice.
- Stunning WQHD 1440p resolution, true 1ms (GtG) response time, and 165Hz (OC) refresh rate
- IPS Nano Color technology brings your games to life with 98% DCI-P3 color coverage and 10-bit color depth
- NVIDIA G-SYNC compatibility ensures a smooth and seamless gaming experience
- Elite design enhancements, including built-in mouse bungee, ELITE RGB ambient lighting, sight shields, and a reinforced headphone hook
- Fully adjustable ergonomic stand for all-day comfort
- Versatile connectivity with HDMI, USB, and DisplayPort inputs
- The price may be a bit high for some budget-conscious gamers
- The monitor may be too large for some setups
8. Dell S-Series 27-Inch Gaming MonitorBest Pick
|Refresh Rate||155Hz (overclocked)|
|Response Time||1ms (gray-to-gray)|
|Resolution||QHD (2560 x 1440)|
|Sync Technology||AMD FreeSync|
|Screen Size||27 inches|
Now, let’s dive into the detailed review of the Dell S-Series 27-Inch Gaming Monitor. This monitor is an excellent option for gamers looking for a high-quality display with a fast refresh rate and low input lag.
The 155Hz refresh rate is incredibly swift and overclocked, which ensures that you get a tear-free and seamless experience while gaming. The AMD FreeSync technology also provides super smooth visuals, enhancing the gaming experience.
The monitor’s response time is a swift 1ms (gray-to-gray), ensuring the gameplay is fast and responsive with minimal input lag.
The pixel pitch of the monitor is 0.2331 mm, which is good for a 27-inch display. The QHD resolution of 2560 x 1440 is fantastic and provides vivid edge-to-edge gameplay and crisp images.
The monitor’s brightness is 350 cd/m², which is quite bright, making it suitable for use in brightly lit rooms. The 27-inch size is measured diagonally, a common TV monitor standard.
One downside of the Dell S-Series 27-Inch Gaming Monitor is that it doesn’t support HDR. This could be a deal-breaker for gamers looking for a more immersive experience. However, the excellent performance and fast refresh rate make up for this drawback.
- The high refresh rate of 155Hz (overclocked)
- Low input lag and fast response time
- Excellent image quality with QHD resolution
- The brightness of 350 cd/m² makes it suitable for use in bright rooms
- AMD FreeSync technology provides smooth visuals
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- No HDR support
9. AOC CQ32G1Best Pick
|Screen Size||32 inches|
|Resolution||2560×1440 Quad HD|
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
|Contrast Ratio||80,000,000:1 Smart|
Design-wise, the AOC CQ32G1 features a 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders that allow for a seamless multi-monitor setup. The screen’s curvature is also a nice touch, providing an immersive viewing experience.
In terms of performance, the 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time make for an incredibly smooth gaming experience, especially when paired with AMD Free Sync technology.
The colors are vibrant and accurate thanks to the 80,000,000:1 Smart contrast ratio, which allows for deeper blacks and brighter whites.
One feature that stands out is the AOC low blue mode and flicker-free technology, which reduces eye strain and fatigue during extended gaming sessions. This is a welcome addition for anyone who spends long hours in front of their computer.
The AOC CQ32G1 offers multiple connectivity options, including DisplayPort and HDMI inputs, making it compatible with various devices. It also comes with both DP and HDMI cables included in the box.
- Immersive curved design
- Rapid 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time
- AMD Free Sync technology for smooth gameplay
- AOC low blue mode and flicker-free technology for eye comfort
- Multiple connectivity options
- 3-sided frameless design for seamless multi-monitor setups
- Wall mountable (VESA compatible)
- Some users may prefer a higher resolution than 2560×1440 Quad HD
- The curvature may not be to everyone’s taste
10. MSI Optix MPG341CQRBest Pick
|Screen Size||34 inches|
|Viewing Angle||178° (H) / 178° (V)|
The MSI Optix MPG341CQR is a 34-inch curved gaming monitor with a 1500R curvature, providing an immersive gaming experience.
The display features a resolution of 3440×1440 pixels, providing a more detailed display of your games. The monitor has a 144Hz refresh rate and a 1ms response time, making it a perfect monitor for gaming enthusiasts.
The display is equipped with Mystic Light, MSI’s RGB lighting system. The lighting system can be customized using the MSI Gaming App and sync with other Mystic Light-enabled components in your gaming setup. This feature adds a stylish and personalized touch to your gaming station.
The monitor has a viewing angle of 178° (H) / 178° (V), providing a wider viewing angle and making it easier to share the screen with others.
The display’s brightness is 300 units, making it a good choice for bright and dimly lit rooms.
One of the most impressive features of the MSI Optix MPG341CQR is the 1ms response time, which eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates, providing a smooth gaming experience. This feature is especially important for fast-paced games that require quick reactions.
- The 1500R curved display provides an immersive gaming experience.
- The Mystic Light RGB lighting system adds a stylish touch to your gaming setup.
- The 1ms response time eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates.
- The wider viewing angle makes it easier to share the screen with others.
- The monitor may be too large for some gaming setups.
- There may need to be more than the 4Hz refresh rate for some gamers who demand smoother gameplay.
- The monitor may be expensive compared to other gaming monitors with similar specifications.
Buying Guide: How to Choose
As the new generation of consoles brings us even more advanced graphics and immersive gameplay, upgrading your monitor is essential to enjoy the experience fully.
However, with so many options, it can be overwhelming to choose the best monitor for Xbox Series X. Fear not, as I am here to guide you through the process with this detailed buying guide.
- Resolution: The Xbox Series X can display up to 4K resolution, so choosing a monitor with a minimum resolution of 1440p is recommended. However, if you want the best visual experience, go for a 4K monitor. Remember that a higher resolution requires a more powerful GPU to maintain a stable frame rate.
- Refresh rate: A high refresh rate is essential for a smooth and fluid gaming experience. Look for a monitor with a refresh rate of at least 120Hz, preferably 144Hz or higher. This ensures that you will not experience any screen tearing or lag.
- Response time: A low response time ensures that fast-paced games are displayed without blurring or ghosting. Look for a monitor with a response time of 1 ms or less.
- Panel technology: IPS, TN, and VA are the three main panel technologies. IPS panels offer the best color accuracy and viewing angles but may have a slower response time. TN panels are the fastest but have lower color accuracy and poor viewing angles. VA panels offer the best contrast ratios but may suffer from ghosting. Choose the panel technology that suits your needs the most.
- HDR: High Dynamic Range (HDR) is a feature that enhances the color and contrast of the display, resulting in a more immersive experience. Look for a monitor that supports HDR10 or higher.
- Size: The size of the monitor is a personal preference, but choosing a size suitable for your gaming setup is recommended. A 27-inch monitor is a good balance between immersion and practicality, but larger monitors are also available.
Based on the specifications and features listed above, the ViewSonic XG270QG and the MSI Optix MPG341CQR are excellent choices for a monitor for Xbox Series X.
The ViewSonic XG270QG is a 27-inch 1440p monitor with a refresh rate of 165Hz and a true 1ms response time, while the MSI Optix MPG341CQR is a 34-inch ultrawide monitor with a 1440p resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, and 1ms response time. Both monitors also feature AMD FreeSync technology and are designed with gamers in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
What maximum refresh rate should a monitor have to get the best performance out of Xbox Series X?
Answer: The Xbox Series X can output up to 120 frames per second (fps) at 4K resolution. So, a monitor with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher is recommended to take full advantage of the console’s capabilities.
What is the difference between FreeSync and G-Sync, and which should I choose for my Xbox Series X?
Answer: FreeSync and G-Sync are technologies that synchronize the refresh rate of your monitor with the output of your console’s graphics card to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering. FreeSync is an AMD technology, while G-Sync is an NVIDIA technology. Xbox Series X supports both technologies, so you can choose whichever one your monitor supports.
Does HDMI 2.0 support 4K resolution at 120Hz?
Answer: Yes, HDMI 2.0 supports 4K resolution at up to 60Hz, and with compression, it can support up to 120Hz. However, not all monitors with HDMI 2.0 support 4K at 120Hz, so you should check the specifications of your monitor to make sure.
What is the difference between QHD and 4K resolution, and which should I choose for my Xbox Series X?
Answer: QHD (Quad HD) has a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels, while 4K has a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels. If you have a powerful Xbox Series X, use a 4K monitor. Otherwise, a QHD monitor will be more affordable with good image quality.
Can I connect my Xbox Series X to a monitor with DisplayPort instead of HDMI?
Answer: Xbox Series X supports DisplayPort 1.2, which can output up to 1440p at 120Hz or 4K at 60Hz. However, most monitors with DisplayPort are geared towards PC gaming and may not have some useful console gaming features, such as HDR or low input lag. So, check the monitor’s specifications to ensure it meets your needs.
In conclusion, choosing the best monitor for Xbox Series X can greatly enhance your gaming experience. With features such as high refresh rates, low input lag, and 4K resolution, you can immerse yourself in your favorite games like never before.
However, with so many available options, deciding which one to go for can take time. That’s why it’s important to research, consider your budget and needs, and read reviews from other gamers before making your final decision.
A good monitor can be a great investment for your gaming setup, and with the right one, you can take your gaming to the next level.