Are you in the market for a new gaming monitor? Look no further because I’ve got just the thing for you. Today, we will talk about the best 42-inch gaming monitor out there.
That’s right, 42 inches of pure gaming goodness! Whether you’re a casual gamer or a competitive pro, having a high-quality gaming monitor can make all the difference.
So, let’s dive into what makes a 42-inch gaming monitor so special and what features you should look for. Are you ready to level up your gaming experience? Let’s go!
At a Glance:
- 5 Best 42 inch gaming monitor
- 1. LG 42.5 inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor
- 2. ViewSonic Elite XG420
- 3. Philips Momentum 4K Gaming Monitor
- 4. Acer Predator CG437K
- 5. Samsung CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor
- 6. Asus ROG Strix XG438Q
- 7. AOC Agon AG493UCX
- 8. BenQ EX4300R Gaming Monitor
- Buying Guide: How to Choose 42-inch gaming monitor
- Frequently Asked Questions
5 Best 42 inch gaming monitor
1. LG 42.5 inch 4K UHD IPS MonitorBest Pick
|Display size||42.5 inches|
|Refresh rate||60 Hz|
|Response time||5 ms|
As a gamer, I always seek the best equipment to enhance my gaming experience. And when it comes to finding the best 42-inch gamin42-anchor, the LG 42.5-inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor the massive UHD display caught my attention.
With a resolution of 3840×2160, every detail in the game is crisp and clear. Plus, the IPS panel provides accurate colors and wide viewing angles that make the gaming experience even more immersive.
Another feature that I found extremely useful was the USB Type-C connectivity. With this, I could power up my device through a single cable, improving efficiency. Plus, the adjustable stand and expanded inputs made it easy for me to set up my gaming station just as it was.
But what ally impressed me was the dynamic action sync that minimized input lag, which helped me react faster to my opponents.
Plus, the HDR support and 10W stereo speakers with Rich Bass created an extremely realistic and immersive experience that made me feel like I was part of the game.
Of course, like any product, there are positive and negative aspects to consider. Here are some pros and cons of the LG 42.5 inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor:
- Massive UHD display with accurate colors and wide viewing angles
- USB Type-C connectivity for improved efficiency
- Dynamic action sync that minimizes input lag
- HDR support and 10W stereo speakers with Rich Bass for an immersive experience
- 60 Hz refresh rate may not be suitable for some competitive gamers
- 5 ms response time may not be fast enough for some fast-paced games
2. ViewSonic Elite XG420
|Display size||42.5 inches|
|Contrast ratio||Static – 2,500:1, Dynamic – 120,000,000:1|
|Connectivity||HDMI 1.4, USB, DisplayPort|
The ViewSonic Elite XG420 is a powerful gaming monitor that gives you the edge in all your gaming quests. With a stunning 1440p resolution, ultra-fast 3ms response time, and an amazing 100Hz refresh rate, you’ll be able to see all the action clearly and respond quickly.
The curved monitor design creates an immersive 1800R curved viewing experience with panoramic images, vivid colors, and incredible detail in 2K resolution. This feature will take your gaming experience to the next level.
Another notable feature of the ViewSonic Elite XG420 is its ELITE RGB lighting technology, which radiates your gaming environment and seamlessly integrates into your existing RGB peripheral setup.
You can customize the lighting according to your preferences and create an ambiance that enhances your gaming experience.
The AMD FreeSync technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in battle, and the adjustable ergonomic stand delivers the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions.
The monitor also supports laptops, PCs, Macs, PlayStation, and Xbox with HDMI 1.4, USB, and Display Port inputs, making it highly versatile.
While the ViewSonic Elite XG420 is a great gaming monitor, it does have a few downsides. The first one is that it’s quite expensive, so it may only suit some people’s budget. Additionally, the monitor doesn’t support HDR, which can be a dealbreaker for some users.
- High resolution and refresh rate for an immersive gaming experience
- ELITE RGB lighting technology enhances the gaming environment
- AMD FreeSync technology ensures smooth frame rates for better gaming performance
- Adjustable ergonomic stand for comfortable gaming sessions
- Versatile connectivity options
- Expensive price tag
- No HDR support
3. Philips Momentum 4K Gaming MonitorStaff Pick
|Resolution||4K (3840 x 2160)|
|Refresh Rate||120Hz (144Hz for PC gaming)|
|Response Time||1ms (GtG)|
|Color Gamut||NTSC 113%, sRGB 124%, Adobe RGB 111%|
|HDR||VESA-certified DisplayHDR 400|
|Speakers||Built-in DTS Sound speakers|
As a gaming enthusiast, I’ve been looking for a 42-inch gaming monitor, and my search,h led me to the Philips Momentum 4K Gaming Monitor.
This monitor is designed for the optimal Xbox Series X gaming experience right out o the box, and it delivers its promise.
Firstly, the ultra-smooth motion of this monitor is a real treat for gamers. With its 4K resolution and 120Hz refresh rate, you can play your favorite games with stunning clarity and no motion blur.
And if you’re a hardcore PC gamer, you can even push the refresh rate up to 144Hz via DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.1.
Another standout feature of this monitor is its low-latency glow-latency ilities. Say goodbye to screen tearing and broken frames, as this Philips Momentum display comes with AMD FreeSync Premium, low input lag, and a lightning-fast 1ms (GtG) response time.
It gives you the ultimate edge over your opponents, allowing you to react faster and play more competitively.
The color gamut of this monitor is another plus point. It boasts NTSC 113%, sRGB 124%, and Adobe RGB 111% color gamut area coverage, ensuring you can enjoy true-to-life images and millions of colors.
Additionally, the monitor is VESA-certified DisplayHDR 400, which delivers incredible contrast and stunning details that make it easy to spot enemies hiding in the shadows and enjoy a more compelling and lifelike show when watching movies.
Lastly, the built-in DTS Sound speakers deliver an immersive virtual surround sound experience. The speakers produce rich bass, dialogue enhancement, and maximized volume levels free of clipping distortion, ensuring you are immersed entirely in your game or movie.
- Ultra-smooth motion with 4K resolution and 120Hz refresh rate
- Low latency gaming with AMD FreeSync Premium and 1ms (GtG) response time
- Wide color gamut with NTSC 113%, sRGB 124%, and Adobe RGB 111% coverage
- VESA-certified DisplayHDR 400 for incredible contrast and stunning details
- Built-in DTS Sound speakers for an immersive virtual surround sound experience
- Ambiglow technology adds a new dimension to your viewing experience
- The monitor is quite expensive compared to other gaming monitors
- The monitor doesn’t come with a built-in webcam
4. Acer Predator CG437K
|Screen Size||42.5 inches|
|Resolution||4K UHD (3840 x 2160)|
|Response Time||1ms (VRB)|
|HDR||DisplayHDR 1000 certified|
|Color Gamut||DCI-P3 90%|
|Speakers||2 x 10W|
The Acer Predator CG437K is an impressive 42.5-inch gaming monitor that delivers an immersive gaming experience. With a 4K UHD resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate, this monitor provides excellent picture quality and smooth gameplay.
The VA panel technology used in this monitor delivers a wide viewing angle, which is great for gamers who like to play with friends or family.
One of the key features of this monitor is its Adaptive Sync technology, which supports NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible for a smooth gaming experience with minimal stuttering or tearing.
The response time of just 1 ms (VRB) als1 helps to eliminate ghosting and blur, making it an excellent choice for fast-paced games.
The Acer Predator CG437K has been certified as DisplayHDR 1000, which means it can display a wide range of colors and provide a high level of contrast.
With a color gamut of DCI-P3 90%, this monitor provides accurate and vibrant colors, making it suitable for t also for, content media co, consumption.
The monitor’s zero-frame design provides a seamless viewing experience, which is great for immersive gaming or multitasking.
The built-in 10W speakers provide good sound quality, but you may still want to consider an external speaker system for a more immersive audio experience.
Another unique feature of the Acer Predator CG437K is its RGB Light Sense Strip, which adds a touch of personality to your gaming setup.
This monitor also has Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor, which can help reduce eyestrain and power consumption.
Regarding connectivity, this monitor offers a range of ports, including a USB 3.1 Type-C port (Gen 1), DisplayPort 1.4, and two HDMI 2.1 ports.
These ports support the latest gaming consoles, such as the PS5 and Xbox Series X, providing a high-quality gaming experience with 4K UHD resolution at 120Hz.
Overall, the Acer Predator CG437K is an excellent choice for gamers who want a large, high-quality monitor with all the latest features.
While it may be a bit pricey, it offers an outstanding gaming experience and great color accuracy. However, there may be better choices for those with limited desk space or who prefer a more minimalist design.
- Large 42.5-inch display with 4K UHD resolution and 144Hz refresh rate
- Adaptive Sync technology with NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible support
- Excellent color accuracy and wide color gamut with DisplayHDR 1000 certification
- Range of connectivity options, including USB Type-C, DisplayPort, and HDMI 2.1
- Zero-frame design and built-in speakers
- RGB Light Sense Strip, Light Se sensor,,, and Proximity Sensor for added convenience
- Expensive compared to other gaming monitors
- May be too laIt may for some desk setups
- The built-in speakers may not provide enough volume for some users
5. Samsung CHG90 QLED Gaming MonitorBudget Pick
|Screen size||49 inches|
|Resolution||3840 x 1080 pixels|
|Viewing angle||178° (H) / 178° (V)|
|Refresh rate||144 Hz|
The Samsung CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor is a massive 49-inch ultra-wide gaming monitor that is sure to make an impact on any gamer.
With its innovative 32:9 aspect ratio, this monitor offers a unique and immersive gaming experience that is perfect for anyone looking for the ultimate gaming setup.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its QLED technology, which delivers brighter, lifelike that pop off the screen. And with HDR technology, you can enjoy a wider range of colors and greater contrast for an even more immersive gaming experience.
In terms of gaming performance, the CHG90 doesn’t disappoint. With a fast 144Hz refresh rate, you can enjoy smoother gameplay with less motion blur and tearing, while multiple game modes help optimize the monitor’s performance for different types of games.
Plus, the monitor has a swivel stand that allows you to adjust the angle of the screen for a more comfortable viewing experience.
However, there are a few drawbacks to this monitor. For one, its resolution of 3840 x 1080 pixels is lower than other monitors in its price range, which means the image may not be as sharp or detailed as you’d like. The monitor’s massive size may make it difficult to fit on smaller desks or tight spaces.
The Samsung CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor is a great option for gamers who want a unique and immersive gaming experience.
Its innovative design, advanced technology, and impressive gaming performance make it a standout choice, even if it does come with a few drawbacks.
- Ultra-wide 49-inch screen with 32:9 aspect ratio for an immersive gaming experience
- QLED technology delivers brighter, more lifelike colors
- HDR technology provides a wider range of colors and greater contrast
- Fast 144Hz refresh rate for smoother gameplay
- Multiple game modes to optimize performance for different types of games
- A swivel stand A swivel for easy adjustment of screen angle
- A lower resolution lower, 3840 x 1080 pixels, may not be as sharp or detailed as other monitors.
- Massive size may make fitting on smaller desks or in tight spaces difficult.
6. Asus ROG Strix XG438Q
|Screen Size||43 inches|
|Resolution||4K UHD (3840 x 2160)|
|Refresh Rate||144Hz with ELMB (1ms MPRT) and FreeSync Premium Pro|
|Brightness||750cd/m² (typical), 1000cd/m² (peak with HDR)|
|Color Gamut||90% DCI-P3|
The Asus ROG Strix XG438Q gaming monitor is a powerful 43-inch 4K UHD display with a fast 144Hz refresh rate that defibrotide gamers with an immersive experience.
With its high resolution, vibrant colors, and fast refresh rate, this gaming monitor offers an excellent gaming experience.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate with ELMB (1ms MPRT) and FreeSync Premium Pro. These features eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates, ensuring a smooth and seamless gaming experience.
Additionally, the GameFast Input Technology minimizes input lag and provides faster motion delivery from end devices to the monitor.
Another great feature of this gaming monitor is its 4K at 120 Hz support via HDMI 2.1, making it a great option for gamers who want to take advantage of the latest consoles’ mind-blowing performance.
The high dynamic range (HDR) technology with DisplayHDR 1000 certification and 90% DCI-P3 professional color gamut ensure exceptional contrast and color performance.
The Asus ROG Strix XG438Q gaming monitor is also designed with gamers in mind, with multiple game modes and a customizable RGB lighting system. The stand is adjustable, allowing for easy height and tilt adjustments to ensure optimal viewing angles.
However, the monitor’s large size and weight can make it challenging to set up and move around, and the price point may be out of reach for some gamers.
Additionally, while the monitor’s color accuracy is good, some higher-end professional monitors may need to be more accurate.
The Asus ROG Strix XG438Q is an excellent gaming monitor with a fast refresh rate, high resolution, and vibrant colors. It is designed with gamers in mind and offers several features to enhance the gaming experience.
While the monitor’s large size and high price point may deter some, it is still a great choice for gamers looking for the best 42-inch gaming monitor.
- Ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate with ELMB and FreeSync Premium Pro
- GameFast Input Technology minimizes input lag
- 4K at 120 Hz support via HDMI 2.1
- High dynamic range (HDR) technology with DisplayHDR 1000 certification and 90% DCI-P3 professional color gamut
- Adjustable stand for easy height and tilt adjustments
- Multiple game modes to choose from and a customizable RGB lighting system
- Large size and weight may make it challenging to set up and move around
- The high price of the highway is out of reach for some gamers
- Color accuracy may not be as accurate as some higher-end professional monitors.
7. AOC Agon AG493UCXBest Pick
|Screen size||49 inches|
|Resolution||Dual QHD 5120×1440|
|Response time||1ms (MPRT)|
The first thing you’ll notice about this monitor is its size. With a 49-inch display, it’s like having two QHD monitors side-by-side.
The curved VA panel enhances the immersive experience, and the 1800R curve is just right – not too subtle or extreme. The resolution of 5120×1440 is impressive, providing a crisp and clear picture quality.
The AOC Agon AG493UCX is a high-performing monitor with a fast 1ms response time and a 120Hz refresh rate (via DP 1.4) with Adaptive-Sync.
It eliminates screen tearing and stuttering, providing a smooth and lag-free gaming experience. You’ll appreciate this monitor’s fast and responsive performance in fast-paced games and when multitasking.
The monitor is also designed for content creators and photo editors, with a stunning imagery capability thanks to DisplayHDR 400 certified performance and 121.6% sRGB and 90% Adobe RGB color gamut coverage. The colors are accurate, vibrant, and rich, and the high contrast ratio is ideal for photo editing.
Another convenient feature of the AOC Agon AG493UCX is its mobile device-ready functionality. It has USB-C input for convenient docking and charging of your device simultaneously (up to 65W via USB-PD). You can also mount the monitor on the wall for optimal viewing.
Overall, the AOC Agon AG493UCX is a powerful, impressive monitor perfect for gamers, content creators, and multitaskers. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
- Huge 49-inch curved display
- Dual QHD resolution for a clear and detailed picture
- Fast 1ms response time and 120Hz refresh rate for smooth and lag-free gaming
- Stunning imagery with DisplayHDR 400 certification and wide color gamut coverage
- Convenient USB-C input for docking and charging mobile devices
- Wall-mountable for optimal viewing
- Expensive compared to other monitors in the market
- Limited ports compared to other gaming monitors
8. BenQ EX4300R Gaming MonitorBest Pick
|Response Time||1ms (MPRT)|
BenQ EX4300R is a 34-inch ultrawide curved gaming monitor that offers WQHD (3440×1440) resolution with an aspect ratio of 21:9.
The IPS panel technology ensures vibrant and accurate colors with a 144Hz refresh rate and a 1ms MPRT response time for smooth gaming.
This gaming monitor is equipped with HDRi optimization that enhances the contrast and color of the image for a more cinematic experience.
Additionally, it has a built-in dual speaker system that frees up your desk space while providing high-quality audio.
The monitor also has a height-adjustable stand, making it easier to customize your workspace to fit your optimal comfort.
One unique feature of the BenQ EX4300R is the light tuner, which lets you select your ideal contrast in bright and dark scenes.
It also comes with Brightness Intelligence Technology that optimizes the display performance for work and plays, ensuring that your eyes are protected while providing a stunning image at the same time.
One of the most significant advantages of the BenQ EX4300R is its ultrawide curved screen that provides an immersive gaming experience.
The 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms MPRT response time ensure smooth gameplay without ghosting or tearing screens. The HDRi optimization feature enhances the contrast and color of the image, providing a cinematic experience.
Moreover, the built-in dual speaker system offers premium audio, saving desk space. The height-adjustable stand ensures optimal comfort, and the light tuner feature provides better control over the contrast.
Finally, the Brightness Intelligence Technology protects your eyes while providing a stunning image, making it easier to work and play for an extended period.
One downside of the BenQ EX4300R is that it doesn’t support G-Sync, which may be an issue for some gamers. Another drawback is the limited color gamut coverage. While it covers the sRGB color space, it only covers 72% of the NTSC color gamut.
- Ultrawide curved screen provides an immersive gaming experience
- 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms MPRT response time for smooth gameplay
- HDRi optimization enhances the contrast and color of the image for a cinematic experience
- Built-in dual speaker system provides premium audio while saving up desk space
- Height-adjusts height-adjustable optimal comfort
- Light tuner The light provides better control over the contrast
- Brightness Intelligence Technology protects your eyes while providing a stunning image
- Does not support G-Sync
- Limited color gamut coverage
Buying Guide: How to Choose 42-inch gaming monitor
Choosing the best gaming monitor can be daunting, especially when so many options are available in the market. If you are looking for a gaming monitor that is practical and budget-friendly, a 42-inch gaming monitor could be ideal.
In this guide, we will discuss the essential features to look for in a 42-inch gaming monitor and provide recommendations for some of the best gaming monitors available.
Features to consider:
- Resolution: A higher resolution ensures sharper and more detailed images for a better gaming experience. Opt for a monitor with a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080.
- Refresh Rate: Refresh rate is the number of times the monitor can refresh the image per second. A higher refresh rate ensures smoother gameplay and reduces motion blur. A monitor with a minimum refresh rate of 120Hz is recommended.
- Response Time: Response time is when the monitor changes from one color to another. A lower response time is better for gaming, ensuring smoother gameplay and reducing ghosting. A monitor with a response time of 5ms or lower is recommended.
- Panel Type: The panel type determines the monitor’s color accuracy and viewing angles. IPS panels offer the best color accuracy and viewing angles, while TN panels offer the best response times. VA panels offer the best contrast ratios.
- Connectivity: Ensure the monitor has the necessary ports to connect to your gaming console or PC. HDMI and DisplayPort are the most common ports, while USB ports can be useful for charging devices.
- Size: A 42-inch monitor is large, so ensure it fits comfortably on your desk or gaming setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between IPS, TN, and VA panels in a gaming monitor?
IPS panels offer the best color accuracy and viewing angles, while TN panels offer the best response times. VA panels offer the best contrast ratios.
What is the recommended resolution for a 42-inch gaming monitor?
A higher resolution ensures sharper and more detailed images, making for a better gaming experience. Opt for a monitor with a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080.
What is the refresh rate of a gaming monitor, and why is it important?
The refresh rate is the number of times the monitor can refresh the image per second. A higher refresh rate ensures smoother gameplay and reduces motion blur. A monitor with a minimum refresh rate of 120Hz is recommended.
What is the response time in a gaming monitor, and why is it important?
Response time is when the monitor changes from one color to another. A lower response time is better for gaming, ensuring smoother gameplay and reducing ghosting. A monitor with a response time of 5ms or lower is recommended.
What connectivity options should I look for in a 42-inch gaming monitor?
Ensure the monitor has the necessary ports to connect to your gaming console or PC. HDMI and DisplayPort are the most common ports, while USB ports can be useful for charging devices.
In conclusion, a 42-inch gaming monitor can be a great investment for those who want a more immersive gaming experience. When choosing a monitor, consider its resolution, refresh rate, response time, panel type, connectivity, and size.
With so many options available, it’s important to research and find the one that best fits your needs and budget.
By keeping these factors in mind, you’ll be able to find a monitor that enhances your gaming experience and provides you with hours of entertainment.