Are you searching for the perfect monitor to pair with your RTX 2070 graphics card? Well, you’ve come to the right place! A good monitor can make all the difference when it comes to maximizing the potential of your powerful RTX 2070.
From refresh rates to resolution, there are a lot of factors to consider when choosing the best monitor for your setup. So, let’s dive in and explore some of the top options that can bring out the best in your RTX 2070.
At a Glance:
7 Best monitor for rtx 2070
1. ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZBest Pick
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Refresh Rate||165 Hertz|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||NVIDIA G SYNC|
Having the right monitor is crucial to maximizing your gaming experience as a gamer. The ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ is a great option for those looking for a high-performance monitor that can keep up with their RTX 2070 graphics card.
With a 27-inch WQHD (1440P) resolution and a refresh rate of 165 Hertz, this monitor is specifically designed for gamers who want a balance of screen size and resolution for high-refresh gaming.
One of the key features of this monitor is its IPS panel, which provides an immersive and lifelike color experience for games, movies, and design work.
The wide viewing angles make it easy to share your screen with others without worrying about color distortion or loss of clarity. The thin bezel design also adds to the visual appeal of the monitor, giving it a sleek and modern look.
Another important aspect of this monitor is its NVIDIA G SYNC technology, which eliminates stutter and screen tearing for smooth gameplay.
This is especially useful for fast-paced games where quick reflexes are required. The response time of 4ms is also impressive, meaning there is minimal lag or ghosting during gameplay.
For those who spend long hours in front of their monitors, the ASUS Eye Care technology is a welcome addition. It minimizes eye fatigue and strain, making it easier to game or work for extended periods.
The ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments is also a nice touch, allowing you to customize the monitor to your needs and preferences.
Regarding additional features, the ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ has exclusive Game Visual & GAME plus functions to enhance color performance and control. This is particularly useful for competitive gamers who want an edge in color accuracy and visibility.
- High refresh rate and low response time for smooth gameplay
- Immersive color and wide viewing angles thanks to the IPS panel
- NVIDIA G SYNC technology eliminates stutter and screen tearing
- ASUS Eye Care technology minimizes eye fatigue and strain
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments
- Exclusive Game Visual & GAME plus functions for enhanced color performance and control
- Expensive compared to other monitors in the market
- Not suitable for those on a tight budget
- Limited connectivity options (only 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort)
2. Dell S2719DGF
|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Refresh Rate||155 Hertz|
|Adaptive Sync Technology||AMD FreeSync|
If you’re looking for a monitor that can keep up with your RTX 2070 graphics card, the Dell S2719DGF is worth considering.
With a fast refresh rate of up to 155 Hertz (overclocked) and AMD FreeSync technology, this monitor offers sharp, tear-free graphics with super smooth visuals.
One of the standout features of this monitor is its incredibly fast response time of 1 ms, which provides blazingly fast and responsive gameplay with minimum input lag. This is essential for gamers who require quick reflexes and precise control in fast-paced games.
The QHD (2560×1440) resolution and vivid edge-to-edge gameplay make for a truly immersive experience, with almost two times more pixels than full HD.
The TN panel type may not provide the same level of color accuracy as IPS panels, but it still offers good color reproduction and viewing angles.
With 350 candelas per square meter brightness, the Dell S2719DGF can deliver bright and vivid visuals, even in well-lit rooms. This is particularly useful for gamers who prefer to play in bright environments.
Overall, the Dell S2719DGF is a great choice for gamers who want a monitor to keep up with their RTX 2070 graphics card.
The fast refresh rate, response time, and AMD FreeSync technology make for an incredibly smooth and responsive gaming experience.
The QHD resolution and edge-to-edge gameplay also add to the immersion, making it easy to get lost in your favorite games.
- Swift refresh rate and AMD FreeSync technology for tear-free graphics and smooth visuals
- Fast response time for blazing fast and responsive gameplay with minimum input lag
- QHD resolution and vivid edge-to-edge gameplay for a truly immersive experience
- The brightness of 350 candelas per square meter for bright and vivid visuals
- Customizable game modes and a fully adjustable stand for added convenience
- TN panel type may not offer the same level of color accuracy as IPS panels
- Limited connectivity options (only 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort)
- No built-in speakers
3. LG 27GL83A-BStaff Pick
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (QHD)|
|Response Time||1ms (GTG)|
|Refresh Rate||144Hz (Overclock to 165Hz)|
|Sync Technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible|
The LG 27GL83A-B is an excellent monitor for gaming and productivity, making it a great choice for those looking for the best RTX 2070. Its 27-inch QHD display with a 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution provides sharp and detailed images, making it great for gaming and other applications requiring high-resolution displays.
The IPS panel provides accurate and vibrant colors with excellent viewing angles, making it perfect for gaming and other multimedia applications.
Additionally, the 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate, which can be overclocked to 165Hz, provide smooth and seamless visuals with minimal input lag.
The monitor also features NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology, eliminating screen tearing and stuttering for a smoother gaming experience.
The 3-side, virtually borderless design provides an immersive viewing experience, making it great for multi-monitor setups.
Furthermore, the monitor’s tilt, height, and pivot adjustable stand allow for ergonomic adjustments to ensure comfortable and healthy use over extended periods. The stand is also sturdy and well-built, providing excellent stability.
Overall, the LG 27GL83A-B is an excellent gaming and productivity monitor with its sharp and detailed QHD display, fast response time and refresh rate, NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatibility, and ergonomic design. However, its slightly higher price point may deter some users.
- Sharp and detailed QHD display
- Fast 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate (overclockable to 165Hz)
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering
- The 3-side virtually borderless design provides an immersive viewing experience
- Ergonomic stand with tilt, height, and pivot adjustments for comfortable use
- Accurate and vibrant colors with excellent viewing angles
- Slightly higher price point than other similar monitors on the market.
4. Acer Predator XB271HU
|Display size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440|
|Signal inputs||1 x Display Port & 1 x HDMI 1.4 Port|
The Acer Predator XB271HU is an excellent choice for gamers and creative professionals looking for a high-quality monitor with great features.
One of the main selling points of this monitor is its impressive resolution of 2560 x 1440, which provides a sharp and detailed image that is perfect for gaming, photo editing, and video production.
The IPS panel of the Acer Predator XB271HU offers excellent color accuracy and a wide viewing angle, which makes it a great choice for color-critical work.
Additionally, the monitor has a fast refresh rate of up to 165Hz, which allows for smooth and responsive gameplay, even in fast-paced games.
The Acer Predator XB271HU is also NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible, which means it can synchronize its refresh rate with NVIDIA graphics cards for tear-free gaming.
This is a great feature for gamers who want the best possible experience and want to avoid screen tearing or stuttering.
One of the downsides of the Acer Predator XB271HU is that it doesn’t have a USB hub or built-in speakers, which could be a deal-breaker for some users.
However, it does come with a tilt, height, and pivot adjustable stand, which provides a lot of flexibility in terms of positioning and ergonomics.
Overall, the Acer Predator XB271HU is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality monitor that can keep up with modern gaming and creative work demands.
Its high resolution, fast refresh rate, and excellent color accuracy make it a great investment for anyone who wants a great all-around monitor.
- High resolution and pixel density for a sharp and detailed image
- Fast refresh rate and NVIDIA G-SYNC compatibility for smooth and responsive gameplay
- Excellent color accuracy and wide viewing angle for color-critical work
- Tilt, height, and pivot adjustable stand for flexibility and ergonomics
- No built-in USB hub or speakers
5. MSI Optix MAG271CQRBudget Pick
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 (WQHD)|
The MSI Optix MAG271CQR is a curved gaming monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate and 1 ms response time. The 1800R curvature of the display provides excellent immersion for gaming, which enhances the overall experience.
The monitor features a sleek design with a metallic finish and RGB lighting on the back that can be controlled using MSI’s Mystic Light software, which adds a nice touch to your gaming setup.
With a resolution of 2560 x 1440, the WQHD display provides a more detailed and crisp image compared to 1080p monitors, allowing you to see more details in your games.
The VA panel technology delivers a high contrast ratio, producing deep blacks and vibrant colors suitable for gaming, movies, and design work.
The 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time ensure that the monitor delivers smooth and fluid gameplay without stuttering, lagging, or ghosting, which is essential for fast-paced games.
Additionally, the monitor supports FreeSync technology, which works seamlessly with AMD graphics cards to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering, providing a smooth and tear-free gaming experience.
One thing to note is that the VA panel technology may produce some ghosting in fast-moving scenes, distracting some gamers.
However, this is a common issue with VA panels, and it needs to be more significant to ruin the overall experience.
Overall, the MSI Optix MAG271CQR is an excellent gaming monitor that delivers a smooth and immersive gaming experience thanks to its high refresh rate, fast response time, and vibrant display. The curved design and RGB lighting add a nice aesthetic touch to any gaming setup.
- 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time deliver smooth gameplay.
- WQHD resolution provides more details and a crisp image.
- Curved design enhances immersion and the gaming experience.
- Mystic Light RGB lighting adds a nice aesthetic touch to the monitor.
- FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering.
- Some ghosting may occur in fast-moving scenes due to VA panel technology.
6. AOC Agon AG271QX
|Resolution||2560 x 1440|
|Connectivity||DisplayPort, HDMI, 2x USB 3.0|
|Special Features||Speakers, Low Blue Light Tech|
The AOC Agon AG271QX is a 27-inch gaming monitor with a VA panel with a 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution. A 144Hz refresh rate and a 5ms response time provide a fast and smooth gaming experience.
The monitor also features G-Sync technology, eliminating screen tearing and stuttering for a more fluid and seamless experience.
One of the most significant benefits of the AOC Agon AG271QX is its low blue light technology, which reduces harmful blue light emissions. This feature makes it ideal for gamers who spend long hours in front of their screens.
The monitor has various connectivity options, including DisplayPort, HDMI, 2x USB 3.0, and audio line-in/out. Additionally, the Agon AG271QX is wall-mountable and features height and pivot adjustments for enhanced ergonomics.
The VA panel of the AOC Agon AG271QX offers excellent contrast and color accuracy, making it suitable for gaming and content creation alike.
The monitor’s 350 cd/m2 brightness provides clear visuals, even in well-lit environments. Furthermore, the monitor’s 50,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio ensures that images are clear and crisp.
- Low blue light technology reduces harmful blue light emissions
- 144Hz refresh rate and 5ms response time for smooth and fast gameplay
- G-Sync technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering
- Good connectivity options, including DisplayPort, HDMI, and USB ports
- Excellent contrast and color accuracy due to the VA panel
- Wall-mountable and height and pivot adjustments for enhanced ergonomics
- Response time could be faster
- No HDR support
- Some users report backlight bleeding in dark scenes
7. ViewSonic XG2703-GSBest Pick
|Display size||27 inches|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440|
|Sync technology||NVIDIA G-SYNC|
The ViewSonic XG2703-GS is a high-quality monitor that offers exceptional performance and image quality. It boasts a WQHD resolution, ultra-fast 4ms response time, and an amazing 165Hz refresh rate that gives you the edge in all your gaming quests.
The IPS panel technology provides a wide viewing angle with accurate and consistent color reproduction, making it a perfect choice for gaming, photo editing, and graphic design.
One of the most prominent features of this monitor is the NVIDIA G-SYNC technology that enables smooth frame rates and eliminates screen tearing and stuttering.
It also has an arsenal of pre-set customizable visual modes that prepare you for any FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games.
The XG2703-GS has a fully adjustable ergonomic stand for height, tilt, pivot, and swivel adjustments. The blue light filter reduces eye strain during long gaming sessions, making it a comfortable choice for extended use.
The monitor also supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI 1.4, USB, and Display Port inputs, providing flexible connectivity options.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering for smooth gameplay.
- Customizable visual modes provide the flexibility to adjust to different game genres.
- The ergonomic stand offers height, tilt, pivot, and swivel adjustments for comfortable use.
- Wide viewing angle and accurate color reproduction with IPS panel technology.
- 165Hz refresh rate provides a smooth and responsive gaming experience.
- Flexible connectivity options with HDMI 1.4, USB, and Display Port inputs.
- There might need to be more than the 4ms response time for hardcore competitive gaming.
- The monitor doesn’t have built-in speakers.
Buying Guide: How to Choose
As an expert in monitors, I understand how overwhelming it can be to choose the best monitor for your gaming setup, especially when you have an RTX 2070 graphics card.
A monitor that is not compatible or doesn’t have the right specifications can severely limit the potential of your graphics card.
In this buying guide, I will help you make an informed decision by providing you with all the necessary information to consider before purchasing.
- Resolution: The monitor’s resolution is the first thing you need to consider. A higher resolution monitor will give you a better picture quality and sharper image. The minimum resolution for RTX 2070 is 1080p, but a monitor with a resolution of 1440p or higher is recommended for optimal performance.
- Refresh Rate: A monitor’s refresh rate determines how many times per second the screen refreshes. A higher refresh rate means a smoother gaming experience. A monitor with a refresh rate of at least 120Hz is recommended for RTX 2070, but 144Hz or higher is ideal for competitive gaming.
- Response Time: Response time is the time it takes for a pixel to change from one color to another. A lower response time means less motion blur and a more seamless gaming experience. A response time of 5ms or lower is recommended for RTX 2070.
- Panel Type: There are three main types of panels, IPS, TN, and VA. IPS panels offer the best color accuracy and wide viewing angles, while TN panels offer the fastest response times. VA panels provide better contrast but have slower response times. It is recommended to choose an IPS or TN panel for RTX 2070.
- G-Sync/FreeSync: G-Sync and FreeSync technologies synchronize the monitor’s refresh rate with the graphics card, eliminating screen tearing and stuttering. G-Sync is for NVIDIA graphics cards, while FreeSync is for AMD graphics cards. For RTX 2070, a G-Sync-compatible monitor is recommended for optimal performance.
- Size: The size of the monitor is a personal preference, but it is recommended to choose a monitor that is at least 24 inches for optimal viewing experience.
Based on the above criteria, we recommend the Acer Predator XB271HU as the best monitor for RTX 2070. It has a 27-inch IPS panel with a 1440p resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, and 4ms response time. It also has G-Sync compatibility and a fully adjustable ergonomic stand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a monitor with a higher resolution than 2560×1440 with my RTX 2070?
Yes, you can use a higher resolution monitor, but it may impact the performance of your RTX 2070 and may result in lower frame rates in certain games.
Do I need a G-Sync compatible monitor with my RTX 2070?
A: It is not mandatory, but having a G-Sync-compatible monitor can greatly enhance your gaming experience by reducing screen tearing and providing smoother frame rates.
How many refresh rates does my RTX 2070 support on a monitor?
RTX 2070 supports up to 240Hz refresh rates, but it also depends on the resolution of your monitor. Higher resolutions may result in lower refresh rates.
Is IPS or TN better for gaming with my RTX 2070?
IPS monitors are generally considered better for gaming due to their superior color accuracy and wider viewing angles. TN monitors are more affordable and offer faster response times but may sacrifice image quality.
Can I connect multiple monitors to my RTX 2070?
You can connect up to four monitors to your RTX 2070 using a combination of DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI ports. However, keep in mind that running multiple monitors may impact the overall performance of your system.
In conclusion, choosing the best monitor for your RTX 2070 graphics card can greatly enhance your gaming experience. With a high refresh rate, low response time, and good resolution, you can immerse yourself in the game like never before.
However, with so many available options, choosing the perfect one for you can take time and effort. That’s why it’s essential to consider your specific needs and preferences regarding display size, resolution, and features.
Hopefully, this guide has given you a better understanding of the factors to consider and will help you decide when choosing the best monitor for your RTX 2070.